Table of Contents Hide
- Properties of Aloe Vera Which Aid in Hair Growth
- Aloe Vera Juice for Hair?
- Forms in Which Aloe Vera Could be Used
- 1. Simple Hair Conditioner With Aloe Vera
- 2. Aloe Vera Leave in Conditioner
- 3. Aloe Vera Deep Conditioner
- 4. Aloe Vera as a Prewash Concoction
- 5. Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Along With Shampoo
- 6. Aloe Vera Conditioner After Using Shampoo On Hair
- 7. Aloe Vera For Dandruff
- 8. Aloe Vera for Irritable and Itchy Scalp
- 9. Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth
- 10. Aloe Vera as Conditioner After Styling Your Hair
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Aloevera is a succulent shrub which looks like cacti but is not cacti. It grows in tropical countries to a height of 1 to 2 feet. The plant has no stem but long slightly wide succulent leaves. The leaves have thorny edges. Between the two edges lies the aloe vera gel which has a lot of medicinal value. It is used in traditional medicinal systems as a cure for a number of diseases. This shows that aloe vera is now one of the super ingredients. Aloe vera juice for hair is a common remedy to treat damaged hair. Its use in hair loss is also now discovered and the reasons for the same are listed below.
Properties of Aloe Vera Which Aid in Hair Growth
Is aloe vera good for hair? Reasons are given below. Both aloe vera juice for hair growth as well as aloe vera gel for hair nourishment are good for the hair.
- Aloe vera is loaded with vitamins, minerals and enzymes which promote hair growth. The vitamins it contains include vitamin A, B12, C and E which are antioxidants. It neutralizes the free radicals on the scalp and keeps it healthy.
- It has antiseptic properties. This ensures that there are no infection of the scalp. Dandruff is well contained. Psoriasis and seborrhea which are skin based infections do not occur.
- It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Thus it controls irritation to the skin and any redness of the scalp. It soothes the skin and keeps it moist.
- The antioxidants present in aloe vera help to build strong hair follicles and hence promote growth of new hair.
- Hair is maintained strong and healthy by use of aloe vera. The various protein building elements in aloe vera help growth of hair from the roots. The volume and thickness of the hair is improved.
- Some of the enzymes present in aloe vera help to declog skin pores and aid in removal of hair follicles from dead cells.
Aloe Vera Juice for Hair?
Aloe vera can be used in its natural form to treat hair loss. It can be easily combined with oils like coconut or olive oil whereby the nutritional content of the mixture can be enhanced. It can also be mixed with honey, vinegar, lemon juice and used as a conditioner for the hair. This makes the hair soft and smooth. You could make a number of home remedies and use it with other hair products to enhance hair growth. You can also use Aloe vera juice for hair growth.
Forms in Which Aloe Vera Could be Used
1. Simple Hair Conditioner With Aloe Vera
This natural hair mask when used makes the hair shiny. For this you need to extract the aloe vera gel out of the leaf. Take an aloe vera leaf and strip the thorny edges. Cut it in longitudinal fashion and scoop out the gel from it into a bowl. Before you apply the gel on the hair wet your hair. Take some amount of gel in your fingers and start applying it from the roots upwards. Ensure that all the area of the scalp is covered. As you apply it keep massaging the scalp to ensure that the gel seeps into the scalp. Wrap your head with a warm towel. Leave it for 15 minutes. Finally rinse your hair and style it the way you want to.
2. Aloe Vera Leave in Conditioner
Sometimes after a wash you may find your hair frizzy. To tame your hair and get it in order you can use a conditioner made with aloe vera. To make this conditioner you would need to take ¼ cup of distilled water or rose water in a bowl. To this you need to add ¼ th cup of aloe vera juice. Mix it up well. Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil or jojoba oil or sunflower oil to this solution. Mix it all well and transfer contents into a spray bottle. Unfold your hair and spread it across. Spray the above liquid all over the dry and frizzy hair in small quantities. It helps to moisturize the hair and detangle it. It gives bounce and a nice shine to the hair.
