Benefits of Surya Namaskar Yoga For Weight Loss!
We all want to shed every extra pound of flesh-creeping on our body. It gets tedious at times when you have to sweat it out in the gym or depend on some bizarre diets. But not if you trust the power of yoga! 12 steps of Surya Namaskar or Sun salutation can help you get rid of excess fat quite easily. There are many benefits of Surya Namaskar yoga for weight loss. However, you must follow it religiously for effective results. No wonder that people around the world are embracing this ancient Indian practice of paying obeisance to the rising sun.
If you do not know what is Sun salutation Yoga and how to do it, click here to read on…
How to Do Surya Namaskar Yoga for Weight Loss Effectively?
Surya Namaskar yoga for weight loss includes 12 postures that must be followed precisely. They begin from stretching the right side of the body and then, the left side. It makes one complete round of Surya namaskar yoga for weight loss. This intense yoga practice is complete body workout with impact on each part of your system.
How to do Surya Namaskar Step by Step?
For achieving your goals, you must understand and gain expertise in Surya namaskar yoga for weight loss. The postures to be followed in Surya namaskar to lose weight are:
- Stand straight and fold your hands in prayer.
- Breathe in, join your palms and raise them in the air. Bend slightly towards your back. This posture stretches your spine.
- Breathe out. Bring your both hands down to touch the floor, keeping your knees straight. This step helps to burn extra fat from the stomach.
- Take your right leg backwards, bringing down knee to touch the floor. Look up and keep left leg between your palms.
- Breathe in and take your left leg also backwards.
- Breathe out and bring knees to the floor. Let your chin and chest touch the floor while keeping your hips slightly backwards. Eight parts of your body should touch the floor in this step.
- Sliding forward, raise your chest and look up.
- Breathe out and lift up your hips. Keep the chest down to make a triangular pose.
- Inhale and bring your right foot forward and left knee down on the floor. Look up now to make an Equestrian pose.
- Breathe out. Bring forward your left foot and keep palms on the floor.
- Join both palms and lift them up bending slightly backwards.
- Exhale and stand straight to relax your complete body.
These are Surya namaskar steps for weight loss. Once you master them, you can easily lose many calories from your body.
Tips for Weight Loss Through Surya Namaskar
For achieving positive results for weight loss through Surya namaskar, follow these simple tips every day:
- Precision is the key to doing Surya namaskar for weight loss. You must learn these 12 postures accurately.
- Some warm up exercises before this yoga will prove to be fruitful.
- It is necessary to remain empty stomach for Surya namaskar to lose weight. Maintain a gap of two hours between your meal and this regimen.
- Be slow and steady while doing Surya namaskar yoga for weight loss. You will master this art in 15-20 days and your time of completing all the steps will decrease simultaneously.
- Many people are unaware as to how many Surya namaskar per day is required for weight loss. Well, you need to start with 12 rounds per day and increase it as per your expertise.
If you want to shed the extra baggage of stress from your lifestyle, here are simple relaxation techniques that take hardly 10 minutes…
- After Surya namaskar, you must do some simple relaxation poses like Shavasana or corpse posture.
- Listen to some soothing music to rev up your mood throughout this yoga to keep you motivated.
Calories Burnt by Surya Namaskar
It is needless to say that sun salutation certainly helps to burn calories. It has been proven by studies that sun salutation end up burning up to 4 calories per minute. In completing one full round, you may succeed in reducing around 13.9 calories. 30 minutes of sun salutation per day can burn 417 calories from your body. Just keep on increasing the number of rounds till you reach the magical figure you have been waiting for. So, here, we will let these figures do all the talking! No more going to the gym and lifting weights. Just turn to the power of yoga to get fitter and well-toned body.