Diwali is among the much awaited and most colourful festivals in India. Often called the festival of lights, Diwali brings a smile on the faces of the rich and poor alike. It is a time for celebrating with family and friends, and millions of people get a scope to reunite with old friends during Diwali. Apart from the fun and mirth of the festival, Diwali also gives people a chance to satiate their taste buds by gorging on some delicious foods. The type of foods and tasty snacks made during Diwali is varied and people in different corners of India make a wide range of dishes serve the friends and relatives at this time.
Have you been thinking of giving your kids some tasty snacks? Click here to get Sumptuous Lasagna Recipes…
Below listed are top 10 tasty snacks that can be made and served in Diwali. These Diwali snacks are compiled from various part of India and they taste delicious and are easy to make.
Top 10 Tasty Snacks Recipes
1. Papdi Chat
A popular North Indian recipe, papdi chat is found in the menu card of Restaurants in Delhi and NCR. However, it also makes for a fitting Diwali recipe. To make this healthier, you may use baked papdi or flour crispies.
You will require ingredients like flour crispies/papdis, boiled chickpeas, and boiled potatoes. You will also need curd, green mint coriander chutney, sweet tamarind dates chutney. Besides, you may buy papdi chat powder which saves time and get some fresh pomegranate. Some people also use sliced onion rings and tomatoes.
- At first, place the papdis on a plate. Then top these with mashed potatoes and chickpeas.
- Pour a good amount of curd on this.
- Top this with green mint coriander chutney and sweet tamarind dates chutney.
- Now, sprinkle the chat powder atop and drop in a few onion rings to add to the texture.
- Serve it just after making.
If you wish to find healthy & tasty snacks ideas, Read Here…
2. Corn Chaat/Masala Corn
This is a hit with a health conscious lot who want to savour delicious snacks that have low-calorie value. It does not involve cooking as such.
You will need a cup of boiled corn, chopped onion, chopped tomato, coriander leaves. You will also need to use lemon juice, chat masala, rock salt and finely chopped green chillies.
How to Make?
- First of all, you need to take the boiled corn in a bowl.
- Then, mix it well with other vegetables using a spoon.
- Add the salt and lemon juice and stir again.
- Serve after sprinkling chilli on top. The coriander leaves can be used for garnishing.
3. Aloo Tuk
This is a popular Sindhi recipe and can also be used as one of the top Deepawali snacks. It is perfect for vegetarians.
You will need to take boiled potatoes, black salt, and oil. The required spices are red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric, dry mango powder.
How to Make?
- You will need to peel off the boiled potatoes and then cut them into thick rounds using knife.
- Then sprinkle some salt on the potato pieces.
- Now, fry the potato pieces in oil till they turn tender and brownish on both sides.
- Put the fried potato pieces aside on a tissue paper.
- Now, mix all spices together and rub the mix on potato pieces.
- Serve the aloo tuk with tomato sauce while it is still hot.
Love experiment the things,Click here to make pizza at home…
4. Crispy Buttons
This is one amazing tasty snack made with coconut and rice flours that can be served with tea or you may gorge on this anytime. It makes for an excellent dish in Diwali.
You will need to use ingredients like Rice Flour, Bengal Gram dal, Urdal, Moong dal, Grated Coconut, salt, oil and spices like hing and red chili powder. The daals should be 1 spoonful each.
How to Make?
- Mix the daals and rinse them in water.
- Pressure cook and mash them well using ladles.
- Now take a bowl and mix mashed daal, rice flour well.
- Mix it with all other ingredients.
- Add a little water to make a stiff dough.
- Now, take a large white paper and spread on the floor. Cut small balls with a knife and then flatten them like button using palms.
- Let the buttons dry for some time.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and then fry the buttons on low flame.
- They should turn out to be golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towels and store in an airtight jar. Serve them with tea.
5. Chana Dal Namkeen
This is unarguably one of the easy tasty snacks recipes for Diwali you can try. It is ideal to serve to a multitude of guests including the finicky eaters!
You will need to use ingredients like Chana Dal, oil and salt along with spices like Dry Mango powder and red chilli powder.
How to Make?
- At first, wash the daal and soak it overnight.
- Rinse a few more times and dry it well.
- Heat up oil in a deep pan and fry the dal till it becomes golden brown.
- After the daal is well fried, mix with all other ingredients.
- Let it cool and the store in an airtight container. It can be stored for a few months without problems.