Table of Contents Hide
- Did You Know?
- Bhringraj – A Short Introduction
- Chemical Values Of Bhringraj
- What Are The Bhringraj Benefits (Health Benefits Of Eclipta Alba)?
- 1. Maintains The Health Of Your Liver And Kidney
- 2. Bowel Inflammation
- 3. Beneficial For Indigestion And Constipation Problems
- 4. Deals With Urine Infections
- 5. Effective For Respiratory Issues
- 6. Helps In Fighting Against Cancer
- 7. Bhringraj Benefits For A Healthy Vision
- 8. Boosts Your Immune System
- 9. Good For Diabetic Patients
- 10. Bhringraj Benefits For Healthy Hair
- 11. Used For Soft Skin
- Related to this topic
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Bhringraj is a herbal plant which is an amazing treatment that solves overall health problems. In this article, we will discuss Bhringraj benefits in detail.
Did You Know?
- Bhringraj is known as ‘the king of herbs’, as it carries amazing re-growth properties for your hair.
- False Daisy comes with the ability to detoxify your liver, soothe the working of your stomach, reduce inflammation, boost the immune system, protects the eyes, and lowers the blood pressure.
- The member of the sunflower family, it is available in colors like white, yellow, red and blue flowers.
- Eclipta prostrata, False daisy, Kehraj, Karisalankanni, yerba de tago, and Eclipta Alba are the scientific names of Bhringraj.
Bhringraj – A Short Introduction
People these days are quite inspired by the health, skin and hair benefits provided by the Ayurveda ingredients. Their healing power, without any kind of side effects has impressed various chemical users, leading to increase in the usage of the herbal products. It doesn’t carry any kind of synthetic drugs that are harmful, and hence, is safe to use.
Bhringraj, also known as False Daisy, is an herbal plant, which is widely cultivated in the moist regions. Not only are the flowers of the herb beneficial, but also the leaves and the roots equally nutritious to provide you with various clandestine benefits. Well known for curing problems related to the hair, it also works wondrously for the kidney and the liver disorders.
Chemical Values Of Bhringraj
- Bhringraj is a rich source of alkaloid, popularly known as ecliptine, which is very beneficially naturally.
- The leaves of the False Daisy are widely used for the amount of proteins it provides with.
- Bhringraj contains rich constituents of ecliptine such as demethylwedelolactone, wedololactone, desmethylwedelolactone, 7glucoside, heptacosanol, hentriacontanol, etc.
- False Daisy is popular for its anticancer, antibacterial, antivirus, antihepatotoxic, antihaemorrhagic, antileprotic, analgesic, spasmogenic, ovicidal and hypotensive properties.
What Are The Bhringraj Benefits (Health Benefits Of Eclipta Alba)?
Bhringraj is an herbal plant which comes with various benefits for your complete body. The herb can be used in various forms like juice, skin salves, hair tonics, etc. for getting desired results to your problems. Here are some admired bhringraj benefits in your daily use.
1. Maintains The Health Of Your Liver And Kidney
Bhringraj in the form of powder is very beneficial for the health of your organs. It helps in the process of detoxification, of your kidneys and liver. It also cleans and revitalizes them for a sooth working. It is frequently used for treating the liver problems like hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice, etc. In case of Ayurveda, the powder of Bhringraj is widely used by combining it with pepper powder and some sugar as a tonic to clear your liver. It balances the liver and helps it in functioning normally.
2. Bowel Inflammation
Are you suffering from the pain of bowel hemorrhoids? Bhringraj contains anti-inflammatory properties, which have proved to be beneficial in reducing the pain from the roots in case of bowel inflammation. The ingredient can be taken with hot water, or used in the form of a paste, to get rid of the pain by applying it on the sensitive area, giving you a relief from the analgesic problems.
