In today’s world where most of the people want to lose weight, there are some people who are too skinny and would like to gain weight. Eating oily and junk food can help you put on weight very easily however it lowers body metabolism and reduces immunity. It is an unhealthy way of gaining weight. Therefore it is always advisable to gain weight in the right way. Below are some easy home remedies to gain weight easily and in a healthy manner.
Home Remedies to Gain Weight
Potatoes are a rich in carbohydrates and help you to gain weight faster.
- You can add potatoes to the curries or can have boiled potatoes, baked ones or even fried ones.
- Boiled potatoes are good for health, therefore boil 2-3 potatoes and season it with salt and pepper.
- Include this in your diet regularly to see a significant difference in weight.
Avoid eating too much-fried potatoes as it will help you gain weight but will also add up cholesterol to the body. This is more damaging to the body. Therefore, always prefer boiled potatoes or the ones tossed in less oil.
2. Milk Shakes To Put On Weight
Milk is a whole food and has all the essential nutrients packed in it which increases bone strength.
- Take any fruit of your choice such as banana, apples, mangoes etc and smash it with the help of a blender.
- Now add milk to it and add a teaspoon of sugar and few drops of honey to form a smooth milkshake.
- Drink it once or twice in a day for best results. This helps you to gain weight in a healthy way.
Sugar helps to put on weight but in the long run, sugar is not good for health. It may lead to diabetes and other complications as well.
It is, therefore, better to avoid sugar in your food. To start with you can add sugar in the milkshake but after a week try avoiding the same and use only honey.
3. Red Meat
Red meat is rich in protein and fat.
- You can have at least 250 grams of red meat twice in a week to gain weight significantly.
- Red meat requires more time to cook therefore it is better to cook it in a pressure cooker.
- You can prepare curry out of it or you can also have grilled meat.
- Also, include slices of red meat in salads.
Undoubtedly, red meat has a great taste. However, do not consume too much meat. It is difficult to digest and can contain very high fat which can deposit cholesterol in the body.
4. Cheese – Home Remedies to Gain Weight
Cheese is considered to be a very nutritious food and is a rich source of protein and fat.
- You can include cheese in most of your diets such as use cheese spread or cheese slices in the sandwich.
- Grate cheese and you can use them as toppings on your salad or any kind of baked items.
- Consume cheese 2-3 times in a week.
- As cheese is a by-product of milk it also helps in strengthening the bones.
Dairy products are good to put on weight. However, consuming too much cheese can put on excess weight.
5. Nuts To Gain Weight Faster
Nuts are the rich source of fiber and regular consumption of nuts helps you to gain weight faster.
- You can include nuts such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts, figs, apricots, raisins, cashew nuts etc. in your diet.
- Regularly munch on a handful of nuts to put on weight.
- It is also better to eat these nuts along with a glass of milk regularly to gain weight effectively.
Do not eat too much of cashew nuts as it can increase cholesterol in the body. However, nuts like almonds and walnuts are rich in essential nutrients and can be munched on liberally.
Rice has a high content of carbohydrates.
- Eating rice 2-3 times in a day helps in putting weight easily and in a healthy manner.
- You can eat plain rice or prepare different rice items such as fried rice, steam rice, tomato rice etc.
- If you are a non-vegetarian you can prepare mixed rice containing different ingredients such as prawns, fish chicken etc.
- Eating rice in the night time is beneficial to put on weight.
However, eating carbohydrates on a daily basis helps to gain substantial weight but even too much carbohydrate is not good for human body.
In case, you are consuming a lot of carbohydrates, it is equally important to workout daily.
7. Pasta – Diet To Gain Weight Rapidly
Pasta is a high-calorie diet.
- To make it healthy you can cook pasta with vegetables of your choice such as carrots, beans, peas, cauliflower etc.
- You can also add grated cheese to the pasta.
- You can also prepare salads containing pasta. It will be healthy as well as helps in weight gain.
- Eat at least 3-4 times in a week to gain weight rapidly.
Once you have gained weight, stop eating pasta. Pasta is a very pure form of wheat which lacks essential nutrients. It is equivalent to consuming carbohydrate on a daily basis. It can have a negative effect on health.
8. Bananas – Home Remedies to Gain Weight Fast
Banana is known to increase your weight instantly.
- Eating ripe banana daily can bring about a significant difference in your weight.
- You can eat banana directly or add them to a fruit bowl or you can prepare delicious smoothie out of it.
- Blend 1-2 ripe bananas and add 2 cups of milk to it.
- Add sugar and few drops of honey and blend it to form a smooth mix.
- Drink it twice every day to see visible changes.
Banana helps you to put on significant weight. Consuming banana is good for your health as well. It is always advisable to eat a banana as a fruit than milkshakes and the smoothie.
The sweet and delicious mangoes can help you put on weight easily.
- Prepare mango shake by mixing it with milk and sugar. This will increase your weight faster.
- Also, you can cut slices of mango and include in your diet regularly.
- You can also have few scoops of mango ice cream as well 1-2 times in a week.
Mangoes are delicious home remedies to gain weight. However, remember eating too many mangoes generate heat in the body and there are chances that you may get pimples on your face and heat boils in a body.
10. Eggs to Gain Weight
Eggs are protein-rich food and help to gain weight.
- You can include boiled eggs or scrambled eggs in your diet followed by a glass of milk.
- It is better to eat the egg whites than yolk because yolk may increase cholesterol level in the body.
- You can prepare egg sandwich and top it up with cheese and butter which contribute towards weight gain.
Weight gain in a controlled manner is always welcome. In some of the food mentioned in this article, we have mentioned sugar too as one of the ingredients; however, have sugar only in the first week. At a later stage, replace sugar with honey.
It is always better to gain weight in a healthier manner and eating homemade and natural food, rather than depending too much on weight gain products. Hope you found these home remedies to gain weight useful. In case of suggestions or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.
Read more – Top 8 Ways To Gain Weight Fast Naturally!