We all have a hectic and stressful life that does not allow us to concentrate on our health and live in a healthy way. Stress and anxiety leads to unhealthy eating habits, smoking and drinking which in turn leads to excess accumulation of unhealthy fat. With the accumulation of unhealthy fat, a wide variety of illness and diseases strike us in our early years. Hence we bring here yoga poses for weight loss.
Have you ever realized how important it is to be fit and healthy? The first step towards leading a healthy life is to lose the unhealthy fat accumulated in our body. Have you tried crash diets or tedious workouts at gym to lose weight and failed miserably? Have you ever considered yoga poses for weight loss? Yes, the best solution to weight loss in a healthy and efficient manner is yoga.
Amazing Yoga Poses for Weight Loss
Yoga poses for weight loss are the best remedy and solution to losing weight in an efficient manner. By adopting yoga into your daily regime you can reduce weight, calm the mind and reduce stress. This helps in building self-esteem and the self-confidence you lost due to an unhealthy body. Following are some yoga poses for weight loss.
1. Veerabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
Veerabhadrasana is also called as the “Warrior Pose” and is one of the best yoga poses for weight loss. It strengthens the back muscles, thighs, arms, shoulders and arms. It gives a toning effect on the body and increases your stamina.
How to Do It?
- Stand straight and keep your legs apart.
- Bring your arms above your head in a stretching position.
- Clasp your hands together and turn your torso to the right side.
- Keep your knee bent and stretch your abdominal muscles.
- Count till 1 minute staying in the same position.
- Repeat this procedure with the other leg.
2. Paripurna Navasana (Boat Pose)
This is one of the best techniques to lose weight with yoga. It is considered to be one of the best tummy exercises that burn the unhealthy fat in the abdomen regions and helps tone the muscles surrounding that area.
How to Do It?
- Lie down flat on the back with the hands on your either side and keep your feet joined.
- Lift your chest off the ground and stretch the hands towards the feet.
- Keep this position till the count of 1 minute and breathe normally.
- Slowly return to the normal position.
3. Baddha Konasana
For those aiming to lose weight with yoga, this is the best asana. It is also called the cobbler’s pose and ideal for beginners who want to lose weight. This form of asana stretches the lower part of the body, thighs, legs and abdomen thereby helping to reduce fat and tone the body. Baddha Konasana is also known to reduce depression, stress, anxiety and treat illnesses like asthma and infertility.
How to Do It?
- Sit down in an upright position with your back and spine straight.
- Bend your knees and keep the soles of your feet facing each other.
- Stay in this pose for a minute and repeat as this asana as many as times you want during your exercise regime.
You will love read What is ‘Surya Namaskar Yoga’ (Sun Salutation Yoga) and How To Do It…
Vrksasana is also called the tree pose which is one of the best yoga poses for weight loss. It helps tone the muscles of your abdomen, thighs and arms thereby reducing unnecessary fat.
How to Do It?
- Stand straight and keep your legs together.
- Raise one leg such that you keep your foot facing inwards towards the opposite knee.
- Now place the heel of your foot on the inner thigh of other leg.
- Stretch and clasp your hands together above your head towards the ceiling.
- Maintain your balance and count between 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
Also called the camel pose, Ustrasana is one the best yoga poses for weight loss as it mainly targets the tummy and abdominal region. Since the tummy is the toughest region to lose weight, this form of exercise helps you easily burn fat in that region. It also helps reduce fat in the hips and thighs which are also stubborn parts of the body to lose weight. Ustrasana along with helping to lose weight, also improves the flexibility of the body, strengthens the back muscles and stimulates the thyroid gland.
How to Do It?
- Stand on your knees and place your hands on your hips
- Hold your heels and stretch by looking above towards the ceiling
- Stretch out the tummy and chest by bending backwards
- Leave the complete weight in your arms
- Hold on to this position for 30 to 60 seconds
- Repeat this procedure 3-4 times in a day
All the above mentioned poses are mainly targeted for weight loss, but are known to reduce stress, anxiety and also improve digestion. These yoga asanas help you maintain a calm mind and fit body.
Don’t miss to read here the important Guidelines for a Healthy Weight Loss…
How Does Yoga Promote Weight Loss?
Yoga and weight loss go hand in hand as this form of exercise helps burn fat in a natural and healthy manner. You need not strive to achieve those crash diets or tedious work outs at the gym. Following are some of the ways yoga addresses weight loss in your body.
1. Stimulates Thyroid Gland
The thyroid gland is a hormone secreting gland that produces TSH, T3 and T4 and plays a key role in metabolism. Ensuring proper metabolism enables the breakdown of fat at a faster rate. For those who have a thyroid dysfunction, yoga is the best way to get your thyroid gland back in order.
2. Increases Body Heat
Yoga increases the warmth in your body and excess heat generated helps burning the stubborn visceral fat and sub-cutaneous fat accumulated in the body.
3. Stimulates the liver
Liver is the most important organ in the body that helps in detoxification of harmful toxins and removes them from the body, thereby providing a cleansing effect on the body. Yoga helps in increasing the functionality of the liver that helps it eliminate the bad fat from the body.
4. Strikes a Balance in the Nervous System
Often stress poses as a major reason for weight gain. Yoga helps reduce stress and anxiety, thereby calming the nervous system and helping you lose weight in a natural and healthy way.
So what are you waiting for? Desperate to lose weight but in a healthy and efficient manner? Yoga is the best remedy. Switch to these yoga poses daily and attain that gorgeous looking body.