Here we will come to know some of the easy tips on how to lose lower belly fat? Why is it so important to lose the lower belly fat?
We get ready to go somewhere and you wear one of those best fitting dress to look dapper and damn! You see that small pooch on the lower belly. Not so pleasing to see and you tend to get a little depressed. Apart from not so great to see, the lower stomach fat can also be dangerous. Also, knows as the visceral fat, this fat is stored around the stomach or in and around the organs. This type of fat can be dangerous to health as it can result in increasing the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.
Now, how to lose lower belly fat? Quite tricky and takes the time to lose. But certain dedicated lifestyle changes and dietary patterns can be the answer to achieve the goals.
How to Lose Lower Belly Fat?
1. Reducing The Calorie Intake
If you need to lower the fat accumulated in the stomach, you need to reduce the overall caloric intake. There is nothing like you can just focus on the stomach fat and reduce only that portion. If you want to lose belly fat, you need to lower the total body weight by reducing the calorie intake.
- Keep a journal or a food guide about how much calories are you eating everyday. This will help you in getting an idea about what you are eating and how much are you eating.
- Now subtract 500 calories from the total calories that you eat everyday. This small and gradual decrease can bring down the pounds and help you lose up to ½ kg per week.
2. Improve On The Protein Content In Your Diet
High protein diet helps you to boost metabolism and increase a number of calories burned. It reduces the appetite and makes you eat lesser calories later.
- Prefer lean meats like skinless chicken than red meats like lamb, pork or beef.
- Include whey in your diet.
- Tofus, soya, low fat cottage cheeses and egg white are a must in your diet.
3. How to Lose Lower Belly Fat With The Intake Of Carbohydrates?
Eating too much carbohydrate can add to your waistline. When we eat too much of carbs, the calories that are not presently needed in the body gets converted into triglycerides and gets stored as fats. Carbohydrates can also stimulate insulin hormone which works in the body to store fat.
- Avoid crackers, pretzels or even breads. Even watch out for foods high in sugars, honey, molasses, corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup. Beware of processed low-fat foods as they have high sugar levels that spike your blood glucose levels and raise your triglyceride levels.
- Prefer foods that raise the blood sugar levels slowly or foods with low glycemic index.Prefer foods like apple, lentils, peas, grapefruit, green beans, cherries, chickpeas and kidney beans that are low in glycemic index.
- Prefer foods that are unprocessed, low in fructose, carbohydrates that come from vegetables and whole grains that are high in fiber and low in calories.
4. Drinking Alcohol? NoNo!
We know stress and strain of our everyday life take a toll on our peace of mind but drinking alcohol is not the solution for that. Alcohol impairs the functions of liver thus hampering the metabolism of fat. Alcohol consumption leads to fat gain rather than fat loss. Alcohol provides 7 calories per gram. Now that’s slightly higher than carbohydrates and proteins. To add to that, alcohol contains calories without nutrients or as we say empty calories. On consuming alcohol, liver is busy in processing alcohol that all other metabolic functions take a back seat leading to stubborn fat accumulation and high cholesterol. 2 to 3 drinks a day can add up to 400 calories extra each and every day. Now that’s unnecessary extra calories that you are adding.
Alcohol consumption stops the fat burning process, adds extra calories and stimulates appetite.
- Alcohol in moderation is recommended.
- Prefer red wine than beer. Beer, prepared in hops are fat gaining and difficult in fat loss.
- Avoid sweet drink with added sugar as it causes spike in blood sugar.
- Avoid high carbohydrate snack with alcohol to avoid insulin elevation and hence higher levels of fat in the blood stream.
5. How to Lose Lower Belly Fat With the Intake Of Fruit and Vegetable?
“A vegetable or a fruit has a magic wand of melting the belly fat away and giving you a perfectly toned body”. That’s not possible. You are thinking wrongly. Fruits and vegetables are best for weight reduction and thus reducing the total fat percentage and thus it helps in reducing the midsection too.
- Improve the calcium content of our body through in take of fruits and vegetables. Green leafy vegetables like kale, dandelion or even okra can help to bring up the calcium content from 10 to 14 percent. Add leafy veggies into soups or curries, even add greens into the scrambled eggs or omelets.
- Prefer water dense fruits and vegetable that will keep you hydrated but will not add the calories. Cucumber, turnips, radish, tomatoes and celery are water based vegetables whereas watermelons, grapefruit, pineapple and rhubarb are the fruits.
- Make a point to start your meal with a green salad, add more veggies into the sauces that are added to pastas. Just adding fruits and vegetables into your processed, refined or packaged foods will not do wonders. Preferably add fruits and veggies into unprocessed foods or whole grains, low-fat dairy products and lean proteins like chicken, fish, nuts or beans.
6. Include Foods Rich In Monounsaturated Fats (MUFAs)
Improving the Monounsaturated fat quality of the diet is essential. It not only helps to reduce the belly fat but also help in controlling the satiety and reduces the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. MUFA rich diet help in controlling the spike in blood sugar and hence prevent belly fat accumulation.
- Include MUFA rich food in every meal.
- MUFA rich foods include nuts, flaxseeds, olives, seeds, avocados, canola oil, groundnut oil, sesame seed oil, soybean and dark chocolates.
- However, you need to be careful and control the intake of these MUFA rich foods considering a number of calories these foods can add. Add small but regular intake of MUFA rich foods to your meals.
7. Be Active
Incorporate aerobic exercise into your health regimen. Cardiovascular exercises help to speed up the metabolism and burn calories so that you can lose weight overall.
- 30 minutes of exercise everyday need to be done. You can even bring up to 60 minutes of workout.
- Jogging, brisk walking, swimming, biking and hiking are the exercises that can be included.
- If possible, it would be effective if we do high-intensity interval training as it helps to lose more fat from the stomach than your regular cardio exercise.The high-intensity interval training is done for a short period of time but works on the body effectively. Alternating shorter duration of high-intensity workouts with moderate intensity exercise is what is done.
- Get an efficient and full body strength training workout and an extra dose of a cardio workout through Tabata training.This training alternates 20 seconds of training with 10 seconds of recovery. Tabata workout includes 6 different exercises like lunges, pushups, squats, dips, planks and bent over rows. Do eight rounds of each exercise.
8. Manage The Stress
Stress results in an increase in cortisol levels, a steroid hormone and if that remains high for too long, it increases the amount of fat that you hold in your belly.
- Keep some time to meditate, join yoga classes and identify and deal with regular stressors in your life. Keep some time free for your family and get enough of sleep.
- Avoid foods that can cause inflammation like foods high in Trans fats, saturated fats and low in fiber as it can cause an elevation in cortisol levels.
Hence stress management with dietary changes and physical activity will help us to deal with accumulated lower stomach fat faster and effectively.
By following the above advice on “How to lose lower belly fat” once can certainly achieve the perfect looking flat abdomen. It takes time, patience and lot of determination to achieve the results but in the end it proves fruitful for sure.
If you enjoyed reading this article then why not share “how to lose lower belly fat” tips with your friends on Social media? Also please give your valuable feedback in the comments section below.