Does your brush or comb have more hair than your scalp? It is disheartening to see your lovely tresses thinning over time. Have you ever tried onion juice for hair growth? Thousands of people across the world are facing the problem of hair loss. Losing around 50-70 strands of her per day is considered normal, however more than that is a cause for concern. There are millions of products available in the market that promise to restore hair loss and give your hair the lost shine. However, do they really live up to the claims?
If you are seeking a super fast way to grow hair, there is one powerful ingredient that is less considered among all other treatments. Have you ever considered onion juice for hair growth? The humble onion is inexpensive and readily available and puts all your hair loss problems to an end.
Benefits of Onion for Hair Growth
Is onion helpful for hair growth? Yes, surprisingly onions have a number of powerful ingredients that are good for hair growth. Following are reasons why onions are important for hair growth.
- Onions improve blood circulation on the scalp and help new strands of hair grow.
- Onions are rich in sulphur that enhances the production of collagen tissues which is essential for hair growth.
- Onions have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which help get rid of bacteria and fungi that cause hair infection and prevents it from growing.
- Onions prevent your hair from thinning and becoming brittle. It makes it strong and helps prevent breakage.
- Onions are rich in anti-oxidants called “quercetin” which help reverse the effects of premature greying of hair.
- Onions help prevent the attack of lice on your hair.
- Dandruff causing drying of hair and hair breakage leading to hair fall. Onions also help fight dandruff as they have anti-bacterial properties.
- Regular usage of onions makes the hair shine and grow strong.
Do you know how to regrow hair? Get here some natural remedies for hair growth!
How to Use Onion Juice for Hair Growth?
Now that you know the wonderful properties of onion juice, are you wondering how to apply onion juice for hair growth? You can extract the juice by blending them in a food processor, or grate them finely and squeeze the juice out. Onion juice can be combined with several natural ingredients for effective results. Following are some simple natural remedies of onion juice with other natural ingredients
1. Onion Juice and Coconut Oil
Like onions and hair growth have a positive relationship, coconut oil is also an age old remedy to treat hair loss and make your hair regrow. When onion juice is combined with coconut oil, these powerful ingredients increase hair strength and reduce hair fall. Mix equal proportions of coconut and olive oil and massage this mixture on to the scalp. Leave it on for about 1 hour and rinse off with a gentle shampoo. Repeat this 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
2. Onion Juice and Honey
Onion juice for hair is an excellent remedy for hair growth when combined with honey. You can consume it orally as well as apply it externally on the scalp. For oral consumption, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 5 tablespoons of onion juice and have it daily. The same mixture can be applied externally on the scalp too. After massaging onto the scalp, leave the mixture on for 30 minutes. Rinse with a shampoo to get rid of the pungent smell. Repeat this every alternate day.
3. Olive Oil and Onion Juice
Have you ever considered olive oil and red onion juice for hair growth? Yes, this powerful combination is an excellent hair loss treatment and make your hair regrow. You can also alternatively use beer for this remedy. Mix 1 cup of beer with olive oil. To this mixture add onion juice and blend well. Apply on to the scalp, and leave on for about 2 hours. Rinse thoroughly with a shampoo followed by a conditioner. Use this pack at least once a week.
4. Onion Juice and Rum Solution
Is onion helpful for hair growth? The answer to your question is “Yes”. Onions and rum solution is one of the best remedies for hair growth. Are you wondering if this is a drink? Apart from being a drink, this solution mixture can be applied on the hair too. Chop one medium onion into small pieces and soak in a glass of rum overnight. Next morning strain this mixture and remove the pulp. Massage this solution like a hair tonic onto your scalp. Rinse with a shampoo and conditioner. Try this remedy once a week for best results.
5. Onions in Dishes
Since the addition of onions adds a rich taste to your food, the easiest way to incorporate is to add them in every dish you cook. If you are wondering how to use onions for hair regrowth, simply start eating more of onions. You will see the difference in the health of your hair. Your lost hair will regrow in no time.
6. Raw Onion Juice Solution
The best way to use onion juice for hair growth is to simply use its raw solution on the scalp or by just drinking 2 to 3 tablespoons every day. You can also add raw onion juice to warm water and massage onto scalp. Use this as an after wash as a final rinse after you use shampoo. You can also blend onions to make a smooth paste and apply it as a hair pack before wash.
Tips to Handle Onions
- You can grate onions and extract the juice instead of blending them.
- To strain out the juice effectively use a cheese cloth instead of a strainer.
- Chill onions in the freezer for about half an hour to avoid tearing while cutting.
- Onions have a pungent smell. In order to mask the pungent smell, you can essential fragrance oils such as lavender oil, rosemary oil or peppermint oil. You can also add lemon juice or rose water for a good fragrance.
Onions are known to be a natural cure to treat hair loss and premature greying. Several studies state that onions have great healing properties and can treat hair diseases like female baldness and androgenic alopecia. So if you are suffering from hair loss, wait no more. Start using onion juice for hair growth. You will begin to see dramatic results in no time. Give onions the importance they deserve and bid goodbye to hair loss!