Table of Contents Hide
- 7 Homemade Hair Masks
- 1. Hair Mask Using Clarified Butter or Ghee & Hibiscus Flower
- 2. Hair Mask Using Coconut, Tulsi and Corn Hair Mask for Dull & Damaged Hair
- 3. Henna, Amla and Hibiscus Homemade Hair Mask for Shiny Hair
- 4. Homemade Hair Mask Using Mehendi, Green Tea and Lemon for Silky Hair
- 5. Amla, Reetha and Shikakai Herbal Hair Mask
- 6. Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil Hair Mask for Soft and Shiny Hair
- 7. Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth), Rice Flour Milk, and Egg Mask
- Related to this topic
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Long lustrous, shiny, well nourished and conditioned soft hair, through which fingers just slide like butter, yet strong and unbreakable hair is every girl’s dream. Want to know the ways to make this dream come true? You can achieve this with Homemade hair masks!
It is an effort totally worth taking when it comes to giving a try for DIY Homemade hair masks for Silky, Conditioned and Nourished hair. The market today is flooded with products that use a wide and attractive set of words to attract customers, for using their hair care and styling products. But we all know that the latest products available contain harsh chemicals that are totally harmful and damaging to natural hair.
Such a scenario totally calls for Homemade Hair masks that are completely organic natural, non-harmful, effective, safe, easy, and most of the times pocket-friendly too! DIY Homemade deep conditioning hair mask and hair mask recipes to achieve silky and shiny locks are secrets that need to be unravelled. Surprising as it may seem, all these secrets of DIY hair masks and homemade hair masks recipes are locked in a very important part of your house – The Kitchen!
You will love to read Natural homemade aloe vera recipes for complete hair care.
So ladies! Let’s open up the Kitchen Pantry and play along with readily available ingredients to create some amazing homemade hair masks recipes and deep conditioning hair masks.
7 Homemade Hair Masks
1. Hair Mask Using Clarified Butter or Ghee & Hibiscus Flower
Yes! You heard it right! Apart from adding taste to your dishes it also serves the crucial purpose of deep conditioning and giving the much-needed strength. Clarified butter or ghee can give extremely healthy and nourished hair.
- Take some Clarified Butter in a bowl.
- Add 2-3 fresh hibiscus flowers and bring the ghee to a high temperature and heat it well so as to help the flower to release its essence and oils.
- Massage your hair with this Hibiscus enriched warm clarified butter. Keep it overnight.
- Rinse it our properly the next morning with lukewarm water.
2. Hair Mask Using Coconut, Tulsi and Corn Hair Mask for Dull & Damaged Hair
Coconut is one of the most widely known ingredients for deep nourishing of hair and Tulsi is widely acclaimed for its herbal and medicinal properties. A well-nourished, healthy and bacteria free scalp is the basis of deep condition to begin. The health of your scalp influences the health of your hair. Easy DIY homemade hair masks can be made using the two.
- Take 1-2 bunches of Tulsi leaves.
- Wash them and make a Tulsi paste. Transfer it into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of Coconut oil to the bowl of Tulsi paste
- Now take 1/2 cup of corn kernels and dry roast them in a pan for 5 minutes. This will help the corn to release its essential oils. Now make a paste of these too.
- Mix the 3 things well and apply it deep and well into your scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour and follow with a shampoo.
3. Henna, Amla and Hibiscus Homemade Hair Mask for Shiny Hair
The goodness of Amla for hair is very well known to all of us. Henna is also a time-tested gift of nature known for its deep conditioning. A simple DIY Homemade mask for your hair can be easily made out of it. Natural vitamins in orange peel and the softening agents of fenugreek make it one of the most effective packs ever!
- Take 2 cups of Henna powder (Mehendi) and add 1 cup of Amla powder.
- Take a bunch of Hibiscus flowers and wash them thoroughly. Dry them in the sun and make a powder out of it.
- Add two tablespoons of Hibiscus powder to the mix
- Sun dry orange peels and grind them to make a powder.
- Take a cup of fenugreek seeds and grind them too
- Add a tablespoon of both the powders into the mix and add water till you get a mask like consistency
- Apply this to your scalp till the entire length of your hair and keep it for at least 1 hour.