3. Beneficial For Indigestion And Constipation Problems
Having a troubling tummy! Yes, Bhringraj is also the best source to get rid of troubles like indigestion, constipation, abdominal pain, etc. The intake of Bhringraj restores your basic or normal digestive functions, with a wondrous combination of body chemicals and organic compounds of the plant.
4. Deals With Urine Infections
Eclipta Alba is rich in properties like anti-bacteria and antiseptic. Hence, it is highly beneficial for healing and in preventing infections. For urinary infections, it helps in neutralizing the bacteria in your bladder, by restoring the normal functionality, as a result, it gives you comfortable feeling from the irritation caused due to the bacteria. Having Bhringraj in your drinks brings you various antimicrobial properties, which protects your urinary tract on long term basis.
5. Effective For Respiratory Issues
Yes, Bhringraj is also beneficial for solving issues related to the respiratory system. It comes with antibacterial values, which helps in reducing the respiratory infections. The expectorant compounds in Bhringraj are also beneficial in fighting against infections related to the mucus, where the pathogens grow easily. Hence, if you are suffering from chronic respiratory problems like coughs, cold, asthma, etc. a small portion of Eclipta Alba can help you with long term benefits.
6. Helps In Fighting Against Cancer
To some extent, Bhringraj has proved to be beneficial in controlling and dealing with cancerous elements in the liver. The organic elements present in Bhringraj dislocate the DNA cells preventing them from the cancer cells, with the help of cytotoxic effects that help in killing the mutate cells. Bhringraj benefits henceforth, reduces the growth of cancer cells, as well as, are used in the treatment of cancer.
7. Bhringraj Benefits For A Healthy Vision
Want to have long term clean vision! The leaves of Bhringraj are an organic way to gift your eyes a healthy vision. The vital antioxidant elements present in Bhringraj helps in improving your eye sight. Carotene obtained from the plant reduces the free radicals that form macular degeneration and cataracts that increase the life of your eye sight for various years.
8. Boosts Your Immune System
The white blood cells in your body hold an important role in the destruction of the microbes that are harmful for your body. Bhringraj helps in increasing the number of white blood cells, which also carry antioxidant properties that are useful in strengthening the immune system. In this way, your body actively fights against various infections. It also helps in increasing the fertility for male and female.
9. Good For Diabetic Patients
Bhringraj has also showed unbelievable results when it comes to sugar problems like diabetes. The active molecules present in Bhringraj help in controlling and lowering the glucose in your body, which is quite crucial for the people suffering from diabetes, or having high sugar levels.
10. Bhringraj Benefits For Healthy Hair
Having hair problems like grey hair and hair loss! Bhringraj oil has several benefits for your hair, which prevents your hair from falling, reduces premature graying, makes your hair roots strong, gives it complete conditioning, stops hair splitting, boosts healthy hair growth, and much more. It is the secret to shining and vigorous hair, with a healthy scalp. It can be used as an ingredient in the shampoos to revive your hair and scalp.
11. Used For Soft Skin
Bhringraj has the healing property for nearly all your skin problems, which happens due to the skin impurities. It helps in purifying the blood naturally, which directly affects helps in reducing the skin diseases. It can be taken orally or applied on the skin to improve the look of the skin. Apart from giving you a young and healthy skin, it also helps in healing various wounds with a good speed.
Hence, whether use it in the form of powder, or by making a paste out of it, Bhringraj gifts you with equal advantage. It not only heals, but also helps in maintaining the hair, bones, teeth, sight, hearing and memory. Move to Kerala and you would visualize the people using Bhringraj oil for head and foot massage in the form of a Rasayana. The Ayurveda also recommends the use of Bhringraj for the treatments of kapha, vata, and pitta, which are considered as the basic organs for a perfectly balanced body.
As it is a herbal plant, it doesn’t come with any kind of side effect, if used in proper proportions. However, it is still advised that the pregnant women consult with their doctors before using the herb for any purpose. So, go natural with False Daisy, and bequest your body a natural ingredient to boost your health.