How to Get Rid of Dandruff : Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff!
Come winters and you are struck by those white flaky crusties you call as Dandruff. You hate it for so many reasons, isn’t it? The most prominent one is that they can spoil your mood right after you slip into your favorite black dress for a party. We know it’s disheartening. But more than that, it causes a lot of worries including constant itchiness that is so unsightly. Dandruff is not only a seasonal woe, at least, not for people who tolerate it throughout the year. Don’t freak out because now you can fight it out with some effective home remedies for dandruff.
Here in the list, we have given some very quick and easy home remedies for dandruff and it surely overcomes your question how to get rid of it? or how to cure dandruff at home?
You need not rush to a dermatologist or hair care expert for curing dandruff. You have ample weapons in your kitchen and garden to root it out completely from your scalp using these simple home remedies for dandruff. But before moving further and getting back to the point, let us understand the causes of dandruff. They include-
- Dry scalp
- Inflammation on skin
- Bacterial growth
- Serious skin issue called Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Diseases like Psoriasis or Eczema
After knowing its causes, let us move on to the natural remedies found in your home to rout them.
Top 5 Simple Yet Effective Home Remedies for Dandruff
Here we are offering you dekko at 5 topmost remedies to treat dandruff at home-
1. Neem or ‘Indian Lilac’ for Treating Dandruff
It is the powerhouse of properties that are anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial, all the enemies of dandruff!
- Boil Neem in a little water. Let it cool for some time.
- Apply it to your scalp and leave for few minutes before washing off.
2. Coconut Oil and Lemon is Natural Remedy to Cure Dandruff of Hair
The acid content of lemon and antibacterial properties of coconut oil is enough to fight out dandruff from your hair. And it’s simple!
- Mix 5 teaspoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Apply this solution on your scalp and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with any mild shampoo for startling results.
3. Cure Dandruff Naturally With Fenugreek and Apple Cider Vinegar
Fenugreek seeds can banish dandruff with their antifungal properties and apple cider vinegar can easily change pH of your scalp to restrict yeast growth.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for 5-6 hours, preferably, overnight.
- Grind them to make a smooth paste.
- Mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Apply on the scalp and leave as such for approx half an hour.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
4. Black Pepper and Yogurt are Great Remedies to Get rid of Dandruff
Yogurt is time tested to remove scaling on the scalp and, on the other hand, black pepper contains anti-fungal properties.
- Take 2 teaspoons of black pepper and grind it into fine powder
- Mix 1 cup of fresh yogurt to this powder.
- Apply it properly on the scalp and leave for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, wash with any mild shampoo.
Let us have a quick look 8 Basic Reasons for Hair Loss ...
5. Baking Soda for Removing Dandruff From Hair
We all store baking soda for plenty of reasons in our kitchen. It’s time to use its powers as a fungicide and mild exfoliant. It completely removes dandruff from your scalp after breaking it off in pieces.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mix it into 1 cup of lukewarm water. You can add it directly to your shampoo as well. Though, we prefer the former method.
- Apply it on your hair and leave for some time.
- It will get dry at first but not to worry. The natural oils in baking soda will balance this dryness quite soon.
- Later, rinse your hair with warm water and feel the difference.
These are some simple remedies to desist dandruff from growing on your scalp. They are natural remedies that kill dandruff and even restrict its recurrence. Don’t believe us, try them yourself and share your experiences with us.
Liked our useful tips? How about spreading the word by sharing on Twitter, Facebook and Google+?