Coconut Cookies : How to Make Delicious Homemade Christmas Cookies?
Wondering how to make Coconut Cookies? With Christmas around the corner, this question often compels you to hit the supermarket and grab a pack of readymade ones. On the other hand, during Christmas, the air is filled with the warm fragrance of melting chocolate, cookies and cakes baking in the oven. Not only during Christmas but throughout the year, Coconut Cookies is one such Dessert that remains an all-time favourite.
Every family has a Grandma’s Secret Coconut Cookie Recipe. There are ample Christmas cookie recipes, but Coconut cookies always remain an ace pick. Coconut cookies, if seen is concisely a cross between a coconut macaroon and sweet and chewy shortbread butter cookies. Whether old or young, these cookies are a favourite of everybody and every age. Homemade coconut cookies have their own distinct taste and a personalized touch.
- Are you looking for snack recipes for kids that you can surprise your toddler? Click here for simple recipes that your kid will certainly love it…
How to make Coconut Cookies is no rocket science! Shred, toast and bake your Coconut, and make Healthy Cookies with them. Let’s have a look at How to Make Easy Coconut Cookies.
Ingredients to Make Easy Homemade Coconut Cookies
- 120 grams Butter,
- 100 grams icing sugar,
- 130 grams All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda,
- 80 grams Desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoon Milk Powder
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder (optional)
- Do you want to learn how to make pizza at home? Click here for step by step procedure…
Step By Step Procedure for Coconut Cookies
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Take a bowl and sieve and mix in the dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, baking powder, and milk powder.
- In another bowl take the butter at room temperature and beat it until it becomes light and fluffy and gives you soft peaks.
- Add the dry ingredients mix and Icing sugar to this beaten butter along with Desiccated Coconut and Cardamom powder (optional).
- Mix well and form the dough of this mix. Keep this dough in a warm place covered with a cloth and give it some time (20 mins) to rise and absorb in all the flavours.
- With the help of a cookies cutter, cut out cookies of the desired shape.
- Place the cookies 2-3 inches apart on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Give the tray a standing time of 2-5 minutes after the baking time ends. Transfer on a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you are thinking how to make a healthy smoothie, just click here for the quick way to make this healthy breakfast…
Your very own yummy cookies are ready. It is such an amazingly easy cookie recipe. You will find endless cookie recipes with coconut, but this basic coconut cookie recipe remains unmatched.
So this Christmas, bake your very own version of Homemade Coconut Cookies, and as a superb gift idea wrap them up in a beautiful little cookie box and gift them to your loved ones.
As they say, food is the best expression of love!