Homemade Oatmeal Face Mask Recipes for Glowing and Acne Free Skin!
Oatmeal forms a great low cholesterol diet. However, most of us are unaware that oatmeal face mask can do wonders for the skin and is very effective for acne-prone skin. It is mostly known for its anti-inflammatory property and therefore makes an excellent natural treatment for acne. Also, it is an antioxidant agent which gives you a clear skin. Below are some homemade oatmeal face masks which not only remove acne but leaves behind a radiant skin.
Homemade Oatmeal Face Mask Recipes
1. Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
It is a very simple method.
- Cook oatmeal for 10-15 minutes and allow it to cool down.
- With your fingers, apply this cooked oatmeal gently on the affected areas.
- Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Repeat this process two times in a week to see visible effects.
Do not use this oatmeal mask very frequently as it will make your skin dry and patchy.
If you want solution for these skin problems, you must go for the Homemade Face Mask Using Veggie Peels…
2. Oatmeal and Honey Mask
- Cook oatmeal and add 2 tablespoons of it to a bowl.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the oatmeal to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over face and neck. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse with normal water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a week for best results.
This oatmeal and honey face mask are good for oily and combination skin. Oatmeal absorbs oil and clears the skin, honey acts as a natural moisturizer whereas yogurt leaves behind a smooth and glowing skin.
3. Oatmeal Facial Mask
- Baking Soda
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of oatmeal and blend it to form a powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the oatmeal powder.
- Add sufficient quantity of water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this face mask on the affected areas.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Continue with this oatmeal facial regime once every week till you see the acnes fade off completely. This mask is excellent for the acne-prone skin. It helps you to get rid of acne in few weeks. It is also effective in removing the marks caused by acne.
4. Oatmeal Moisturizing Mask
- Cooked Oatmeal
- Lime Juice
- In a container, mix 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of lime juice to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste all over the face and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
This facial mask is very helpful for the dry face. It keeps the skin hydrated and glowing.
Go for simple yet very effective homemade honey face masks that can be prepared easily at home.
5. Oatmeal and Banana Face Mask
If your skin is extremely dry, then you can use this face mask.
- Ripe Banana
- Apple Juice
- Egg White
- Take 1 ripe banana and mash it properly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt, 1 teaspoon of apple juice and 1 egg white.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on face and neck.
- Wash off with lukewarm water to see the difference.
This is a perfect oatmeal face mask for dry skin.
6. Oatmeal Exfoliating Face Scrub
This is a perfect oatmeal face scrub. Skin exfoliation is essential to remove dead cells and render a clear skin which in turn prevents acne.
- Coffee Powder
- Rose Water
- Take 2 teaspoons of oatmeal powder in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coffee powder, 1 teaspoon of honey and few drops of rose water to form a mix.
- Apply this coarse mix all over the face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes to dry.
- Wet your hands with water and gently scrub in the circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water to get a clean and clear skin. Repeat this process once every week for a flawless skin.
- It is always better to apply ice pack after scrubbing. It helps to close the open pores. You just need to rub ice cubes all over the face.
Here you can get the 5 Amazing Natural Face Masks For Glowing Skin!
7. Oatmeal Avocado Face Mask
- Oatmeal flakes
- Rose Water
- Take a ripe avocado and blend it to form a thick puree.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oatmeal flakes and 2 tablespoons of honey to it to form a fine paste.
- Apply this paste all over face and neck.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cold water. The skin beneath looks moisturized and radiant.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a week for the smooth and glowing skin.
Avocado face masks also serve for a gentle exfoliation. However, this mask is good for sensitive skin.
8. Oatmeal, Honey, and Turmeric Face Mask
- Take 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Add a pinch of turmeric along with water to form a fine paste.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Follow this process 2-3 times in a week for best results.
Turmeric is known for its anti-bacterial properties and is very useful to prevent acne.
The oatmeal honey face mask is commonly used to treat acne. It is a perfect pack to treat acne as well as render a flawless skin.
There are several cosmetic products available in the market. However, most of them may not suit your skin and can be more damaging than good. It is better to use Oatmeal which is easily available in your kitchen to get the everlasting glowing beautiful skin. Hope you liked our tips on Oatmeal Face mask. If you have further tips or suggestions on using Oatmeal for beauty please share with us in the comments section.