Table of Contents Hide
- Benefits of Drinking Water
- 1. Water Keeps The Kidneys Working
- 2. Energizing Drink
- 3. Protects The Joints and Cartilages
- 4. Cures a Hangover
- 5. Drinking Water Helps in Weight Loss
- 6. Promotes Better Digestion
- 7. Water Adds Shine to Your Tresses
- 8. Diminishes Wrinkles and Under Eye Bags
- 9. Treats Headaches
- 10. Regulates Body Temperature
- Simple Tips to Help You Drink More Water
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Have you ever wondered, why we are asked to drink water when in fact two-thirds of our body is made up of water itself! Water is all around us! We drink it, bathe in it, swim in it and also travel on it! And yet, many of us do not know how water can benefit our health! Water can ease congestions, reduce swellings and do a whole lot of other things! To know more about why water is good for you, how it helps you function, live and stay healthy, simply read on!
There is more than one benefit of drinking water. So, what are they? Today we will delve into the importance of drinking water.
Recommended Read- 12 Health Benefits of Coconut Water that You Didn’t Know
Benefits of Drinking Water
1. Water Keeps The Kidneys Working
If you did not already know, our kidneys help flush out toxins in the body. This in turn helps in regulating blood pressure and balances the electrolyte and fluids in the body. And how do you keep your kidneys ticking? Water is the answer! One of the many benefits of drinking a lot of water is you help your kidney function optimally!
2. Energizing Drink
The health benefits of water are many! If you feel tired, jittery and zonked out after a rigorous workout session, a glass of chilled water can help you energize in a jiffy. Remember, that one of the signs of dehydration is tiredness. So, the next time you begin to feel your energy levels dropping, simply gulp down some water!
3. Protects The Joints and Cartilages
If you want your joints and cartilages well lubricated, yes water will do the trick! Drinking water will lubricate your joints and also protect your tissues and spinal cord from minor injuries. The cartilages are about 85% water and to keep your cartilages healthy, it is important to hydrate the body.
4. Cures a Hangover
The importance of drinking water is not limited to just keeping your kidneys and cartilages functioning. When you wake up with a post party hangover, a few glasses of water, can help you get back on your feet. Alcohol consumption dehydrates the body and leaves you feeling woozy and disoriented. While drinking distilled water, in such instances may not be advisable, a few glasses of clear water will help you think clearly again!
5. Drinking Water Helps in Weight Loss
Drinking water to lose weight is something most people resort to. When you up your water intake, you will feel less hungry and more satiated. This will curb midday snacking. One of the main benefits of drinking hot water is quick weight loss. How, you may ask? Drinking water also boosts your metabolism by several manifolds, which also adds up to weight loss.
6. Promotes Better Digestion
Drinking lukewarm water not just aids weight loss, but also promotes better digestion. It helps in dissolving water soluble fats and fibre. It also prevents constipation, by adding bulk to the stools. Water binds with the fibre that we consume in the large intestines, and together add to the bulk of the stools. It also helps flush out most toxins from the body and reduces the strain on the kidneys.
7. Water Adds Shine to Your Tresses
Drinking water, benefits your hair too! Any hairdresser will vouch that a cold shower, will leave your tresses glossier and shining. A cold water rinse constricts the cuticles of every hair strand making it flatter, smoother and more reflective! A shower also helps in making your lovely locks more manageable and less prone to tangles.
Don’t miss to Read Simple tips for how to avoid tangles in fine thin straight hair…
8. Diminishes Wrinkles and Under Eye Bags
Water in the form of ice packs can do wonders if you suffer from bags under your eyes or stubborn wrinkles. Use a cold compress every day and you will be surprised at how soon the wrinkles begin to fade away.
9. Treats Headaches
A bad headache can destroy your mood and render you incapable of performing simple household chores. Headaches and migraines like most other conditions are often a symptom of dehydration. Increasing your water intake will reduce the frequency as well as the intensity of headaches.
10. Regulates Body Temperature
It is quintessential that your body temperature is regulated, especially during physical work and workouts. Thanks to its thermal properties, water helps cool your body, by releasing heat in the form of sweat. In addition to regulating body temperature, water also helps prevent sprains and cramps, and keeps you feeling more energetic and motivated during a workout!
Simple Tips to Help You Drink More Water
Now that you know the many health benefits of drinking water, here are some tips to help you drink more water!
- Have a glass of water after every snack or meal.
- Choose beverages or make yourself a lot of lemon juice. You are likely to drink more of a beverage that satiates your taste buds! Plain water can get boring and difficult to drink in large quantities.
- Incorporate more fruits and veggies. Close to 20% of our fluid intake comes from the food we eat and fruits and vegetables are high in water content.
- Carry a bottle of water wherever you go with you in your car. Be sure to keep a bottle at your desk too!
With so many benefits to offer, water has not been simply termed a wonder liquid. The more water you drink, the more will you benefit! So, get set and go!