Quick Benefits Of Onion Juice
- Onion juice helps in the improvement of digestion in the body.
- It helps in naturally protecting your health from different kind of allergies.
- Onion juice is said to be the best remedy for treating respiratory issues and cold effectively.
- Onion juice is helpful in maintaining the health of the bones and prevents from excess loss of the bones.
- It comes with all the required nutrients and elements that promote hair growth.
- Onion juice also works well on the glucose levels of the body and reduces the blood sugar levels.
- In the list of ingredients for fighting against cancer, onion juice plays a vital role.
- Helpful for your mouth to reduce the chances of getting oral infections.
Is It True That Onion Juice Is Beneficial For Hair Growth?
Long, cavernous, and glistening hair is the desire of every woman. But do all have it? 7 out of 10 women are looking for different ways for getting such hair. And for obtaining such hair, they look for costly hair oils, shampoos, serums, conditioners, and whatnot. But did you know! You can now get such flawless hair with the help of a natural ingredient? Have you ever tried onion juice for hair?
Onion is a common kitchen ingredient which is used in nearly every cuisine to enhance its taste. It has a number of health benefits too. Similarly, onion juice is much helpful a number of hair problems also. Due to several reasons, hair loss has become a common hair problem. This includes both baldness, bald patches and also thinning of hair. For some, the reason behind hair fall is hormonal changes or even androgenetic alopecia. No matter whatever is the reason behind your hair fall, onion juice is the best natural remedy that would promote hair growth.
Onion for hair growth is quite rich in nutrients and elements like sulfur, polyphenols, ally sulfides, methylsulfonylmethane, and many more that aid in the growth and development of the hair. Onion works similar to the keratin for hair which aids in the overall health of hair. Onion juice helps in hair problems like alopecia, dry and itchy scalp, hair loss, dandruff, brittle hair, thinning of hair, scalp infection, graying of hair, etc.
How Is Onion Juice For Hair Growth Beneficial?
No doubt, onion juice or say onion comes with that weird smell, it is still beneficial, cheapest and natural way to deal with various hair problems. Let’s check out some of the vital ways’ onion juice helps in treating hair issues.
1. Improves Blood Circulation
One of the reasons for hair loss and other hair issues is the lack of required blood circulation to the scalp. Onion juice for hair growth contains elements like Sulphur, enzyme catalyst, antioxidant and many more that activate the blood circulation to the scalp that nourishes the scalp and the hair follicles too. In this way, when required blood reaches the scalp, it encourages hair growth and shining hair as it deals with the reasons of hair loss like fungal infections, yeast infections, dandruff, etc. It also provides the required volume to the hair.
2. Fights Against Redness And Itchiness
Again, as onion for hair growth contains active elements like antibacterial and antifungal that help in reducing the redness and itchiness of the scalp. Both the reasons are also important to be looked after, as they can also lead to hair loss as it hinders the growth of hair. The presence of antioxidants would also work on limiting premature hair greying which also promotes hair growth. The properties it provides to the hair also helps in fighting against hair issues like dandruff, lice, bacterial infections, etc.
3. Reduces Breaking Of Hair
Onion juice for hair is also popular for reducing the breaking of hair as it provides the required amount of Sulphur to the scalp. Due to various reasons like environmental issues, dandruff, damage to the hair follicles, etc. the hair is either going to break or become thin. Using onion juice on regular basis would help in reducing the breaking of hair by promoting hair growth in the healthy state. It promotes strong and thick hair by providing total nourishment to the hair, scalp and follicles.
Henceforth, onion juice for hair growth provides complete nourishment to not only the hair and scalp but to the follicles too that promote hair growth in a healthy way. With regular usage of onion oil, one can surely get amazing results soon.
How Can I Make Onion Juice At Home?
Making onion juice is quite simple and easy. With some particular steps, you can make this wonderful and magical juice at your home. Here is how you can do so.
- Take around big onions.
- Cut them into parts each.
- Take a blender or juicer and blend the cut pieces of onion.
- Add some water to blended juice and filter it using a cloth, preferably muslin.
