Paper lanterns look so attractive when you see them hanging in the shops. Decorative pieces hanging here and there definitely seek our attention. Why not stop admiring the shop ones and make a homemade DIY Christmas crafts which you can use for decorations. Never wondered about it?
Well, we will make a simple yet unique paper lantern which will have an altogether different look. It is in the form of a shell and is easy to make.
Have a look at this step by step video tutorial for making Unique Paper Lantern!
Things Needed For Making DIY Christmas Crafts
- Colour paper
- Craft glue
Step By Step Procedure
- We will take 2 coloured sheets of different colours: one yellow in colour and the other a dark green sheet to give contrast colours.
- On the green sheet, use a scale for measuring 2 cm and mark the points.
- Throughout the green sheet, mark points at a distance of 2 cm at opposite ends of the sheet throughout.
- Draw lines joining these 2 points. You need to draw lines throughout the sheet.
Let’s learn How to Make an Easy Handmade Card For Christmas!
- Mark points again of 1 cm distance on the lines such that the strips will decrease in size.
- Cut out the strips of different length and keep these strips aside.
- Follow the procedure with the yellow sheets as well and keep the yellow strips aside.
- Take both the green and yellow strips and place it alternatively one after the other.
- Use a thread and needle and stitch the alternative strips together.
- Fold the strips together and stitch them, repeat the process similarly with 3-4 strips every time and stitch the whole of it.
- Apply some glue and paste the strips in the form of a shell.
- For hanging the lantern, take a long thread and stitch the thread from within so that you can hang it easily.
The unique lantern is now ready to use!!
The shell pattern lantern not only looks amazing but unique as well. You can prepare this lantern easily and showcase it in the front door.
Invite your friends and relatives and flaunt the beautiful lantern. You will indeed earn appreciation for the beautiful shell lantern.