Table of Contents Hide
- Introduction to Vitamin B12
- Sources Rich In Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 Benefits for Skin and Hair
- Other Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Just as other nutrients, Vitamins also play a vital role in the effective performance of the human body. They hold a very small place in your health chart but are very helpful for a healthy life. The human body is not capable of producing Vitamins and hence, it is obtained from the fruits and vegetables in appropriate quantity. In this article, we will discuss Vitamin B12 benefits for skin and hair.
Priory, Vitamin B was identified as a single Vitamin, but with deep research, there are several forms of Vitamin B available. They all exist in our daily meals which we are unknown too. Among all the Vitamin B types, Vitamin B12 is the most crucial one for the human beings.
Introduction to Vitamin B12
Cobalamin, popularly known as Vitamin B12, is an important nutrient which is available in the Vitamin B complex. Vitamin B12 helps in the regulation of metabolism in the body. It is widely found in the non-veg items. Vitamin B12 are soluble in water and much delicate. They are delicate because they easily get destroyed when they are cooked or are consumed with alcohol. It also vanishes when the ingredient is used to make any kind of processed food. However, Vitamin B12 is the only complex Vitamin among all, which gets stored in the liver for a long time.
Everyone doesn’t need the equal amount of Vitamin B12. The strict vegetarians, smokers, alcohol consumers, pregnant women and senior citizens need more portion of Vitamin B12 as compared to other people. Also, the patients of liver or kidney disorder and haemolyticanaemia need more Vitamin B12 in more amount. As per the nutrient experts, a body requires minimum 2.4 micrograms of Vitamin B12 every day.
Read more about top 10 vitamins for Women…
Sources Rich In Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is available in the animal meat in plenty rather than the vegetarian diet. As a result, the vegetarians are at a high risk in facing the deficiency of Vitamin B12. However, there are replacements available in the market to consume Vitamin B12 in an appropriate amount.
- Vitamin B12 is widely available in meat, liver, eggs, cheese, shellfish and muscle meat for the non-vegetarians.
- Fish such as tuna, salmon, trout and cod can also be consumed to have Vitamin B12.
- Among the dairy products, milk is rich source of Vitamin B12. However, processed milk vanishes it. You can also have yogurt, cottage cheese, whole grain bread etc. which provide Vitamin B12 in required quantity.
- Some vegetarian ingredients like fortified yeast, fortified soy milk and some of the sea leaves are also rich in Vitamin B12.
- Certain fruits like Avacado, dates, pomegranate, some berries, watermelon etc. contain Vitamin B12 in bulk. While vegetables like potatoes, squashes, green leafy spinach etc. are also a great source of Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 can also be obtained from legumes like kidney beans, lentils, soya beans etc.
Note: Before starting any ingredient rich in B12, it is highly recommended to consult a doctor.
Let’s see Vitamin B12 benefits for skin and hair!
Vitamin B12 Benefits for Skin and Hair
How is Vitamin B12 Beneficial For Your Skin?
1. Works To Heal Skin Dryness
Are you having a dull skin! Yes, Vitamin B12 works to heal skin problems like dull skin, chronic skin disorders, unnatural skin complexion and much more. It hydrates the skin to give a perfect glow.
2. Works on Eczema
Eczema is a widely-faced skin issue due to the polluted atmosphere these days. It causes drying of the skin resulting to irritation and red rashes. Vitamin B12 not only helps to fight against it, but also vanishes the symptoms which lead to eczema.
3. Moisturizes Skin
Vitamin B12 is highly recommended to the people who are having dry skin. It helps your skin to improve the texture, tones the skin, helps to balance and moisturizes your skin for a glowing effect.
4. Fights Against Pigmentation
Vitamin B12 is the best to heal any skin damages rather than going for any chemical products. It helps in the regulation of the skin pigment and locates it well. This helps to keep the pigmentation effect. Hence, it is an anti-darkening ingredient.
5. Helps in Vitiligo
Vitiligo, also known as white patches, are one of the long-term skin problems. The itchy patches take a long time to cure and can also be contagious from a mother to the child. Vitamin B12 protects your skin from such patches.
6. Controls Cell Formation
Having a pale skin texture! You are surely facing deficiency of Vitamin B12, malnutrition and circulation of blood. This happens when the cell formation decreases. The decrease in the life span of a cell can be controlled by B12 giving you a healthy skin color.
7. Gives Your Skin A Younger Look
Everyone loves to have a smooth, healthy and well-toned skin. It gives youthful look to the viewer. B12 helps in getting that bubbly, smooth and vigorous skin. It works on the wrinkles and fine lines giving you a younger look. It also prevents from premature aging.
How Vitamin B12 Works For Your Hair?
1. Nourishment To Hair
Vitamin B12 is the best nourisher for your hair also. It works on all the body cells which also include follicles. This helps in healthy hair growth. You can also use the supplements of Vitamin B12 for healthy and strong hair.
2. Prevents Premature Hair Loss
The deficiency of Vitamin B12 leads to premature hair loss. It increases the loss of hair and also slows the hair growth process. They damage the follicles of the hair and hence, reduce hair growth.
Are you a victim of hair loss? Here is the best solution is to use hair vitamins that prevent hair loss…
3. Gives You Healthy Hair
Vitamin B12 works on your nervous system and also helps to form red blood cells in your body. Less intake of B12 would harm the nervous system and slow down the formation of red blood cells. This would indirectly damage the health of your hair.
Here, we have seen Vitamin B12 benefits for skin and hair. Let’s see some other benefits of vitamin B12.
Other Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Love having long and healthy nails! Vitamin B12 is the best source for having long and flaunt nails. It helps in strengthening the health of your nails making it strong and attractive.
- Vitamin B12 helps in increasing your memory also. It helps to balance the mind in several ways increasing your memory.
- Vitamin B12 helps in handling the mood swings and changes in hormones. It helps to control situations like panic attacks or stress.
- Vitamin B12 is also essential for strong bones to avoid problems like osteoporosis.
- Feeling lazy during working hours! Vitamin B12 is an anti-lethargy which wipes out the laziness in you.
- The fast life today has lead the people to the doors of depression. To fight against depression, intake meals rich in Vitamin B12 and get back to normal life.
- Vitamin B12 is recommended to the pregnant women to avoid any birth defects in the new born child.
- B12 also works as an anti-cholesterol which also helps in cutting down the risk of getting heart attack.
- Shocking, but it’s true. Vitamin B12 helps in reducing the chances of having cancer to a great extent.
- The intake of Vitamin B12 in your diet helps you in getting a sound sleep at night. This indirectly helps positively on the hair, skin, and health. It rejuvenates your body giving you a healthy lifestyle.
- For men facing problems infertility, Vitamin B12 has proved to be a boon. It boosts your fertility and increases the sperm production in the semen.
We have discussed the Vitamin B12 benefits for skin and hair. You may also aware of the deficiency of Vitamin B12 leads to several problems like weak digestive system, anxiety, neurological disorders, adverse effect on appetite, anemia, memory loss, hypertension and much more. Henceforth, Vitamin B12 is a must to include ingredient in your meals to live a healthy and well balanced life with proper functioning of your body.