Kiwi is a wonder fruit. It is a small shape fruit however size does not matter all the time! Kiwi has amazing benefits which most of us are not even aware of. Very few people know that kiwi has wonder effects on skin, hair, and health and kiwi face mask is great for the skin. It is rich in Vitamin C which is essential for the skin. It also contains a substantial amount of Vitamin A, magnesium, iron and calcium along with other essential nutrients.
Origin of Kiwi
Kiwi fruit originated from China and hence is considered to be the national fruit of the country. It was cultivated way back in 19th century in China, however, its benefits were not explored at that time. The potential of Kiwi fruit was recognized by the people in New Zealand and it was finally named as Kiwi only, as all of us know the Kiwi bird is the national bird of New Zealand.
Today Kiwi finds its place in several countries including India. It is a green colour fruit and has small black seeds which give a bright look to the fruit. It mostly tastes sweet; however, it depends on the ripeness of the fruit. It can be eaten raw as it is a juicy fruit, some people also make cakes out of Kiwi fruit which tastes equally well.
Kiwi Face Masks and Benefits of Kiwi Fruit for Skin
Let us find out some of the key benefits of Kiwi fruit for skin and kiwi face masks.
1. Controls Excess Oil Secretion
Kiwi is very useful for oily skin as it controls the sebum formation in the skin. This, in turn, prevents acne, pimples and prevents sticky and oily skin.
- Lemon juice
- Take 1 Kiwi and mash it thoroughly to extract the juice from it.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it and apply it all over the face and neck.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wipe off with a wet towel or wash off with cold water.
- Repeat twice in a week to control excess oil secretion.
You can also use the kiwi pulp on the face and massage gently for desired results.
2. Anti-Aging Property
As Kiwi is packed with all the essential vitamins including Vitamin C, it slows down the process of aging. It prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines and gives you a clean and flawless skin. Kiwi face mask along with almonds forms an excellent anti-aging mask.
- 10 Soaked almonds
- 1 kiwi
- Take the soaked almonds and grind it using pestle and mortar.
- Blend 1 kiwi in a blender properly.
- Add the almond paste to the mashed kiwi.
- Apply the Kiwi face mask all over the face and neck.
- Leave it for some time and wash off with cold water.
This method can be followed once in a week to get a youthful glowing skin.
3. Reduces Dark Circles
Dark circles have become a common problem today. The dark circles present underneath your eyes makes your face look really ugly. Kiwi is a wonder fruit and helps to lighten the dark circles.
- Cut few slices of kiwi.
- Places the slices on the eyes and rest for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the slices and wash your eyes with normal water.
- Repeat this method daily to see a reduction in dark circles.
4. Prevents Sunburns
Kiwi is a rich source of Vitamin C and it is also known for its cooling properties.
- Mash a kiwi fruit and apply it on the sunburn areas of the face and skin.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash off with normal water.
- Repeat this process once daily to reduce the sunburns.
Regular application of kiwi also prevents sunburns. It protects the skin from harmful UV rays and prevents damage caused by the sun.
5. Kiwi Face Mask for Dry Skin
Kiwi fruit, when mixed with other ingredients, is excellent for dry skin. It prevents scaly and dry skin and nourishes the skin deeply.
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mash one kiwi and collect it in a container.
- Add a large tablespoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste all over the face and neck.
- Allow it to dry completely and wash off with lukewarm water.
You can follow this method 2 times in a week to prevent scaly and patchy skin and you will get a smooth and supple skin.
6. Kiwi as a Scrub
Kiwi fruit promotes fairness of the skin and removes the dead cells from the skin. Hence your skin feels smooth all the time.
- Lemon juice
- Soak Oatmeal in a container for half an hour.
- Drain the excess liquid and add one mashed kiwi, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on the face and neck.
- Allow it to dry for some time.
- Soak your hands in water and scrub your face in a circular motion in the upward direction.
- Wash off your face with cold water and pat dry.
Scrubbing your face on a weekly basis helps to remove dust, dirt and dead cells. It also unblocks the clogged pores and helps your skin to breathe. Scrubbing also helps in blood circulation and your skin looks fresh and glowing.
How to Make Body Scrub At Home? Just click here to read on…
7. Cell Generation
The Vitamin E component present in kiwi is good for cell generation. Vitamin E is an essential vitamin required by the skin which helps in regeneration of the cells. This, in turn, keeps the skin healthy, clean and supple.
Kiwi also helps to fight against skin diseases. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acid, a compound which protects the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
Kiwi fruit is widely known for its benefits. It is always advantageous to eat the fruit regularly as the body gets the essential vitamins and nutrients from the fruit. It is advisable to include this fruit in your daily diet. It is rightly said to glow from outside you should glow from within. Try the above household tips and see the difference.
Hope you found this article useful. In case you have any suggestion or feedback, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.
Originally posted 2017-03-22 17:02:14. Republished by Blog Post Promoter