Table of Contents Hide
- Nutritional Value Of Potatoes
- Is Potato Juice Good For Hair Growth?
- How To Prepare Potato Juice?
- Uses Of Potato Juice For Hair Growth
- People Ask For
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
With the growing time, everyone’s facing hair problems due to many factors such as food, pollution, water etc., which leads to stress and also a reason for losing your self-confidence too. Want a stunning hair growth with the natural ingredient? Yup, you are on the right path to encourage your hair growth.
Have you ever used potatoes for hair? Certainly, potatoes are rich in vitamins that enhance hair growth and also treats hair problems. Potato juice for hair is the right choice to promote hair growth without any chemicals causing side effects and it is cost effective too!
Nutritional Value Of Potatoes
- Carbohydrates – 20.13 gm
- Thiamin – 0.106 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.02 mg
- Niacin – 1.44 mg
- Iron – 0.31 mg
- Phosphorous – 44 mg
- Vitamin C – 13 mg
- Protein – 1.87 gm
- Fat – 0.1 gm
- Fiber – 1.8 gm
- Calcium – 5 mg
- Potassium – 379 mg
Is Potato Juice Good For Hair Growth?
- Potatoes promote hair growth by removing any accumulated particle in the hair follicles which cleanses the scalp.
- Vitamins and iron in the potato enhance hair growth and also nourishes hair follicles.
- Potatoes also treat dandruff and prevent hair fall by cleansing the scalp.
- Potatoes also prevent greying and give you dark colored hair.
- Potato juice conditions your hair, improve the texture and presents you with shiny hair.
- Potato juice also prevents dryness and split ends.
How To Prepare Potato Juice?
To enhance your hair growth, go for potato hair mask. It involves preparing potato juice. Potato juice preparation is simple and it doesn’t require much time.
- Take one medium-sized potato and peel off the skin.
- Now grate the potato using a grater.
- Place filter over a bowl and squeeze the grated potatoes in the filter.
- Pure potato juice gets collected in the bowl.
- Instead of grating the potatoes, you can also grind the potatoes in a blender and filter it.
Uses Of Potato Juice For Hair Growth
Potato juice can be combined with other ingredients to get an effective result regarding hair growth and to settle down the hair problems. This juice has a wide array of uses that many are not aware of it, come let’s have a look one by one in detail.
1. As Oil
Potato juice along with almonds, spinach juice, peppermint oil can be used to prepare hair oil. This oil nourishes your hair and strengthens it.
- Almonds – Nourishes hair, moistures scalp and removes dryness, softens and promotes hair growth.
- Pepper Mint Oil – Increases the blood circulation around the scalp, feeding the nutrients into the hair follicles thus increasing the hair growth.
- Spinach Juice – It is enriched with various vitamins, minerals, and iron which promotes shine and growth of the hair. It also treats itchy scalp.
Preparation Of Hair Oil
- Prepare potato juice as mentioned above and make it ready.
- Grind the almonds and peppermint oil in a blender to a fine paste.
- Add one teaspoon of potato juice and spinach juice.
- Now warm it in a medium or sim flame.
- Apply this warm oil and massage into the scalp for 10 min.
- Take steam with a steamer for 5 min.
- Instead of taking steam, you can cover your head with a warm towel for 14 min.
- Rinse with normal water using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure once a week for better results.
2. Massage Cream
Massaging is one of the most important steps for hair growth. Massaging improves the blood circulation over your hair follicles and supplies oxygen, improving the hair growth. You can prepare massage cream with potato juice, tomatoes, and shea butter.
- Tomato-Rich in vitamins and iron. It repairs the damaged hair, adds shines and kicks out dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Shea Butter – Strengthens your hair from its root follicle. It softens your hair, protects your hair from pollutants and UV rays. It treats not only dry scalp but also the oily scalp.
- Prepare tomato puree and keep it aside.
- Also, prepare potato juice.
- Mix 4 spoon of potato juice and 2 spoons of tomato puree in a bowl.
- Now add half spoon of shea butter and mix well to a fine paste.
- You can go for molten shea butter to a better blending of the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on a wet scalp and massage for 30 minutes.
