It is not only curly hair which are difficult to manage but at times thin hair can also be unmanageable and the women or girls facing this problem always try hard to save every single strand on their head. There can be many reasons for thinning of hair which include heredity to deficiencies and hormonal changes to medical conditions. Here we are mentioning few simple tips for how to take care of thin hair.
Avoid Tangles in Fine Thin Straight Hair
Wind causes more damage to thin hair as they are more susceptible and is the main reason for tangly hair. Do you travel on a two-wheeler without covering your head properly? Think twice now. Always give your think hair a shield in the form of a helmet or scarf.
Also, choose right types of brushes and combs for thin hair. Avoid using hair sprays too much as it may cause more damage to your hair. Staples in your styling kit can also cause tangling. Avoid using lots of conditioners. Whenever possible use organic shampoo and conditioners that contain soothing ingredients for your thin hair.
How to Detangle Thin Hair
- Wet hair is weak at the roots and hence detangles or brush your hair before you wash them as you will lose fewer strands.
- Use right kind of shampoo and conditioner (preferably organic) for your fine and thin hair for getting thick and fuller look. Do the little research in the market in order to find out which type of product is good for your thin and straight hair and once you find it does not change it on the frequent basis.
- Apply conditioner only to the bottom of 2/3rd of your hairs and wash it off properly.
- You can use a leave-in conditioner for the trouble spots only.
- While sleeping tie a loose ponytail or braid as it will cause less breakage.
- Use a satin pillow as while sleeping as it will cause less damage to hair and will also avoid detangling of hair.
Invest in a Good Haircut
It’s a myth that long hair styles does not suit on thin straight hair. Right from short haircut to layered cut everything goes well with this type of hair. Choose a haircut according to your convenience and personality and you can manage your thin hair well.
Choose Good Styling Products
When you are researching in the market about the shampoo and conditioner which works well on your hair you might have come across many other styling products for thin hair. Let’s take a look which can be termed as friendly for your hair.
Thin straight hair tends to get oily fast and hence may need to be washed frequently. Regular washing and blow drying can cause damage to the hair resulting in more breakage. Dry shampoo is the good option in this case. It gives your hair good looks, as well as they, also smell fresh.
Take the powder on your finger tip and keep your head upside down and now rub this powder on your scalp by making different sections. If the bottle comes with a nozzle then it is easier to apply. But the best way is to apply with the help of your fingertips. If you have black or dark color hair then do not forget to brush the powder as it may give your hair a grayish look.
Boost Your Roots!
Blow dry your hair upside down as this is the fast and easy way. Comb your hair first to avoid tangling. Don’t forget to use the comb with wide teeth. You can use some spray product in order to add more volume to your hair. Don’t forget our first tip to use air-blower less so you need to use it quickly and for less time.
Know the Texture of Your Hair
If you want to curl or give any form to such type of hair it may be little difficult. You can use salt sprays on your hair and then blow drying it. It adds volume to your hair and curling it after that or next morning becomes easier. This works on only straight hair. If you have wavy or curly hair blow dry will only make your hair more frizzy.
Some More Tips for Thin Straight Hair
These few tips will also come in handy while taking care of your thin hair –
- Avoid braiding or crimping the bottom layer of your hair.
- Intake of folic acid and prenatal medicines can boost you thicker hair, but be sure about their extra growth on different body parts such as eyebrows or legs.
- Massage your hair gently with essential oils. It stimulates the growth of your thin hair and they grow well.
- Hair extensions can be a good choice occasionally. It gives you a thicker look. But make sure that you are not tying it too hard otherwise it will cause damage to your hair. Clip-in extensions are really easy to use and cause less damage.
Accept your hair for what they are. Follow the above-given tips and we are sure that will be helpful to you in one or the other way in managing and taking good care of your hair. Always remember that you are not the only one who is facing this problem as there are thousands other who go through the same trauma.
If you really liked this article then why not share it with your friends on Social Media? Also please give your valuable comments and feedback in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!