While dark circles are in no way a serious skin issue, it can be detrimental to one’s self-confidence, as they find their way right to the most expressive part of the face- the eyes! They will make you look, dull, sad, and even ill. If you suffer from dark circles, you will relate to this! No need to worry, in this article we will tell you how to get rid of dark circles under the eye.
Today, we present to you a few simple but very effective home remedies that help you on how to get rid of dark circles, without any side effects. Let us first explore what causes of dark circles and then how to get rid of dark circles.
What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes?
The causes may be many, but a few noteworthy dark circles under eyes causes are listed below:
- Mental stress
- Physical stress
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of sleep
- Long working hours
- Incessant crying
- Sun damage
Most doctors will just recommend topical ointments to get rid of dark circles, if this does not work, a dose of steroid may be suggested. While some eye cream for dark circles may work, a majority of them barely help. We believe a few ingredients in your kitchen rack can be the safest and natural way of getting rid of dark circles, real quick!
To know the causes of pimples the simple solutions on how to get rid of pimples fast, click here to read in detail…
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles With Conventional Methods?
In order to treat dark circles or a fat bulging eye, most dermatologists suggest the following treatments:
- Dark circle eye creams
- Fat injections
- Cheek lift
- Hyaluronic acid facial fillers
- IPL or Intense pulse light therapy
Before resorting for any one of the above-listed treatments, we strongly advocate the use of home remedies. Often, a home remedy or two, are bound to work wonders, and dark circles will be a story of the past.
These simple remedies have been tried and tested by several hundred across the globe. Many will vouch for the efficacy of these home remedies. They are certainly worth a try.
1. Use of Almond Oil to Remove Dark Circles
Be it your hair or your skin, almond oil can make it soft and healthy. Almond oil has been used for several decades in preventing and also reducing pregnancy stretch marks. This oil is very delicate and will not burn or cause your skin to break out. Use almond oil and vitamin E, in conjunction with each other to remove dark circles under eyes.
Before hitting the sack, take a few drops of almond oil in your palms. Next, gently massage the oil into the areas surrounding your eyes. Let the oil stay overnight. Wash and pat dry the following money. Within a week, you will see the dark circles diminishing.
2. Raw Potato: Remedy to Treat Dark Circles Naturally
This vegetable makes lovely fries, that we are sure you love. But, did you know that they are also a source of natural bleaching agents? Yes, the potato has chemicals that on regular use will lighten dark circles and also reduce puffiness of the eyes. Being a vegetable, available all through the year, the potato can be used a remedy to treat dark circles naturally.
Wash and peel potatoes and cut them into thick slices. Place these slices on your eyelids every day, and see wrinkles and dark circles fade away. Alternately, you can grate the potato, and extract its juice, and apply it on the dark circles.
If you don’t know the benefits of aloe vera for skin, then must read – Aloe vera benefits for your beauty…
3. Use of Tomatoes to Treat Dark Circles Under Eyes
Like potatoes, tomatoes too, have natural bleaching properties and are hence used to treat spots caused by acne. This vegetable can also be used to treat dark circles at home.
Puree and use tomato on dark circles to get rid of dark circles around eyes. You can also make a concoction of tomato juice and lemon juice for faster results. Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in a 1:1/2 ratio, and gently apply on the dark circles. After ten minutes of application, simply wash off with cold water.
If you are wondering how to get rid of dark circles under eyes fast, you can also drink tomato juice with mint and lemon juice, to hasten the fading of dark circles.
4. How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Using Rosewater
Rose water is definitely one of the best remedies, you can lay your hands upon. Used by beauticians and naturopaths, rose water has properties that revitalize and rejuvenate the skin. It also has a very soothing effect on the eyes. This mild fragrance water, also acts as a good toner to the skin, thanks to its astringent properties.
- Simply soak a few cotton balls in rose water, every few hours and place them on your closed eyelids.
- Leave the cotton balls on your eyes for about 20 minutes.
- You need not wash your eyes thereafter. Do this twice a day for as long as you feel the need!
5. Use Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Dark Circles
There is no one person who will refuse a chilled glass of lemon juice on a sunny day! This refreshing juice also is used to treat several skin conditions, including acne scar removal. Vitamin C or ascorbic acid present in lemon helps in removing dark circles and other pigmentation effectively.
- Extract the juice of a medium sized lemon. Now, using a cotton swab gently apply the juice on the affected areas, making sure it does not enter your eyes. Leave the juice on, for about 15 minutes before you wash it off. This remedy will take a few weeks to show results, so be patient!
- You can also make a quick pack of tomato juice, lemon juice, a few teaspoons of besan and a pinch of turmeric. Make a thick paste of the above-mentioned ingredients and apply it on the dark circles. Allow for the paste to dry and wash off with lukewarm water. This home made pack will reduce dark circles and make your skin soft and supple.
6. How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Using Cucumber
Owing to its skin lightening and astringent properties, cucumber is used vastly in treating skin conditions like blemishes, pigmentation, and acne scars. The juice of cucumber also is very soothing and cools the skin. Try a cucumber pack around your eye socket, to get rid of dark circles effectively. It is one of the best dark circles remedies.
- Cut a cucumber into nice chunky and thick slices and refrigerate them for half an hour. Then place these slices on your eyes for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- You can also extract the juice of freshly grated cucumber into a medium sized bowl. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the bowl and mix well. Use cotton balls to apply the mixture onto dark circles and wash off. Repeat this until the dark circles fades away.
7. Virgin Coconut Oil for Dark Circles
- If you can get your hands on some virgin coconut oil, there is no better dark circle remedy that actually works. Known for its moisturizing quality, this oil prevents and treats wrinkles, dark circles, and fine lines.
- Simply massage a generous quantity of coconut oil into the affected areas. Leave it on overnight and wash off the following morning. Repeat this as many times as you desire, as the more coconut oil you apply, the smoother will your skin become!
Some of these remedies will show you instant results for treating dark circles, with a few others you need to patiently wait! But these remedies are harmless to the skin. They, in fact, will make your skin glow again! Try them today!