Quick Facts Related to Biotin
- Biotin is quite essential for the growth the cells of the body.
- It helps in producing fatty acids in the body.
- Biotin helps in the metabolism of the amino acids in the body.
- It works for boosting the immune system.
- Biotin doesn’t synthesize in the body, and hence, it can only be obtained through ingredients in the diet.
- The nutrient was discovered in the year 1927 but was introduced as a vitamin in the year 1967 after intensive research.
- It helps in the conversion process of calories like carbohydrates, protein, fat, etc. into energy which makes it usable for the body.
- Biotin is much helpful in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
- Biotin is much essential during pregnancy as it helps the embryo is growing normally.
What is Biotin?
Thinking what nutrient is Biotin? Are you aware of Biotin benefits?
Let’s begin with the basics of the nutrient to learn from depth.
When asked “what is Biotin”, one of the simple and common answers is that Biotin is a nutrient that is also known as Vitamin B7, that is a portion of Vitamin B complex. The nutrient has entered the limelight zone rapidly with the increasing benefits it comes with.The nutrient is much essential for having a healthy metabolism, digestive system, cardiovascular system, and nerve system.
Wondering what does Biotin do? Biotin is a Vitamin is required for converting the nutrient from the food to energy that is used by the body. Biotin is a nutrient that doesn’t synthesize in the body itself, and hence, it needs to be obtained from the ingredients we include in our diet.
What Ingredients Supply with Biotin?
Biotin is mostly obtained from the food ingredients that are rich in protein, which mainly includes meat, vegetables and other dairy products. A good portion of biotin is obtained from meat, and hence, the vegetarians come to the risk of having Biotin deficiency, which leads to weak nails and loss of hair. Hence, the vegans need to use the supplements that help in getting the adequate amount of Biotin. Other ingredients that help with Biotin include:
- Eggs – they can be taken in salads, snacks, boiled, etc.
- Legumes, nuts and almonds – the list includes kidney beans, dry tofu, black-eyed peas, peanuts, nutty butter, etc.
- Whole grains like whole-grain cereal, oats, rice, bulgar, wheat, barley, etc.
- Milk and other dairy products like paneer, yoghurt, cheese, etc.
- Meat items that include salmon, chicken, tuna, liver, etc.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, spinach, sweet potato, mushrooms, avocado, etc.
What are the Biotin Benefits?
Biotin comes with a number of magical benefits for the hair, skin, and health. It helps the body with a number of functions, among which one is generating energy for the management of the blood glucose. Biotin benefits for skin include lowering the LDL levels and the triglycerides levels in the blood that helps in the improvement of the health and the skin.
Here are some of the magical benefits obtained from Biotin.
1. Want to Provide Your Hair With Required Strength? Biotin is The Quick Solution
People who are regularly complaining about excess hair fall, double hairline, thinning of hair, etc. Even after adopting every chemical based or home-made solution, if you are not getting desired results, the reason behind this damage to the hair is lack of Biotin in the body. Biotin is a natural nutrient that helps in curing the various damages to the hair. Biotin benefits include nourishment of the hair and it helps it to re-growing with complete strength. It also helps in reviving the hair follicles that are weak and prevents them from falling. This leads to thick, strong, and shining hair. The results of using Biotin for hair can be easily seen from the very first month of usage. For hair, Biotin can be used from the food items as supplements or can be taken through oral pills.
2. Longing for That Strong, Healthy and Attractive Nails? Go for Biotin
Brittle nails have always been a pinching issue mostly for the women. Just as the face and hands are noticed by the people, similarly, the nails are also marked when it comes to a clean appearance. Having nails that are chipped, having yellow stains, or are surrounded by skin that is cracked is a sign of Biotin deficiency. When the nails lack moisture in the plates along with the surrounding skin, it hinders the healthy growth of the nails. Biotin for nails helps in maintaining the moisture level, the growth and the strength of the nails providing them with the natural shine. For the nails, Biotin is generally taken orally in the form of supplements.
3. Gift Your Skin With a Balanced Health Through Biotin
Biotin uses for skin includes the treatment of a number of skin issues like a pimple, itching, acne, rashes, inflammations, dermatitis, psoriasis, and many more. All these skin infections are mostly found due to lack of required amount of Biotin in the body. When Biotin is taken along with Vitamin E, it helps in the treatment of these skin problems and also improves the texture of the skin. It not only repairs the skin but helps in nourishing the skin cells and fighting against the harmful toxins that are found in the nervous system. As a result, the individual gets youthful, healthy and improvised skin tone. Biotin benefits include fighting against the harmful resilient like infections, germs, foreign elements, and fungus.