4. Homemade Hair Mask Using Mehendi, Green Tea and Lemon for Silky Hair
Green tea is famous for its numerous health benefits, but it is also an effective conditioner for hair. Anti-oxidants in the green tea also add strength to hair. It softens the hair strands and enhances hair elasticity to prevent breakage. Lemon is yet another useful hair conditioner that provides a soft and silky texture to the hair. The combination of henna (Mehendi), green tea, and lemon makes for an absolutely amazing homemade hair mask for deep conditioning.
- Take about a cup of henna Brew some green tea. Let the tea cool down to room temperature.
- Take a pan made of natural iron. Soak the henna powder in the iron pan along with the brewed green tea. Let the mix rest overnight.
- Next morning, adds the juice of half a lemon and mix well. Dissolve any lumps if present.
- Apply this mask well to hair completely and keep it for a minimum 3 hours for all the nutrients to get well absorbed in every strand of your hair.
- Wash the mask out with water followed by a mild shampoo.
5. Amla, Reetha and Shikakai Herbal Hair Mask
Amla often referred to as the Indian Gooseberry is one of the most widely used ingredients for the strengthening of hair roots. Reetha or Soapnut is a natural cleanser and softening agent. It’s the most naturally available surfactant i.e. foaming and cleansing agent. Shikakai is a storehouse of vitamin C &Vitamin D helps in detangling and promotes the growth of hair follicles. A hair mask made out of these 3 wonders of nature helps in providing naturally available essential nutrients to the hair.
These ingredients are easily available in the market in the form of dry herbs.
- Take 100 grams of Reetha, 100 grams of Shikakai, and 50 grams of Amla.
- Dry grind these herbs into a powder.
- Add water to the mix till you achieve a desired mask-like consistency.
- Apply the mask on your scalp and hair and keep it for at least 2 hours, for better absorption.
- Wash this mask with cold water.
- Shampoo your hair the next day as Reetha in itself works like a mini cleanser.
You will definitely see a major change in the texture of your hair. To achieve better results, use this homemade hair mask recipe once every week.
A must read the article How to Take Care of Thin Hair?
6. Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil Hair Mask for Soft and Shiny Hair
Jojoba oil is very light weight naturally enriched oil that is extremely helpful in deep nourishing and conditioning of the scalp and it serves this purpose without being greasy and sticky. Almond oil helps in natural restoration of nutrients of hair and is quick in absorption. A small quantity has great results. Olive Oil also has been used for centuries to soften and condition hair. Castor Oil also is a proven boon for people who wish for naturally soft and shiny hair.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Jojoba Oil and Almond Oil and 1 tablespoon of Castor Oil and Olive Oil.
- Heat this mix of Oils to a lukewarm temperature.
- Massage this oil mix well and deep into your scalp and with your fingertips.
- Your roots will receive deep conditioning and will be well nourished and revitalized.
- Keep this oil mix in your hair overnight and follow with a mild shampoo the next morning.
Recommended read- Hair Oil Treatment: Why hair oils are important?
7. Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth), Rice Flour Milk, and Egg Mask
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) is a widely acclaimed face pack ingredient, but a lot of people are unaware of the amazing bounty of goodness, that it has to offer for hair nourishment and adding silky texture to hair. The starch content of Rice adds to building up of vital nutrients of the hair. Power packed with proteins eggs will give you finger slipping soft and shiny hair.
- Take 1 cup of Multani Mitti in a bowl.
- Add one complete egg and 2 tablespoons of rice powder.
- Mix well and with the help of a comb make close partying in your scalp and apply the mask evenly on your scalp.
- Keep it for an hour.
- Take some milk in a spray bottle and spray it on your hair in intervals of 15 minutes on your hair.
- The fat content in the milk will help in the better absorption of the mask into your hair.
- Wash the mask only with water to remove the mask and follow with a mild shampoo the next day.
These 7 wonder masks will help you gain well-nourished, healthy and shiny locks that do not lack luster and exhibit all factors of shiny hair. Forget the hassle of running to your salon and spending hours and that too for adding chemicals to your hair! Just reach your kitchen and try out these wonderful DIY Homemade hair masks for silky, conditioned and nourished hair.
Try out our 7 marvel worthy homemade hair masks for silky conditioned and nourished hair, go out there and flaunt your gorgeous mane that is healthier on the inside and soft and shiny on the outside!