Who doesn’t dream of the perfect hair ever? Almost every one of us who don’t have those kinds of hair has tried a number of shampoo and conditioners to nourish the hair. But what is true is true. Nothing is as pure and safe as the natural means of treatments. For damaged hair, the egg hair masks can prove to be the most effective ones. An egg is the best source of protein and the hair is nothing but protein. Therefore, the way an egg hair mask nourishes the hair is beyond compare.
Here are some of the best egg hair masks you can use to repair damaged hair and promote hair growth.
Homemade Egg Hair Mask
1. Lemon And Egg Hair Mask
This is one of the best hair masks to treat oily hair problems. The egg is rich in protein and fat and the lemon juice being a fixer, the hair will be locked with moisture for a very long time. Here is how you can make this simple hair mask at home.
- Egg: 1
- Egg white: from 1 egg
- Lemon juice: 2-3 drops (fresh)
- Shower cap: 1
- Take a bowl and pour take some egg whites into it. The egg white may be from 1 egg or 2-3 eggs depending upon the length of your hair.
- After adding lemon to it, beat the mixture to remove any froths. To make the egg’s smell more pleasant, add a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the egg and beat them until frothy.
- Now cover all of your hair and head with this hair mask. Make sure to cover the whole of the scalp area.
- Now let this mask sit on your head and hair for about 20 minutes.
Time- 20 minutes-
- After 20 minutes, wash off your hair with the help of a good shampoo.
2. Egg And Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Coconut oil and egg have been long known to be the best fixers of damaged hair. Both of them are comprised of the best nutrients such as minerals and vitamins and proteins that are required to treat the hair against the damage. Here is how you can make this simple hair mask.
- Egg whites: from 1-2 eggs
- Honey: 1-2 tsp
- Coconut oil: 1 tsp
- Lavender oil: 2-3 drops
- Take the egg whites from 2-3 eggs in a bowl.
- To this, add honey and coconut oil and mix well to get a smooth paste.
- Also, add 2-3 drops of lavender oil for a nicer smell.
- Now apply this hair mask all over your hair and scalp. Make sure to cover it nicely.
- Take a shower cap and let it sit on for about 15 minutes.
Time- 15 minutes-
- After about 15-20 minutes, wash off the hair mask with a shampoo.
3. Egg And Banana Hair Mask
Banana and eggs are excellent contributors when treating damaged hair. These ingredients are easily available and very effective for hair growth. These will also hydrate dry hair and prevent breakage. Here is how you can make this DIY egg hair mask.
- Egg whites: from 2 eggs
- Ripe banana: 1
- Milk: 1 cup
- Take the egg whites from 2 to 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Now take a banana and mash it into the bowl with the egg whites and mix properly to make a paste.
- Now add 1 cup of milk to this bowl and blend properly to make a smooth paste.
- The egg hair mask is ready to use. Apply this mask all over your hair and scalp and let it sit there for some time.
Time- 30 minutes-
- After about 30 minutes, you can wash off the hair mask using a good shampoo.
4. Egg And Curd + Gram Flour Hair Mask
The curd is very beneficial for hair since it provides extreme moisture and conditioning when used directly on the hair. The egg protein will strengthen the hair and prevent damage. This hair mask is best for dry hair types. Here is the procedure to make this hair mask at home.
- Egg: 1
- Gram flour: 2 tsp
- Curd: 3 – 4 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Take one whole egg in a bowl and beat it properly.
- Now, add gram flour to this and whish properly.
- Now add curd and lemon juice as well and mix the whole thing properly.
- The hair mask is now ready. Apply this to your scalp and hair from root to tip.
- Let this sit on your head for some time.
Time- 45 minutes-
- After about 45 minutes, wash off the hair mask using a shampoo.
5. Egg-Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive oils are comprised of fatty acids which are very good for the hair. For damaged hair, olive oil hair masks provide the maximum moisture and help in repairing them sooner. When combined with egg, the effect is sure to get doubled. This is the best hair mask to treat dry hair. Here is how you can prepare this very effective hair mask right at your home.
- Egg yolk: from 1 egg
- Olive oil: 1 to 2 tsp
- Shower cap
- Collect one egg yolk inside a bowl.
- Now add 1 – 2 tsp of olive oil into this egg yolk and whisk it properly. Make a creamy smooth paste.
- Now apply this paste on your hair and scalp properly and leave it on for some time. Try using a comb to comb your hair after applying this hair mask so that all of it is distributed properly over your head.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair and leave the hair mask on for some time.
Time- 20 minutes-
- After about 20 minutes, wash the hair mask off and shampoo your hair properly.
6. Egg And Olive Oil Hair Mask (Oily Hair)
This hair mask will use egg whites instead of egg yolk. Using egg whites with olive oil is the best way to treat oily hair and get rid of excess oil on the head. This hair mask will make your hair soft and shiny. Here’s is the procedure you can follow to treat your oily hair using this hair mask.
- Egg whites: from 1 to 2 eggs
- Olive oil: 1 to 2 tsp
- Shower cap
- To start with, take the egg white from 1 or 2 eggs into a bowl.
- To this bowl, add 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil and whish the whole thing properly to make a smooth and creamy paste.
- Now apply this hair mask on your hair and scalp region completely.
- Use a comb to comb your hair after applying this mixture. This will evenly distribute the olive oil all over your scalp and hair strands.
- Now let it sit on your hair for some time. Wear a shower cap to avoid contact with anything.
Time- 20 minutes-
- After about 20 minutes, rinse your hair with the help of a good quality shampoo. Use cold water while washing your hair.
7. Egg And Vinegar Hair Mask
The addition of vinegar into an egg hair mask helps in getting rid of the dandruff problems. Also, vinegar works towards cleaning your hair properly. The action of egg and olive oil will smoothen out your hair. Your hair will be hydrated like never before. Here’s how you can prepare this hair mask at home.
- Egg: 1 full
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Take 1 full egg in a bowl and beat it to perfection.
- To this bowl, add 1 tsp of vinegar and 1 tsp of olive oil. Mix the complete mixture to make a smooth hair mask.
- Apply this hair mask on your head using your hands. Massage it properly over the scalp and use a comb to spread it all over.
- Let it sit on for some time.
Time- 45 Minutes-
- After about 45 minutes, use a good quality shampoo to wash off the hair mask. Use cold water while washing your hair.
8. Avocado And Egg Hair Mask
Avocadoes are known to contain healthy fats. These healthy fats are beneficial to maintain a good hair health. When combined with the goodness of eggs, this forms up to be one of the best hair masks to give you long and silky-smooth hair. Here’s how you can make this hair mask at home.
- Eggs: 2 full
- Avocado: 1 fruit.
- Take a bowl and break in one egg into this bowl and whisk it properly.
- Take the pulp of 1 avocado and mash it into the bowl with the egg.
- Mix it properly to make a smooth hair mask.
- Now apply this hair mask on your hair nicely, covering all the scalp and the hair strands.
- Leave it on for some time.
- After about 20 minutes, wash off the hair mask and shampoo your hair nicely.
So, these were some of the best egg hair masks to treat damaged hair. Try these out for yourself today and make your hair strong, healthy and lustrous!
If you loved our tips about hair care then please share your views in the comments section below. Also please don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media.
Have a healthy and shiny hair… bye!