Yoga is an awesome art of being fit and staying healthy. If you are a novice, there are some simple yoga poses for beginners that you can learn and practice at home. Yoga poses and benefits for your overall health are closely related. Yoga always has the positive effect on your body and mood. You feel relieved of stress and depression with easy yoga poses. As mentioned earlier, these beginners yoga poses are simple to practice and lasting in their result. With their time-tested Pranayam, these asanas or yoga poses can even help to reduce acute chronic pain in many cases.
Here, we are discussing some easy yoga poses recommended by experts for the beginners. So, if you are new to this wonderful art and want to master it, just go through these beginners yoga poses.
Names of Yoga Poses Recommended For Beginners
Although, yoga is an ocean of asanas but being a newcomer to this world, you need to focus on the easier ones first and then upgrade to the complicated yoga poses. The best yoga poses for beginners are:
1. Sukhasana or The Easy Sitting Pose of Cross Leg for Stress Busting
This is the simplest of them all. It is one of the best yoga poses for back pain and flexibility.
- Sit with your legs crossed on a yoga mat.
- Keep your hands firmly on the knees. Your spine should remain straight.
- Try to push your sit bones towards the floor.
- Inhale slowly with your eyes closed.
You will love read What is ‘Surya Namaskar Yoga’ (Sun Salutation Yoga) and How To Do It…
2. Tadasana or Mountain Pose for Mental Strength and Better Posture
This yoga pose can certainly improve your physique. It solidifies your breathing and relieves mental stress.
- Stand firmly keeping your feet at hip-width.
- Spread your arms on both sides.
- Inhale slowly while keeping the neck in perfect alignment with your spine.
- Take your arms slowly up in a prayer position.
3. Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose for Strengthening of Legs
This simple yoga pose will make you feel like a warrior and also give you the same strength in your legs.
- Stand with your feet at a small distance (preferably 3-4 feet).
- Turn the right foot at 90 degrees and slightly bring left foot in the same direction.
- Slowly bend your right knee keeping left leg straight.
- Pull out your hands with palms down.
- Stay low and focus on the finger of your right hand as much as you can.
- Now, change side. Take at least 10 deep breaths on each side.
4. Vriksasana or Tree Pose for Influencing Better Balance
Along with improving your balance, this is one of the most effective beginners yoga poses for the strengthening of a spine, thighs, and calves.
- Start with mountain pose.
- Stretch your hands upwards making prayer pose with them.
- Balance your whole weight on right leg.
- Bend the left knee and take it towards the inner thigh area of the right leg.
- Hold for half a minute and then change legs to repeat.
5. Balasana or Child Pose for Complete Relaxation
This is one of the most effective yoga for back pain. This pose resembling fetal position also heals neck pain and helps you to relax cheerfully.
- Sit comfortably on your heels. Now, lower your buttocks towards the heels and roll your upper body forward.
- Let your forehead rest on the floor in front. Stretch your arms forward.
- Lower your chest to bring it closer to knees and hold on this position to breathe in.
- Now, breathe out and repeat.
If you wish to lose fat naturally without dieting, then you must go through this important tips…
6. Eka Pada Rajakapotasana or Pigeon Pose for Opening Up Your Upper Body
This is one of the best yoga poses for beginners at home. You can try it to make your body more flexible and relaxed.
- Get to the push-up position keeping your palms under the shoulders.
- Straighten your left leg on the floor keeping left knee close to the shoulders and left heel near right hip.
- Keep your hands firmly on the floor and lift up your chest.
- Lower the chest taking it closer to the floor.
- Repeat with another side.
7. Trikonasana or Triangle Pose for Full Body Stretch
This is one of the best yoga poses for lower back pain. It also strengthens your knees and thighs. This pose is quite beneficial for pregnant women as well.
- Get into warrior pose. Keep your legs straight.
- Bring your torso towards the right side.
- Then, try to touch your right foot with right hand.
- Extend left hand upward as much as possible.
- Bring right hip forward while leaning left hip backward.
- Gaze at your left hand to stretch the back.
- Repeat with another side.
Struggling with your weight loss goals? Read on to know more about Flat Belly Diet…
8. Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Pose For full Body Stretch
This is one of the most effective yoga poses and benefits of this asana are also significant on your body.
- Make an inverted V with your body keeping palms flat on the ground. Spread your fingers to maintain balance.
- Place your knees on the floor and exhale.
- Now, lift up the knees, hips, and butts upwards.
- Pull back your thighs and bring heels down on the floor.
- Keep your head down in parallel to your upper arms gazing at your belly.
- Hold for 10-15 breaths and repeat.
These are the eight easiest beginner yoga poses that you can begin right away. They will take just 15-20 minutes of your morning time and keep you fit for the whole day ahead. Have you also tried them yet? Share your experiences in the comments section below.