In today’s time, we spend most of our day staring at the computer screen, our mobiles, and tablets or gazing at the television. Due to this our eyes face constant stress and strain leading to exhausted eyes, blurred vision and poor eyesight. Eyes are the most important part of your body, yet it is the most neglected. It is important that we take good care of our eyes owing to the strain it has to go through the entire day. Have you ever considered yoga for eyes? Yes, eyes also require exercises that provide relief and relaxation.
One of the best ways to take care of your eyes well is to perform yoga exercises for eyes. Yoga for eyes is a type of eye exercise that can be performed at any time of the day. You can do it at home during relaxation, or at office in between a hectic day.
Let’s get to know the top relaxation exercises actually work positively!
Yoga Exercises for Eyes
Here are a few simple yoga exercises for eyes that will help relieved the tensed muscles in the eyes, help your eye focus and give you relaxation.
1. Sideways and Rotation of Eyes
- Sit down in a straight position keeping your spine straight.
- Focus on a point straight ahead of you.
- Keep your head in a fixed position and focus on the space between your eyebrows.
- Look straight below at your nose.
- While performing this exercise inhale and exhale slowly focusing on your breathing.
- After completing, close your eyes and rest.
- Repeat again when comfortable. This is the best form of yoga for eyesight.
Don’t miss to read stress management technique to handle your stress and keep your mind calm…
- Keep your eyes closed and perform deep breathing exercises to relax yourself.
- Then rub your palms together until they become warm.
- Now place your palms slowly on the eyelids and feel the warmth being transferred to the eyes.
- This warmth relaxes the tensed muscles in your eyes.
- Repeat this power eye yoga exercise at least 3 to 5 times.
You will love to read about the amazing benefits of yoga for healthy body and mind that you must know!
- Sit in a comfortable position with eyes wide open.
- Now begin blinking your eyes quickly. Do this at least 10 times continuously.
- Now close your eyes and relax for 1 minute.
- While performing this exercise ensure you inhale and exhale deeply. Focus completely on breathing to derive the benefit of eye yoga.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times.
If you want to maintain your healthy life, take a look on guidelines for daily meditation…
- Sit on a comfortable chair and look up at the ceiling with your eyes wide open.
- Now rotate your eyes in the clockwise direction.
- Try to visualize a strong image around your face.
- Do this for about 40-50 seconds.
- Close your eyes for a minute.
- Now rotate your eyes in the anti-clockwise direction.
- Repeat as many times as comfortable. This is one of the best eye exercises to improve vision.
If you are new to yoga art and want to master it, just go through these beginners yoga poses guidelines…
5. Focus Switching
- Hand a board with something written on it, at a comfortable reading distance.
- Keeping your eyes open, cover one eye with your hand.
- Trace the shape of the letter written on the board and move on to the next letter.
- Do not squint your eyes to focus on the letter. Make sure to keep your eyes wide open.
- Now perform the same eye yoga for the other eye.
- Repeat this exercise at least 5 times as this is one of the best eye exercises to improve vision.
Before beginning any of the above mentioned yoga exercises for eyes, make sure to wash your eyes well with cold water. Also always remember to keep your head, neck and spine straight while performing these eye yoga exercises.
You will love read What is ‘Surya Namaskar Yoga’ (Sun Salutation Yoga) and How To Do It…
Benefits of Yoga for Eyes
Eye Yoga mainly aims at improving the functionality of the eyes. Some of the main benefits you can derive from these exercises are:
- Improves the functionality of eyes
- Reduces tension in eye muscles
- Improves eyesight
- Improves eye flexibility
- Increases focus and concentration
- Helps relieve eyes strain caused due to prolonged usage at work
- Treats eye disorders like short sightedness, long sightedness, glaucoma and cataract.
Yoga for eyes develops a great connection between the mind and the body. Practicing eye yoga regularly can also improve eye focus and maintains a balanced posture in your body. Try out these simple yoga exercises to keep your eyes young and healthy. Say goodbye to eye strain and eye related disorders with these simple yoga exercises for eyes.