Table of Contents Hide
If you are facing a dilemma whether how to make Easy and Yummy Almond Cookies? Then your answer is right here! Nothing shouts Christmas, more than soft and buttery yummy Almond Cookies. Christmas is all about a table filled with delicious and the ultra tasty Almond Cookies being the centre piece. Almond cookies, being a food that is always up for grabs, the question arises how to make Almond Cookies?
From the secret Almond Cookie Recipe that your mom taught you, to the one that that your granny taught your mom, from chocolate glazed ones to the toasted almond topped ones. Almond cookies are plenty, but you need to figure out which Almond Cookie recipe suits your choice. In any form or flavour almond, cookies are awesome to eat and even easier and surprisingly easy. Carrying an old fashioned flavour Almond Cookies are amazing with one cup of tea and thus, these healthy Almond Cookies are ideal for winters.
Click here to learn easy pancake recipes that can be made at home…
Ingredients to Make the Homemade Almond Cookies
- 1 Cup of Blanched whole Almonds
- ½ cup of unsalted butter.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Orange zest
- ¾ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Procedure to Make the Almond Cookies
Procedure to Toast the Almonds-
- Take a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread some Almonds on it.
- Preheat an oven on 350 degrees.
- Place some almonds on the sheet and place the tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until they release fragrance and turn a light golden brown. Allow to cool.
Procedure to Make the Cookies-
- To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And line 2 baking trays, with parchment paper.
- Take about 28-30 Almonds for garnishing and give the rest of the Almonds a quick blitz in the food processor. Just pulse to get granular powder, and not a fine powder.
- In a bowl, beat up sugar and butter; with an electric beater till you get soft peaks. To this, add orange zest, egg and Almond Extract. Keep scraping the mix from the sides of the bowl to ensure uniform beating of the complete mix.
Check out step by step procedure for how to make easy Coconut Cookies.
- Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ones in the beater bowl, gradually spoon by spoon. Follow it by adding the Almond Powder and then do not mix too much.
- Use 1 spoon of the dough to make a single cookie. Start placing them 3-4 cm apart on the baking tray. Pressing lightly in the centre, stick on and garnish the cookie with the toasted Almonds.
- Add a spoon of water to the egg white and brush it all over the cookie.
- Bake the Cookies for 10 minutes or until they look golden in colour. Transfer to a wire rack once they are done and leave them to cool.
And there you have it! Your very own Homemade Almond Cookies are ready in just a few minutes! A complete treat for the whole family! Could you ever imagine making almond cookies at home could be so easy? Gorge on these yummy Almond cookies that will melt in your mouth and are guaranteed to satiate your senses.
Wishing you cookies –filled Merry Christmas!