Amazing Egg Benefits for Hair and Effective Egg Hair Mask !
Egg is a rich source of protein and there are several egg benefits for hair. Have you ever thought why it is asked to eat eggs regularly? Well, eggs balance the protein levels in the body and essentially contribute to the growth of hair.
Eggs are considered to be a whole food. The albumin and yolk both are very effective for hair. Applying egg at least once in a week strengthens the hair and keeps it healthy. Hair needs protein and eggs have it in abundance. Hence eggs are considered to be beneficial for the hair. Hence, we will discuss here egg benefits for hair.
The egg white and the yolk both are beneficial for different hair types.
- The egg white benefit for hair is that it helps to control the excess oil in scalp and hair. Therefore, in a case of oily or very oily hair always apply the albumin portion of the egg on the hair.
- If you have dry hair, then apply the yolk or yolk along with albumin or add the egg yolk to your hair mask.
Egg Benefits for Hair
1. Prevents Dandruff
Eggs moisturize the scalp deeply and prevent dandruff. Dandruff is a common problem and mostly occurs if the scalp is very dry. Applying egg hair mask once in a week can prevent dandruff.
2. Egg Benefits for Hair Growth
A common question that we all have in mind is : Do eggs make your hair grow? Eggs promote hair growth for all hair types. It is rich in protein which is an essential element required for hair growth.
3. Conditions The Hair
Eggs are natural conditioners and it deeply conditions the hair. They also provide shine to the hair and your hair looks great. Also, it makes your hair silky and smooth.
4. Adds Volume to Hair
Eggs provide volume to the hair and make your hair feel light and bouncy. Apply eggs for hair volume and get bouncy locks.
5. Moisturizes The Hair
The yolk of the egg deeply moisturizes the hair and retains essential oils. If you have very dry and frizzy hair then applying yolk is the best solution.
Different Egg Hair Mask for Hair
1. Hair Growth Mask
- Break one or two whole egg in a container, depending on the length of hair.
- Add a teaspoon of castor oil and olive oil each to the eggs and beat the mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mix on the hair and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse with a gentle mild shampoo and use only cold water to wash the hair.
- Warm the castor oil slightly and add to the mix. As it is viscous in nature, warming the oil slightly reduces its consistency. However, do not heat the oil and add to eggs as it heat will form lumps in the egg.
- Always remember to wash off any egg hair mask with cold water. Hot water may create lumps in the mask.
2. Hair Mask for Dry Hair
- Coconut oil
- Beat one egg along with honey to form a smooth mix.
- Add few drops of coconut oil to the mix and beat it again.
- Apply the mix on the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off using a mild shampoo.
Coconut oil deeply nourishes the hair thereby preventing dryness. Honey moisturizes the hair naturally and helps to retain the essential oils. Egg prevents dry and frizzy hair.
- If you have very dry hair, then apply warm coconut oil on the hair, the night before, and let it stay overnight.
- You can also mix one or two yolks of the egg in the mask and apply the same to prevent dryness of hair.
3. Hair Mask for Oily Hair
- Break an egg and collect the albumin portion of the egg in a container.
- Beat the albumin continuously till it becomes fluffy.
- Add 2 big tablespoon of curd and a tablespoon of lemon juice to the mix.
- Stir well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the hair and leave it for an hour.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.
Curd along with lemon and egg is excellent for oily hair. Albumin controls the secretion of excess oil on the hair and hence this is the ideal masks for oily hair.
- If your hair is too oily, you can add a teaspoon of gram flour to this mix and apply the mask on the hair. It will control excess oiliness in the hair.
4. Hair Mask for Dandruff
- Beat one whole egg in a container.
- Add few drops of vinegar and a tablespoon of lemon to the egg.
- Stir well and apply the mix on the scalp.
- Leave it for an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Follow the process two times in a week to reduce dandruff in the hair.
Dandruff is a result of dirt accumulated in the scalp. Also, very dry scalp results in dandruff. This hair mask can reduce dandruff significantly. Vinegar and lemon are sour in nature which prevents dandruff formation in the hair.
- In a case of acute dandruff problem, you can also add curd to the hair mask and apply it on the scalp and hair.
- If you are having dandruff from a long time then Indian lilac(Neem) paste is ideal or you can use Neem oil on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of dandruff in hair.
5. Hair Mask for Conditioning of Hair
- Henna powder
- Coconut oil
- Soak Henna powder in water overnight.
- Break one full egg into the mix along with a tablespoon of curd and lemon juice.
- Add few drops of coconut oil and mix well to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash off using a mild shampoo.
This hair mask conditions the hair naturally. It also cleanses the scalp. It is a complete pack in itself. Curd helps to clean the scalp, lemon prevents dandruff, Henna and egg are natural conditioners and deeply conditions the hair. Coconut oil prevents excessive dryness.
- Henna powder can also be used as a colouring agent. If you keep Heena in your hair for 2-3 hours it acts as a natural colouring agent, giving a beautiful burgundy tint to the hair.
- To colour the hair, it is always better to soak the Henna powder in an Iron vessel.
- On the other hand, applying henna and keeping it for 30 minutes will act like a conditioner.
We have discussed the various egg benefits for hair and how it can be used in hair masks. Apart from applying eggs, you can add them to your diet as well which meets the protein content of the body. If you are healthy inside, the same will reflect on the hair and skin.
Hope you found this “Egg Benefits for Hair” article useful. In a case of any suggestion or feedback, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.