Just four simple steps and your juice is ready to use. The juice can also be stored in the refrigerator, however, using fresh juice is widely recommended.
How Can I Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth?
For using onion juice on your hair and scalp, follow the steps below:
- Take the onion juice in a bowl and apply the juice thoroughly on the scalp.
- Use your fingertips and gently massage the juice on the scalp in a circular motion.
- Tie your hair and allow the juice to work for approximately an hour.
- Wash off your hair using a natural or mild shampoo.
- Use a shampoo with some good fragrance that helps in dealing with onion smell.
- You can also use some mild conditioner for deep nourishment.
- Carry-out this Process twice a week for quick results.
Can I Use Onion With Other Ingredients To Make A Nourishing Pack?
Yes, you can add other natural ingredients to the onion juice for hair to make it more helpful. Some other ingredients that can be added to onion juice include honey, olive oil, curry leaves, essential oils, yogurt, etc. Here are some effective hair packs with onion juice you can try at your home.
1. Curry Leaves And Onion Hair Mask
Are you looking for a hair mask for strengthening your hair, and also preventing them from premature greying? Onion and curry leaves would make the best pack. Here is how you can make the pack and use it.
- Take some curry leaves and blend them into a fine paste.
- Add around 2 tbsp onion juice to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the pack to the hair and rest for an hour.
- Wash away the pack using a mild shampoo.
2. Olive Oil And Onion Juice Hair Massage
Olive oil massage is much beneficial for nourishing the hair and the scalp, and when onion juice for hair is added to it, bonus properties like anti-dandruff gets automatically added to the oil massage. Here is how you can carry out the massage.
- Take 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsp of onion juice.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage the combination on your scalp in circular movements.
- Let the mixture rest on the scalp for 2 hours.
- Wash away with a mild shampoo for dandruff free and stronger hair.
3. Honey And Onion Juice Hair Pack
Honey helps in strengthening the hair from the follicles and protects the scalp from any kind of infections, psoriasis, eczema and dandruff. When it is combined with onion juice it would also add another benefit of hair growth. Here is how you can use this pack for maximum benefits.
- Take 1 tbsp of honey and quarter cup of onion juice in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Apply the pack on the scalp and also cover the roots of the hair.
- Let the pack rest on the scalp for 30 minutes.
- Wash off using a mild shampoo and cold water.
4. Onion Oil And Yogurt Hair Pack
This combination of yogurt and onion for hair growth makes the hair stronger and also promotes hair growth. Here is how you can help your hair and scalp with this pack.
- Take a bowl and add fresh onion juice and 2 tbsp of yogurt in it.
- Mix well and apply the pack to the hair using your fingertips.
- Allow the pack to rest for an hour.
- Wash off using normal water and some mild shampoo.
Hence, in this way, you can protect your hair from any kind of hair damages. Carrying out the process minimum 2 times a week would surely bring out various benefits to the hair giving them a strong, shining, volumized and long texture.
What Precautions Should I Look After While Using Onion Juice For Hair?
No doubt, onion is helpful for the healthy growth and development of the hair, there are still some precautions you need to look after while using it.
- Use a muslin cloth for filtering the onion juice as the onion flakes should be not used in the juice used for hair.
- Make sure you use any of the mild shampoos with good fragrance to wash off your hair after using onion juice on it.
- Other ingredients to the onion juice for increasing the benefits include apple cider vinegar, garlic, etc.
- If the smell of onion is not bearable you can add a few drops of lemon, essential oil or rose essential oil to deal with the smell.
- If you are allergic to onions, avoid using onion juice too as it can lead to allergic reactions.
- It is better not to go for overnight using of onion juice for better results. Use if for a minimum half hour or 2 hours only.
- Avoid using stored onion juice and get fresh only.
Again, there are no side effects of using onion juice for hair, yet it is recommended to go for a patch test to avoid any kind of allergic reactions.
So, are you ready to look after the growth and development of your hair? Try onion juice and don’t forget to write your comments and suggestions too.
Read Next – Health Benefits of Onions That You MUST Know!