Quick Facts About Neck
- The chin allows limited stress over the jaw line regarding shaping the face or mouth.
- The main function of the chin is to chew and lip continence which is helpful in protecting the jaw from the mechanical stress.
- The male and female have different chin types: males have long chins that are flat and square in looks, while female have round and narrow chins.
- Human beings are the only species who have chins as no other animal or creature on the earth have it.
- It is believed that people with cleft chin are said to be luckier in love.
- Chin is the last phase of evolution as after that the process stopped.
Neck Fat – An Introduction
Are you also among the people looking for options for how to get rid of neck fat? Irritated of that saggy neck that pops up to spoil your pictures? Don’t worry, you are not the only one. Around 7 out of 10 people face this issue. The unpleasant saggy skin under the neck make you feel much older than you actually are. Also known as the turkey neck, this type of necks come with a negative impact on the self-confidence of the people.
So, what are the quick ways to get rid of that ugly looking saggy neck fat? Surgeries? No, the good news is that there are some exercises that would help you get rid of the neck fat along with some healthy eating habits too. The only thing it requires is some commitment and determination which would help in reducing that bulky flab from around the neck and increase your confidence for that perfect look.
So, today let’s learn how’s that possible. But before that have a look at the causes of the neck fat.
What Are The Causes Of Neck Fat?
Basically, as you grow older, the neck also begins to get heavier. If you gain weight, the neck also gains weight, similarly, as you lose weight it does the same too. Some of the widely known factors that lead to the saggy neck fat are:
- When you gain weight or become obese, the fat also gets settled on the neck portion making it fat.
- Particular imbalances in the hormones like thyroid and Cushing’s syndrome are also responsible for increased neck fat.
- People having cardiovascular issues also develop neck fat.
- Lastly, as you age, your neckline also gets heavier giving you an additional chin.
Apart from all these, loose skin or genetic issues also are responsible for double chin.
How To Get Rid Of Neck Fat?
For working on how to get rid of fat around your neck, you basically need to make particular changes in your diet and lifestyle. Hence, while looking for different ways to reduce the neck fat, you can also work on exercises and your diet too. Here is how you can do so.
Exercises For Reducing Neck Fat
1. Neck Rotation
This is among the best exercises when it comes to how to get rid of neck fat. Rotating the neck is an exercise that works effectively on the neck fat along with other body fat. Here is how you can carry the exercise.
- Sit straight and look in the front direction.
- Slowly turn your head on the left side as far as possible.
- Now come back to the original position.
- Now turn your head on the right side similarly and move back to the original position.
Repeat the set around 5 to 10 times in a day. This exercise strengthens the neck muscles and tones it improving the flexibility of the neck.
2. Side Resistance Exercise
This is yet another exercise that mainly targets the fat on the neck. Along with the neck, it also comes with a positive impact on the upper back body portion. Here is what you need to to.
- Sit straight or you can also stand straight.
- Take your right hand and place it on the right side of your face.
- Now bend your head slowly towards the right side as you push it with your right hand to avoid it from moving downwards.
- For around 10 to 20 secs, hold the same position.
- Now using your left hand, repeat the same process on the left side.
Carry out this exercise for around 10 times twice in a day. The exercise also makes your neck muscles strong.
3. Exercise With Your Mouth
This mouth exercise is a simple one which can be carried out any time anywhere. It is the best answer to how to get rid of fat around your neck simply by using your mouth to exercise. Here is what you have to do.
- Sit straight and widely open your mouth.
- Place the lower lip on the bottom side of the teeth.
- Hold the position for around 10 to 15 secs.
- Slowly release the lips to the normal position.
- Repeat this set for around 5 to 7 mins.
Doing this exercise for around 2 to 3 times everyday would give desired results on the saggy neck.
1. Watch Your Calories
This is the best way to reduce that unwanted saggy neck fat. Keep a watch on the calories you have in your meals. Limiting the calories to around 500 on daily basis would help you reduce 0.5 kg every week. Hence, reducing the calories not only works for your overall weight but your neck too. Again, while reducing the calories, make sure you don’t starve as this can reduce the metabolism in the body resulting into malnutrition.
2. Have Enough Water
While looking for different ways to work on how to get rid of neck fat, providing the body with required amount of water is yet another option. When the skin remains properly hydrated, it would not get loose or saggy. So, to keep your skin healthy and tight, make sure you have a minimum of 2 liters of water or even more on daily basis.
3. Focus On Fruits And Veggies
Including a good portion of fruits and veggies in your daily diet is much essential for shaping or toning your body. As you lose weight from the body, you would also lose the unwanted saggy fat on the neck along with it. So, look for grilled or boiled vegetables in your plate in every meal. Adding fruits instead of junk food in the intervals is also a good way to avoid unwanted calories and fats.
4. Look For Lean Proteins In Bulk
Lean proteins would help in controlling your appetite as they keep your tummy full for long hours. Rather than including other nutrients like carbohydrates, include four ounce of protein serving in the meals or snacks. For this focus on ingredients like poultry items, tofu, seafood, eggs, lean beef, low fat dairy products, etc.
5. Chewing Gum
When it comes to how to get rid of fat around your neck, chewing gum is the best option to go with. Chewing a gum would carry out stimulation of your neck muscles along with the facial muscles too. It provides with required exercises to the neck area and helps in reducing the fat from there. For this, chewing even a single gum in a day would provide with desired results.
6. Wear A Sunscreen
This might be surprising, but the sunscreen is also an essential way of reducing the fat from around the neck. The sunscreen helps in protection against skin aging, wrinkles, fine lines, etc. The high levels of SPF in the sunscreen protect you from the direct sun rays again protecting the neck area from sagging.
7. Begin With Green Tea
Green tea is rich in various healthy components along with antioxidants that increase the metabolism in your body. This helps in burning more calories and reducing the extra body fat. For this, take green tea for around 3 to 4 times in a day. This would also help in other health issues along with aging issues.
Along with all these, some other solutions for how to get rid of back neck fat include massaging with coconut oil, using egg white mask, apple cider vinegar, etc. Also, make sure you don’t apply any kind of pressure on the neck as this may lead to serious injuries. Again, it is advisable to contact your doctor before starting with any kind of exercises or diet to avoid any kind of health issues.
So, are you ready to fight against that unwanted saggy neck fat? Look for natural ways rather than going for surgeries as this might take good time as well as test your patience levels, but would surely provide results without any side effects.
Read Next –12 Best Moves To Get Rid Of Arm Fat!