Table of Contents Hide
- Properties of Brahmi
- Brahmi Benefits For Health and Beauty
- Applications of Brahmi
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Brahmi or the Indian Pennywort is an Ayurvedic herb that is comprised of medicinal and health benefits for a person. It is extremely beneficial for one’s memory strengthening, immunity system and for treating several sicknesses. Additionally, it also benefits one’s hair and skin in an amazing way. Let’s us explore here Brahmi benefits for our overall health!
Properties of Brahmi
- Vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B6
- Bio-chemical compounds such as brahmine
You must have seen memory booster and immunity booster tonics for children available in the medical stores. Most of these tonics are comprised of various natural ingredients such as Brahmi. However, a common person is not aware that Brahmi leaves can be utilized in everyday diet and beauty regime to reap the astounding benefits of the herb.
Another word for Brahmi is longevity herb. This is because it makes your skin look younger and beautiful than ever.
Brahmi Benefits For Health and Beauty
1. Brahmi Benefits for Health
Let us first go through the Brahmi benefits for our overall health before we move towards the beauty aspect.
- As already mentioned, it forms an essential ingredient for memory booster tonics. Apart from that, brahmi plays a vital role in dealing with mental issues such as amnesia or the Alzheimer’s disease. It has a favourable influence on the mental functioning on a consistent basis.
- Yes, we all need stress-busters regularly. We cannot reduce the stress but can manage it or deal with it. Fortunately, brahmi is an excellent stress-buster for us. The main hormone responsible for stress is cortisol. Brahmi reduces the release of cortisol in a significant manner and helping us to cope up with stress.
- Brahmi is good for concentration and memory enhancement, particularly in children.
- People suffering from depression and anxiety should drink brahmi leaf juice reducing the relevant factors.
- Brahmi plays an influential role in curing respiratory diseases such as common cough, cold and asthma.
- Brahmi helps in throwing out the harmful toxins and wastes from the body. It is excellent for maintaining healthy condition of the body organs.
- It needs to be consumed to reduce the intensity of stomach concerns such as infections, ulcers and urinary tract disorders.
- Brahmi regulates the blood glucose levels and blood pressure levels. Thus, it is beneficial for diabetics and people suffering from high blood pressure levels.
- It cures cramps and pain resulting due to arthritis.
2. Brahmi Benefits for Skin Care
- Brahmi is infused with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it fights against skin eruptions and problems such as acne and aging signs.
- The reason why Brahmi is known as the longevity herb is that it helps in new tissue building and maintenance. It revitalizes skin.
- It fights against aging symptoms such as wrinkles and fine lines around eyes and mouth. It makes your skin youthful.
- Due to the antiviral elements comprised in Brahmi, it helps in treating severe skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It purifies the blood by throwing out the impurities in it. When blood is purified, the skin condition gets improved automatically.
3. Brahmi Benefits for Hair Care
- Brahmi works like a miracle for hair growth and its strengthening.
- Brahmi gets blended into the hair roots and stimulates its growth. It offers adequate nourishment to the hair follicles, and thereby, boosts hair growth in the least possible time.
- It prevents stubborn dandruff from damaging the hair.
- Brahmi also creates a protecting layer for the hair to avoid hair loss and other concerns in the future.
- Massaging hair with Brahmi oil on a regular basis adds shine and lustre to the hair.
Looking for a remedy for hair growth? Here are the best herbs which the best home remedies for hair fall.
Applications of Brahmi
Having understood the immense benefits of Brahmi for skin and hair care, let us throw a light on few of its applications. However, one should apply Brahmi in the below-mentioned ways on a consistent basis to earn better results in the form of healthy and beautiful skin and hair.
Brahmi removes bacteria and resulting infections out of the skin. It prevents skin eruptions, cleanses skin and makes it healthy.
1. Brahmi Pack
Take few Brahmi as well as neem leaves. Grind it in the mixer and mix it into a bowl of curd to form a paste. Apply this pack on the skin and wash it off when it dries. This packs works wonders on the reduction of acne, pigmentation signs and makes your skin look glowing and beautiful.
2. Brahmi Hair Oil
Brahmi oil is beneficial for massaging scalp and hair to remove dandruff and promoting hair growth.
Take few Brahmi leaves and add it to a bowl of coconut or olive oil. Boil the mixture and allow it to cool till night. Your mixture will look greenish. Strain the mixture and pour the contents into a bottle. This will be the best hair oil for applying overnight.
Are you looking for a solution for your hair and skin problems? Read here the numerous benefits of argan oil…
3. Brahmi Powder
Brahmi powder can be added to different hair packs. You need to dry brahmi leaves in the sun. Grind the leaves in the mixer into a powdered form. This powder can be mixed with other powders such as neem powder, amla powder, and tulsi powder to prepare natural hair packs. Apply these packs once a week.
For instance, add a spoon of brahmi, amla and neem powder into buttermilk to form a thick paste. Apply it on the hair and scalp for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and use an herbal shampoo. It will offer nourishment to your hair in the best possible manner.
One can find brahmi as an ingredient in various oils available in the market. However, it is always better to prepare brahmi oil and hair packs at home to get effective results for your hair and skin. One can find brahmi tree in your nearby locality or a flower vendor in your area.
You can also give brahmi-fortified tonics to your kids. Brahmi tonics can also be consumed by adults to increase the memory in future or during old age.
Try to incorporate brahmi leaves in your beauty regime to get rid of all hair and skin problems. Moreover, you get a wonderful skin in a few weeks after regular application of the same.