How Can Hibiscus Be Used For Hair Treatment And Hair Care?
Hibiscus or Gudhal is a flower that is commonly used during auspicious occasions. However, we need to know that these hibiscus flowers are beneficial for our hair growth and conditioning in several ways. Hibiscus benefits for hair treatments, as a shampoo or oil and even as a conditioner.
Commonly known as gudhal in Hindi, hibiscus leaves and flowers contribute largely to hair growth. If you are suffering from a problem of hair fall, then hibiscus benefits for hair treatment will definitely work for you.
Hibiscus leaves and flowers are fortified with essential nutrients that are important for hair growth and maintenance. Following are the important properties and uses of hibiscus flowers and leaves.
- Fortified with Vitamins such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C, hibiscus flowers and leaves are available in the market as powders or gels.
- It also contained amino acids and alpha hydroxyl acids.
- If you have a plant of hibiscus in your yard, then you can directly use leaves and flowers for your hair treatment.
- Due to the high nutritional content in hibiscus, it helps in fading bald patches.
- It helps in prevention of premature greying of hair and covers the hair with a natural dye.
- It fights against rigid hair loss amongst men and women due to various reasons.
- As it is a natural herb, hibiscus is suitable for all kinds of hair types. It does not cause any kind of damage to the scalp or hair, whatever your skin type is.
- Hibiscus makes hair stronger and robust, right from the roots.
- Hibiscus also acts as a conditioner for hair. It nourishes the hair and offers a good bounce.
The primary advantage of hibiscus is that it can be used in various forms – as a hair oil, as a shampoo or as a conditioner and even as a hair mask. It will keep providing sufficient nourishment to your hair. Though you can avail these products in the market, we are providing you few simple recipes by which you can directly use hibiscus flowers and leaves for your hair care. Instead of buying ready-made beauty products, you can make natural hair care products at home and use it directly. Thus, you can avoid application of chemicals contained in the hair products that you buy from the market.
Hibiscus Benefits for Hair Treatment
1. Hibiscus Shampoo
Please note that you need to prepare this shampoo at least one or two days in advance. Don’t try to store the shampoo for days or weeks because the nutrients in it will get lost over a passage of time. For preparing hibiscus shampoo, you need hibiscus flowers, leaves, and reetha. Reetha is known as soapnut in English.
- Take 4-5 cups of water in a vessel and heat it.
- Add half to one cup of hibiscus flowers and leaves into the warm water. Put reetha into it. You can add only outside cover of reetha. Reetha is also a natural conditioner and it offers moisture to your hair.
- Keep boiling the water till it becomes thick just like a shampoo. Let it cool down to normal temperature.
- Mash the solution and strain it.
- This solution is nothing but hibiscus benefits for hair as shampoo that can be used for cleansing your hair. You can keep this shampoo in your refrigerator and apply it twice or thrice.
Though it takes efforts to prepare this DIY shampoo at home, one can easily experience the best results in the form of hair growth and nourishment.
2. Hibiscus Hair Oil
Generally, the only oil we apply to our hair is coconut oil. Nowadays, olive oil and almond oil is also used generously by the people for hair growth. However, hibiscus oil also provides higher levels of nourishment to your hair. One can prepare hibiscus oil at home with little patience and care.
- Heat the 8-10 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan.
- Add a half cup of hibiscus leaves and flowers into it. As soon as the liquid turns reddish in color, turn the gas off and allow it to cool.
- Mix the hibiscus content with a masher and strain the solution. You have got a wonderful hibiscus oil for your hair spa at home!
3. Hibiscus Hair Conditioner
Preparing hibiscus conditioner is very simple and easy. You just need few hibiscus leaves and flowers for it. Warm one cup of water and put hibiscus leaves and flowers into it. Boil the mixture for few minutes and allot it to cool. Mash the flowers and leaves and strain the solution. You will notice that the solution has become reddish in color. You can use this as a conditioner for your after shampooing with a regular shampoo. The conditioning agents in hibiscus will give natural shine and luster to your hair in less time. If your hair is dry and frizzy, then hibiscus conditioner will make it smooth and shiny.
4. Hibiscus or Gudhal Benefits For Hair as Hair Packs
A hair pack is applied on the hair for 15-20 minutes and later, washed off with warm water and a shampoo. A hair pack containing useful natural ingredients boosts hair growth, reduces dandruff, prevent premature aging and provides suitable nourishment to the hair. A hair pack containing hibiscus leaves and flowers is beneficial for improving the health of the hair.
For preparing hibiscus hair pack, you need to grind 8-10 hibiscus flowers and a full cup of hibiscus leaves. Allow the mixture to dry for some time. Mix it with your favourite oil such as coconut oil or olive oil and apply it on the hair. Leave on the hair for at least half an hour and wash it off with a good shampoo and a conditioner. This hair pack also works like a home spa treatment. You can warm the oil for better results.
We bring for you top 5 homemade masks for dry hair, dull hair, damaged hair. Try these out…
Hibiscus and Other Natural Ingredients
If hibiscus is blended with other natural ingredients such as almonds, ginger, henna leaves, amla (gooseberry), then your hair will receive maximum nutrients from all these substances.
- If you are experiencing severe hair fall, then you should use ginger along with hibiscus flowers and leaves in the form of oil or hair pack. Your hair fall problem with the decline in a few applications.
- Amla is rich in Vitamin C content and hence, can be mixed with hibiscus to form oils or shampoos. It offers tremendous growth and shines to your hair.
- As hibiscus also has hair dyeing properties, you can mix it with henna leaves. When you dye your hair naturally, the hibiscus will add color to your hair along with its nourishing elements. Henna makes your hair little dry. This dryness will be prevented by the moisturizing properties of hibiscus flowers and leaves contained in the dye pack.
- If you always long for thick and long hair, then hibiscus can be mixed with curry leaves to form hair packs. Curry leaves also are fortified with hair growth properties, contributing to your thick hair.
- Thus, hibiscus comprised of essential nutrients plays an important role in our hair growth. One can prepare simple and easy hair recipes using hibiscus flowers and leaves. It is the ultimate solution for all your hair problems such as hair fall, dandruff, aging and shine.
If you do not have adequate time to prepare these hair recipes, then one can compromise a bit and go for over-the-counter hibiscus products. However, it is advisable to start using hibiscus in your regular hair regime to derive optimum hibiscus benefits for hair out of it.