Salsa is commonly known as the sauce and this term is mostly used in Italy and Spain. Salsa is yummy to taste and salsa recipe is famous all around the world. It is usually made with fresh tomatoes along with other ingredients to form a super tasty sauce. It is popular across the globe. It can be consumed with sandwiches, fried cheese balls, tortillas and nachos. It also serves as a topping in most of the Mexican dishes.
Usually, people visit various restaurants to have salsa, but very few know that you can easily prepare fresh salsa recipe at home. Let us discuss some salsa recipes which can be easily prepared at home.
Try out homemade spaghetti sauce recipe…
We will begin with the classic salsa recipe.
Classic Salsa Recipe
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- Green chillies (depends on taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add water in a container and heat it till it comes to the boil.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and allow it to boil for some time. Strain the hot water and add cold water to the tomatoes. Now peel the skin of the tomatoes and chop the tomatoes into fine pieces. Keep it aside.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to a pan. Add chopped onions to it followed by a pinch of salt. Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice. The onions become soft and are properly cooked.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes to this mix. Add green chillies, sugar and salt and mix well. Finally, add the coriander leaves and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. If you want the salsa to be hot and spicy, and then add more of chillies else add 1-2 finely chopped chillies.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator overnight so that all the flavours are absorbed in the same.
- The classic salsa makes the salsa recipe easy and good to taste.
We bring 3 healthy low-calorie soup recipes are just for you. Click here to read more…
Homemade Salsa Recipe
Another easy homemade salsa recipe is as follows.
The ingredients remain same as the classic salsa. However, the only twist in this salsa recipe is the addition of garlic and jalapeno.
- Cut boiled tomatoes into small pieces.
- Similarly chop onion and coriander finely.
- Now in a vessel, add 1-2 teaspoon of oil. Add onions to the oil and let it fry for some time. Now add tomatoes, salt, sugar, jalapeno and finely chopped garlic to it. Let the ingredients cook for 5-10 minutes till the tomatoes completely mix with other ingredients to form a puree.
- It has an excellent aroma due to the presence of garlic in this recipe.
The same method is employed in preparing the recipe for fresh salsa. With the slight variance in the ingredients, you can get several recipes for homemade salsa. Also, the homemade Mexican salsa is similar to this recipe, except that after preparation the mix is put in a blender to form puree of desired consistency. It makes an ideal recipe for homemade salsa.
Have you been thinking of tried some sumptuous dishes? Click here to get Sumptuous Lasagna Recipes…
Now that we are already aware, as to how to prepare the world famous salsa recipe, we shall now move on to see how different dishes are prepared using salsa dressing in it. One such recipe is the corn salsa. It is simple and easy to prepare and will leave you craving for more. It is an easy Mexican dish.
Corn Salsa Recipe
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 finely chopped bell pepper
- Black pepper
- Cook the sweet corn for 5-10 minutes in a pressure cooker. Once it becomes soft and ready to consume drain the excess water.
- Strain the corn and keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl, mix chopped bell peppers, onion and coriander leaves. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and mix well. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Now mix the sweet corn to the mix and stir well till the ingredients mix properly. Add 1 tablespoon of salsa salt to the mix.
- Keep it in a refrigerator and serve cold.
This is an easy salsa recipe and is a great starter for party and functions. It can be prepared in few minutes and is good to taste.
Let’s learn how to make easy French toast with variations…
You can also prepare salsa to store in the containers. Below is the recipe for homemade salsa with cilantro for canning.
Homemade Salsa With Cilantro for Canning
- 3-4 airtight jars
- 7-8 tomatoes
- 1-2 finely chopped onions
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 chopped jalapenos
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon of lime juice
- Clean the airtight containers and render it dry. There should not be any trace of moisture present in it.
- Now peel the boiled tomatoes and blend them in a blender to form a puree.
- In a cooking vessel, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add finely chopped onions followed by lime juice. When the onion softens, add all the other ingredients except cilantro.
- Let the ingredient cook for some time. Now add the tomato puree to the mix and allow it to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Once all the ingredients are mixed well, add freshly cut cilantro to it. Let the mix stand for few minutes.
- Now take the airtight jars and fill it with the salsa. Never fill the jar till the mouth. Leave 1/4th of the jar empty. Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice from the top. This acts as a preservative and the salsa can be used for a longer time.
- Now soak these jars in warm water for 15-20 minutes and keep it for further use. Your canned salsa is now ready.
Salsa is a favourite topping for many. Also, it is easy to prepare and you can use it as a dip for various fries and other eatable items. It tastes really well and adds flavour to your dish. Some of the simple ways of preparing salsa recipe have been discussed above. You can make your own modification in the sauce and have them. They are delicious and are perfect for any occasion.