Table of Contents Hide
- 10 Foods for Healthy Heart
- 1. Black Beans for Blood Sugar Control
- 2. Salmons to Keep Blood Pressure Under Check
- 3. Tuna Fish for Low BP Patients
- 4. Tofu for No Cholesterol Regime
- 5. Sweet Potato for a Healthy Heart
- 6. Swiss Chard for High Blood Pressure
- 7. Barley – Heart Friendly Cereal
- 8. Blueberries Prevent Heart Diseases
- 9. Oatmeal Checks Cholesterol Levels
- 10. Almond – All-Time Favorite for a Good Heart
- Related to this topic
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Human body’s most precious organ is the heart. Most of the time we hear that there are animals with multiple hearts but humans have only one heart and we should take care of it and why not. After all, it is not only an essential organ for pumping blood but also for sentiments, love, and compassion. So it is essential to maintain its health using 10 foods for healthy heart.
Now the question arises: is maintaining the heart health really difficult? The answer is certainly no. We can eat fresh, stay fit and maintain a good lifestyle. The human body can take care of itself. We just need to support the system. That’s all.
Any diseases related to heart are fatal. The treatment also involves a lot of money and the success story of treatment is also less. The affordability also is a matter of concern about heart disease. So why not have some delicious yet 10 foods for healthy heart.
10 Foods for Healthy Heart
1. Black Beans for Blood Sugar Control
The black beans are known to be a good source of nutrients which helps to keep a healthy heart.
- It also contains folate, antioxidants and magnesium which helps in lowering blood pressure.
- The fiber contains also controls blood sugar level and cholesterol levels.
- Take some tender black beans and add it your soup or salad daily to keep your heart healthy.
2. Salmons to Keep Blood Pressure Under Check
It is known to be a superfood for the heart.
- It has a lot of omega 3 fatty acids which reduces the chances of heartbeat rhythm disorder and also lowers blood pressure.
- It also lowers inflammation.
- You can cook salmon fish with vegetables also.
- You can have salmon twice in a week to keep your heart healthy.
3. Tuna Fish for Low BP Patients
- Like salmon tuna fish also have a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids in it.
- The white tuna even contains more of omega 3 fatty acid.
- You can prepare curry or fry using tuna fish.
- You can have this fish twice in a week.
It is always better to have steamed fish or shallow fried ones. Deeply fried fish loses its medicinal value and hence will not be as effective as expected.
4. Tofu for No Cholesterol Regime
Tofu contains great for of vegetarian soy protein and other minerals, fiber and polyunsaturated fats.
- Slice or chop Tofu and have it with soup or salad. You can also munch on a tofu sandwich.
- This is very good for the heart as it has a lot of heart-friendly proteins and minerals.
5. Sweet Potato for a Healthy Heart
Many people are unaware of the fact that sweet potato contains less sugar than regular potatoes.
- It reduces that quick spike in blood sugar level as compared to regular potatoes.
- It also contains fibers, vitamin A and lycopene with is a heart friendly.
- Boil sweet potatoes and can have it directly, it tastes very good and also is the healthiest way to have it boiled.
- You can also prepare curry by adding it to other vegetables.
6. Swiss Chard for High Blood Pressure
This is a thick and dark green leafy vegetable.
- It contains a high amount of potassium and magnesium.
- The mineral present in it is very helpful in reducing blood sugar pressure.
- This has all the healthy heart friendly fibers and vitamins.
- It also contains antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin.
7. Barley – Heart Friendly Cereal
This is a whole grain which can be replaced with rice. There is a lot of fiber contains in this which is very useful in lowering cholesterol level and blood sugar.
- You can make soup and stew out of it.
- This is the most nutritious whole grain.
- These are roasted and can be a super cereal for breakfast or a side dish.
- The healthy fibers keep heart healthy.
- Switch to barley products in place of rice.
- It will boost up your immune system as well.
8. Blueberries Prevent Heart Diseases
This is a very good natural source of nutrition and contains anthocyanins. These are blood vessel-helping antioxidants. Blueberries also contain fibers and other good nutrients.
- Eat a handful of berries every day to keep your heart healthy.
- You can also drink fresh blueberry juice or add them to your fruitful.
- Regular consumption of these berries will prevent any heart-related diseases.
9. Oatmeal Checks Cholesterol Levels
Oatmeal is a very well known as a healthy breakfast. This is a very good heart friendly breakfast.
- It keeps the blood sugar level at stable conditions.
- The fiber content in oats can be helpful to heart by lowering bad cholesterol in your body.
- This can also be prepared using milk.
- Add some of your favorite fruits to make healthy and tasty breakfast.
10. Almond – All-Time Favorite for a Good Heart
Almond is a very good food for our body. It is a good source of plant sterols, fibers. This also contains all heart-friendly fats. Almonds help in lowering the bad cholesterol called LDL in our body.
- Eat a handful of Almonds daily to boost your friendly fats.
- Toast few Almonds and keep in stock to have to in small snack breaks.
- You can also soak almonds in water and let it stay for the whole night.
- Early morning, eat the almonds and drink the water in which almonds were soaked.
The Heart is a vital organ in the body. It is always better to eat heart-friendly food to keep it up and running. These 10 foods for healthy heart prevent cholesterol deposition in the heart and any complicated diseases.
None of us want to die young and with a lot of diseases. Just replace some of your daily food with these healthy diet programs and see the difference. After all, your longevity and wellness are in your hands!
It is always advisable to eat these 10 foods for healthy heart and stay fit. Hope you found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.