Health Foods are the latest fad and to prepare healthy food is a time investing task! We bring you a little cheat of the traditional patience demanding fermented rice and lentil dhokla and give you quick tricks to make a clever and uber simple Rava or Semolina Dhokla.
Rava Dhokla is a classic dish of the Gujaratis, it is now relished everywhere. It’s a favourite of Kids and keeps Moms happy as it, gets ready in a few minutes, is hassle free of fermenting, It’s steamed and easily digestible making it healthy, and a treat for your taste buds.
So don’t worry if some unexpected guests drop in at tea time! Impress them with this sumptuous instant rava dhokla snack and grab some compliments! So let’s learn how to make instant rava dhokla…
Recommended read: [Yummy Healthy Snacks Ideas that You will Love it!]
You just need a few things handy! They are:
- Rava or Semolina/-1 big bowl
- Besan (Chickpea Flour)- 2tsp
- Citric acid-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda-1tsp
- Sour Curd-2tsp
- Oil-3 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies- 4
- Mustard Seeds-1tsp
- Coriander Leaves- a few fresh stocks
- 1 small sized baking dish
Recommended read: [5 Simple & Healthy Snacks for Kids]
Requirements for Making the Steamer
- Thick bottomed deep dish
- Metallic Sieve
Procedure to Make Rava Dhokla
Before you begin to make the suji dhokla, get the steamer on the flame, so that while you make Rava Dhokla, meanwhile, the steamer gets heated up.
- Take a thick bottomed deep dish and fill it with water up to 1/4th of its capacity.
- Let the water come to a complete boil, as the water reaches a boil, place a medium size metallic sieve that perfectly fits the base of deep dish pot.
- Place the Sieve upside down on top of the boiling water in the deep dish.
Recommended read: [Pina Colada Recipe: How to Make a Pina Colada]
Your Steamer to make the dhokla is ready!
Read Continue to make Rava Dhokla…