Amazing Hidden Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil…
Lemon is a wonder citric fruit for health and there are several benefits of lemon essential oil. Recent researches have shown that lemon essential oil is multipurpose oil and can be used not only as a beauty product but also for several ailments.
The question arises as to what is lemon oil used for? Lemon essential oil is herbal oil which is anti-bacterial in nature. What more, it even adds flavor to food and water! It has a great aroma and is used as air freshener. If mixed with other oils, it has manifold uses.
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
There are many uses and benefits of lemon essential oil which are enumerated below.
1. Treat for Skin
You heard it right! Lemon oil is excellent for skin care, especially oily skin. It has anti-microbial properties which prevent pimples and acne. It keeps the skin clear and oil free. It can be used as an astringent and is great for oily skin.
Also, add few drops of lemon oil to your regular cleansers or face wash to see a significant difference in skin texture. It is very effective to remove the dead skin cells and gives you a flawless and clear complexion.
2. Weight Loss
We all know that lemon contributes to weight loss. In the same way, adding few drops of lemon oil to drinking water reduces appetite and helps reducing weight. Drink water along with lemon oil and shed off those extra kilos!!
3. Hair Care
As far as hair care is concerned, Lemon essential oil uses include treatment of dandruff, soft and shiny hair and hair highlighter.
4. Nail Care
Lemon oil can be used on brittle nails. Apply the oil to soften cuticles and keep your nails healthy and shiny.
5. Sore Throat
Lemon essential oil has medicinal benefits as well. It is effective for a sore throat. Add few drops of lemon oil to a cup of warm water along with honey. Use this water to gargle twice in a day to get rid of a sore throat.
6. Bad Breathe
This is a common problem faced by many of us. Add few drops of lemon oil to a cup of water and swish your mouth with it. Repeat this process regularly in the morning. It will keep bad breath at bay.
7. Domestic Uses
What is lemon essential oil good for? Well, benefits of lemon essential oil is not limited to skin and hair care only. It is an essential ingredient for domestic uses as well.
a. Insect Repellent
Lemon oil is very effective on ants, flies and other insects. Mix lemon oil with Eucalyptus oil or Neem oil and spray on the floors or corners. Your house will be free of insects.
Add few drops of lemon oil to the regular floor cleaners and clean floors, kitchen surfaces with the same. It cleans the surfaces very effectively. Also, as it is anti-fungal and anti-microbial in nature, it also kills germs and bacteria.
c. Keep Fruits Fresh
It is a common observation that fruits like apple, banana or avocado turn black after they are cut. Add lemon oil to water and keep cut fruits in this solution. It will not turn black and stay fresh for a longer time.
d. Gums and Sticky Substance Remover
Everyone faces this issue regularly. Gums and sticky substances are mostly present in floor, bottles carrying labels etc. Spray water mixed with lemon oil to clean the surface and remove the gums and stains easily.
Different Methods to Reduce Acne Scars Using Lemon Oil
Lemon oil is good to reduce acne scars when mixed with other ingredients. Here, we discuss few methods of how to get rid of acne scars using lemon essential oil.
1. Lemon Oil
Lemon oil itself is very good to reduce acne scars.
- Lemon essential oil
- Take few drops of lemon essential oil in a cotton ball.
- Apply it on the scars and massage gently with your fingertips.
- Allow it to stay overnight and wipe it off with a cotton ball next morning.
- Repeat the process until you see a significant difference in scars.
2. Lemon Oil and Rose Water
Lemon oil and rose water is a great combination to lighten the scars and maintain the PH balance of the skin.
- Lemon oil
- Soak a cotton ball in the rose water.
- Add few drops of lemon oil to the same cotton ball.
- Apply this solution to the acne scars.
- Allow it to stay overnight and next morning wash off with cold water.
- Repeat this process for a month or two to see a considerable difference in acne scars.
3. Lemon Oil, Mint and Honey
This combination is very effective in reducing acne scars. Also, it prevents the formation of acne. It controls excess oil secretion in the skin.
- Lemon oil
- Mint leaves
- Crush 5-6 fresh mint leaves and extracts the juice from it.
- You can also blend several mint leaves in a blender and collect the juice in a container.
- Add 2-3 drops of honey and lemon oil to the fresh juice and mix well.
- Apply the mix on the acne scars and leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
It is always advisable to follow the process just before going to bed for increased effectiveness.
Different Methods for Skin Lightening Using Lemon Oil
Lemon essential oil skin lightening techniques are easy to follow and very effective in the long run.
1. Lemon Oil and Cucumber
Lemon oil along with cucumber lightens the complexion and hydrates the skin in a natural way.
- Lemon oil
- Grate a cucumber and extract the fresh juice from it.
- Add few drops of oil to it and apply it all over face and neck.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash off with cold water.
- Follow this regime regularly for few weeks to get a glowing and clear skin.
2. Lemon Oil and Almond Oil
- Lemon oil
- Almond oil
- Mix few drops of lemon oil with almond oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in this oil and apply it all over the skin and face.
- Massage gently for few minutes for the oil to get absorbed in the skin.
- Wipe off the excess oil using cotton ball or a tissue paper.
- Leave it overnight and use a mild cleanser to clean the face in the morning.
Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E which is excellent for the skin. It nourishes the skin deeply and over a period of time, you get a clear and glowing skin.
There are lots of benefits of lemon essential oil which we discussed in this article. Also, it is easily available in the market. It is both a beauty and daily care product. It has various uses and is an essential ingredient for domestic purposes.
It is always better to use this oil only after cleaning the face and neck with a good cleanser. Also, it is better to avoid direct sunlight and going outside after application of this oil. Oil has a tendency to absorb dirt and dust and you may not get the results as expected. Hence, apply this oil in the night time and leave it for visible effect.
Hope you have found this article useful to get the information of benefits of lemon essential oil. In the case of any feedback or suggestion, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.