4. Want to Cut Off Some Weight For a Slim And Fit Look? Biotin Would Provide You With Better Results
Biotin for weight loss is quite recommended by the dieticians these days. Biotin, when included in your meals on regular basis, helps in getting that desired shape naturally. Biotin is a Vitamin that holds a vital role in the metabolism process, for breaking down foods like fat, carbohydrates, proteins, etc. When it is combined with chromium picolinate, it increases the metabolism and helps in balancing the appetite. This results in weight loss naturally. For reducing weight, one must include ingredients like green vegetables, dairy products, eggs, fish, etc. in the diet. Along with this, substitutes are also available in the market, and capsules that help in getting required Biotin for a slim look in a healthy way.
5. Worried About The Cholesterol Levels? Include Biotin in Your Meals
Another new answer to “what is Biotin good for” is lowering the cholesterol levels. Biotin helps in reducing the bad cholesterol or LDL along with triglycerides levels which are said to be the prime reasons for stroke and heart attack. When the LDL and triglycerides get deposited in excess quantity in the artery walls of the heart and the brain too. Biotin reduces the bad cholesterol and henceforth, also reduces the chances of developing heart issues providing you with a healthy heart.
6. Are You Diabetic? Control Your Blood Sugar With Biotin
Controlling blood sugar is also included in the benefits of Biotin. Biotin helps in controlling Type 2 Diabetes that leads to other chronic health issues like kidney failure, pancreas, vision problems, heart disease, nerve damage, and much more. When Biotin is taken on a regular basis, it helps in preventing and controlling Diabetes Type 2. When Chromium picolinate is combined with Biotin, it helps in balancing the glycemic in the patients that are in trouble due to glucose.
Henceforth, there are a number of Biotin health benefits. Along with all these health, hair and skin issues, Biotin also helps in prevention against cancer, maintaining the growth of tissues, prevents against birth defects, promotes in the proper functioning of the brain, prevents against cognitive disease, supports in the functioning of adrenal and thyroid, stabilizes multiple sclerosis, and much more. It is also helpful during pregnancy for the healthy growth of the fetus.
What are The Effects of Biotin Deficiency?
No doubt, there are fewer chances of Biotin deficiency, it can result in some physical symptoms like:
- Rashes on the skin
- Hair loss
- Irritating skin
- Brittle hair
- Lack of adequate energy
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive tract issues
- Muscle pain
- Damage to the nerve system
- Changes in mood
- Impairment of cognitive
The risk factors leading to the deficiency of Biotin include:
- Regular usage of anti-seizure medications
- Excess intake of alcohol
- Excess consumption of raw white eggs
- Long-term use of antibiotics
- Serious digestive disorders
What Are The Side Effects of Biotin?
Any nutrient, when consumed in excess or in wrong way, can lead to serious or mild side effects. Biotin also comes with some side effects that have an impact on the body in different situations. Some of the Biotin side effects are:
- When taken in an incorrect manner or in excess quantity, the body cannot accept the sudden change leading to an imbalance.
- If using injections, it should be properly injected to avoid any disturbance in the muscle movements.
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers if take excess Biotin, it can be harmful to the infant.
- People suffering from kidney dialysis should get the correct dosage of Biotin from the doctors, avoiding random dosages.
- A higher dosage of Biotin can have an adverse impact on the balanced Vitamin in the body.
How Can You Add Biotin to Your Diet?
Biotin benefits can be obtained by including ingredients rich in Biotin in the meals naturally. Here are some quick ways to include Biotin in your diet.
- Make your breakfast and lunch health by including recipes that are rich in protein or egg recipes.
- For lunch, you can add ingredients like berries for making Berry goat cheese salad, frozen berry coconut and lime smoothie, etc.
- For the cauliflower lovers, you can have recipes like lemon roasted cauliflower, cauliflower mac and cheese, etc.
- You can also add some avocado to your recipes like mango avocado salsa, creamy cucumber avocado soup, and much more.
Henceforth, there are a number of Biotin uses for health, as it helps the body is functioning properly. The supplements are also recommended by the doctors, especially, for the women in pregnancy and diabetic individuals. It is thus, necessary for the people to have well-balanced meals avoiding the non-processed food items for maintaining the health.
Originally posted 2018-04-15 16:47:41. Republished by Blog Post Promoter