3. Aloe Vera Deep Conditioner
Virgin olive oil is a very good oil to use on the scalp. Along with aloe vera gel it makes a good conditioner and helps in moisturising the hair. To make the concoction you need to take equal quantities of aloe vera gel and virgin olive oil in a bowl. Using your fingers apply this mixture on the scalp starting from the roots and moving upwards. As you apply it massage your scalp in circular motion so that blood circulation is enhanced on the scalp. Let it remain for 30 minutes. Later you could have a hair wash with a mild herbal shampoo.
4. Aloe Vera as a Prewash Concoction
This mixture will help in removal of dandruff and any dead cells from the scalp. It could be used before your normal hair wash. Try out this procedure of aloe vera juice for hair loss. To make the concoction you will need to take aloe vera juice, coconut milk and a few drops of natural oil in a bowl. The natural oil could be almond oil, jojoba oil or sesame oil. Mix all the ingredients. Take some of it in your fingers and apply on hair. Start from the bottom of the hair and move upwards. Apply all over the scalp and massage gently. Leave it for around 10 minutes. After which wash your hair like you normally do.
5. Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Along With Shampoo
Aloe vera gel can be mixed with any of the herbal natural shampoos you use. Take a little of the shampoo in a bowl, the quantity should be good enough to wash your hair. Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel to it and mix it up well. You could now use this as your shampoo when you wash your hair.
6. Aloe Vera Conditioner After Using Shampoo On Hair
Normally you need to apply a conditioner to your hair after you shampoo it. This will detangle the hair and make it smooth and soft. After you shampoo your hair you can use the following home made conditioner with aloe vera. Take 1/4th cup of aloe vera gel in a bowl. Add ½ lemon juice to it. Next add 3 to 5 drops of essential oil like rosemary, peppermint or tea tree. Mix it all up. Take some of the mixture in your hand and apply on scalp. Cover all the area and next on the hair till the bottom. Leave it for 5 minutes. Finally rinse it off with some warm water.
7. Aloe Vera For Dandruff
Aloe vera can be used along with tea tree oil to treat dandruff on the hair. Both have antifungal and antibacterial properties. Thus they help in removal of dandruff flakes from the scalp and control the infection. For this take some tea tree oil in a bowl. Add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel to it. If the consistency is too thick you could add few drops of rose water to it. Apply the mixture on the scalp and cover the affected area. Leave it for around one hour. You could wash your scalp and hair after this.
8. Aloe Vera for Irritable and Itchy Scalp
For scalp which is sunburnt or is infected the skin could get inflamed and itchy. Using aloe vera gel helps to reduce the inflammation and irritation. Plain aloe vera gel can be applied on the scalp. After applying on the affected areas of the scalp leave it for around 20 minutes. You could wash your hair after that. This procedure brings about a soothing feeling on the scalp as well as nourishes the hair.
9. Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth
How to use aloe vera for hair growth? If your hair lacks nourishment and is damaged you can try this therapy to rejuvenate it. Take 1/2 cup of aloe vera juice in a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds powder, castor oil and basil leaves to it. Pour the contents in a blender and run the blender for 2 to 3 minutes. Use this thick concoction as a hair mask. Just before sleeping apply this mixture all over the scalp and hair. After it dries put on a shower cap. The next morning wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This procedure helps in strengthening the hair and bringing the bounce back. It could be tried once a week till you see effects of aloe vera for hair regrowth.
10. Aloe Vera as Conditioner After Styling Your Hair
Aloe vera can be safely used to tame your hair after you style it. It brings the shine in the hair and helps to maintain moisture. For this you need to take just a small pinch of aloe vera gel and apply it on your hair.
Does aloe vera help hair growth? Aloe vera maintains the pH value of the scalp. It is very effective for treatment of the scalp and hair. Natural aloe vera juice for hair growth is a simple procedure. It can be easily grown in the house and used in the above-mentioned recipes. Just ensure that while extracting the gel there are no sediments. For this you might need to filter the gel and use it.