- Have a hair wash in cold water.
- Repeat once a week to get silky and glowing hair.
3. Hair Tonic
Hair tonic makes your hair stronger and gets rid of follicular problems. Potato juice is used for preparing hair tonic along with chamomile juice and almond oil.
Chamomile juice – Rich in anti-oxidants activates collagen which moistures salp. It eliminates dandruff, soothes the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Take one tablespoon of potato juice in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of almond oil and chamomile juice.
- Mix it well to get a hair tonic.
- Apply it over the dry scalp and leave for 2 hours.
- Then rinse with plain water to have an improved hair growth.
4. Used as a Conditioner
Why do you need a conditioner? Conditioners usually applied after shampooing. Shampoos usually remove grime and open up the hair cuticles and make your hair dry and brittle. Whereas conditioners seals and locks up the nutrients in hair, preventing dryness and moisturizes your hair, finally gives you a nice texture.
Use potato juice, lemon juice, aloe vera pulp, and honey for a conditioner.
- Lemon Juice – Helps for dandruff, stimulates re-growth, reduces oil production in your scalp, reduces hair loss and stimulates the hair growth by boosting the collagen production.
- Honey – Is a perfect hair conditioner. It retains moisture and presents you with a smooth and shiny hair.
- Aloe Vera – Promotes hair growth and also prevents itching in your scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
Procedure For Preparing Hair Conditioner
- Take one tablespoon of potato juice in a cup.
- Add half spoon of lemon juice and half spoon of honey into it.
- Prepare aloe vera juice by grinding the aloe vera pulp with water in a blender.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply it over the scalp and hair from root to tip.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse with water to get a moisture and shiny hair.
5. Potato Hair Mask
Hair growth mask nourishes your hair and also conditions it, gives you a soft and silky hair. It reduces hair loss and repairs the damaged hair. Combination of potato juice, henna, and egg white is a perfect ingredient for a hair mask.
- Egg White – High in protein and vitamins which promotes hair growth and renewal. Conditions your hair and moistures dry and brittle hair.
- Henna – Covers grey and removes dandruff, unclogs pores, removes excess oil and strengthens hair.
How To Prepare Hair Mask Using Potato Juice?
- Take potato juice in a bowl and add egg white into the potato juice in the ratio of 3:1.
- Also, add a spoon of henna powder to this mixture and mix well to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to the scalp and also over the hair strands.
- Leave it for 30 min and rinse with normal water.
- Use it twice a week to get rid of dandruff and brittle hair.
6. Potato Juice Hair Mask With Onion For Baldness
Potato juice hair mask is an effective one for hair growth. Combination of onion and potato juice for hair mask is effective in treating the baldness. You can also add an egg and honey with this mixture for an added effect. But plain potato juice for baldness is not that much efficacious when compared with the above-mentioned hair growth mask.
Onion Juice – Loaded with sulphur, stimulates rapid hair growth, reduces hair fall and strengthens hair roots.
- Blend one onion and a potato in a blender.
- Filter only the juice and place it in a bowl.
- Add one egg and a tablespoon of honey to this and mix well.
- Apply this mixture over the scalp and to the hair.
- Rinse after 30 minutes and repeat it twice in a week for better results.
Apart from the above-mentioned uses, potato juice is also used as a scalp exfoliator, hairspray for hair growth and also as a night serum for hair. All these procedures of potato juice act as a good remedy for hair growth and treat the hair problems.
People Ask For
1. Can we use plain potato juice before shampooing?
Ans. – Yes, you can use it. But the combination of other natural ingredients gives you an added effect.
2. Is there any side effect of using potato juice?
Ans. – There is no side effect of using the potato juice for hair growth. But use it in the recommended proportions at particular intervals.
3. Shall we refrigerate the potato juice for storage purpose?
Ans. – Yes, you can store it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
The benefits of potato juice for hair are enormous. Knowing its uses, don’t wait; just go for the potato juice to improve your hair growth and texture. Hope this article is beneficial and also encloses an economical procedure which stimulates hair growth and presents you with a dense and glassy hair.