Have you tried many weight loss programs, slimming therapies and crash diets to lose weight and not satisfied? In today’s stressful lives that we lead, obesity has become a common problem that plagues all. Thus, weight loss is extremely important to lead a healthy and de-stressed life. However, this does not mean that you compromise on the nutrition and health to lose weight. Weight loss in a healthy way is the ideal goal to remain healthy in the longer run. But, Is garlic good for weight loss?
Have you ever tried the perfect combination to lose weight? Did you imagine that certain foods can be considered to lose weight? There are many foods that possess immense health benefits and are ideal for weight loss. Garlic is one such food that is known to have immense health benefits and has a huge impact on weight loss as well. Is garlic good for weight loss? The answer is yes. Garlic is a miracle food for weight loss. Following are some health benefits of garlic and how it helps in weight loss.
Is Garlic Good for Weight Loss and Health? How Does It Help?
Garlic is known for a long time in history for its immense health benefits, ailment treating properties and weight loss. Are you wondering how garlic works towards weight loss? Is garlic good for weight loss? Well here it goes.
1. Appetite Killer
Consuming garlic triggers the satiety hormone that reduces the craving and stops you from overeating. It also reduces binge eating, junk food and fried stuff.
2. Boosts Metabolism
Garlic release a neurotransmitter called “norepinephrine”, which boosts metabolism and in turn aids the burning of calories.
3. Lower Blood Pressure and Insulin Levels
Garlic is rich in a compound called “Allicin” that reduces cholesterol, decreases blood pressure and lowers insulin levels in the body. Hence the body is indirectly regulated to maintain a healthy weight.
You may also want to learn about Garlic Oil benefits for health.
4. Breakdown of Stored Fats
Garlic improves metabolism and aids the breakdown of stored fats and uses it up for energy.
Garlic acts as a powerful detoxifier and excellent diuretic. This keeps a check on the toxin levels in the body. The diuretic properties of garlic keep kidney related disorders at bay.
6. Removes Excess Mucus
Consuming garlic every day in your diet helps to eliminate excess mucus from the body.
7. Nutrition Powerhouse
Garlic is rich in trace minerals such as iron, copper, selenium, zinc, Sulphur and magnesium. It is also rich in essential vitamins and amino acids. While you consume garlic for weight loss, you can rest assured that you won’t be compromised on nutrition.
8. Anti-bacterial and Anti-inflammatory Properties
Garlic has been widely known since ancient times for its ailment treating properties. The main reason is because garlic possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and protects the body from infections.
If you are looking for the natural ways to lose weight, then you will love to get here some best home remedies for weight loss…
How to Use Garlic for Weight Loss?
Garlic is a wonder food revered for its health benefits and impact on weight loss. So if you are wondering how to include garlic for weight loss, there are several ways to include garlic in your diet. Following are some simple ways to get garlic into your diet.
1. Garlic Cloves
One of the best methods to include garlic for weight loss is to use garlic cloves as a seasoning or consume it raw on empty stomach.
- Crush 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Set aside for 10 to 15 min. Garlic interacts with the oxygen in the environment and produces allicin.
- You can use it as a seasoning for cooking or frying garlic in several dishes. Garlic can also be added to salads, sauces and soups.
- You can also chew raw garlic cloves on an empty stomach before going to sleep.
2. Garlic Juice with Water
Garlic water for weight loss is also one of the easy methods to consume garlic. Following is an easy recipe of garlic juice with water.
- Mash garlic cloves in a blender
- Strain out the juice
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of garlic juice along with lukewarm water
- Additionally, for taste, you can mix garlic juice with honey
3. Lemon with Garlic
Have you heard of the immense benefits of garlic and lemon water? This is one of the best recipes to consume garlic to lose belly fat.
- Squeeze out the juice of one lemon into a small cup
- Chew garlic cloves or crush garlic cloves and mix along with lemon water
- Drink this mixture on an empty stomach every morning.
4. Garlic with Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Have you ever considered the Japanese garlic for weight loss? Is garlic good for weight loss? Japanese garlic, when combined with apple cider vinegar and honey, is an excellent recipe for weight loss.
- Mix garlic juice, lemon juice, ginger juice and apple cider vinegar in 1 cup.
- Heat under low flame until the quantity is reduced.
- Remove from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- To this mixture, add 1 cup of honey.
- Drink 1 to 2 tablespoons of this mixture every day in the morning before breakfast.
5. Garlic and Ginger
Garlic and ginger for weight loss are considered to be one of the ideal recipes to lose weight fast. It is easy and quick to make.
- Grate 4 chunks of ginger from the roots and crush 4 to 5 cloves of garlic.
- Add the crushed ginger and garlic to boiling water.
- Continue boiling for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain this mixture.
- You can consume it raw or mix it with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and honey.
Precautions While Using Garlic
Garlic is an excellent food for weight loss, however, there are some precautions and tips to be followed while consuming garlic. They are –
- Do not over eat or consume more than 5 garlic cloves in a day.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers need to consult a doctor before consuming garlic.
- Garlic should be avoided before a surgery as it disturbs anti-coagulants.
- Patients suffering from asthma should avoid garlic.
- While consuming garlic, one must drink plenty of water.
Apart from the pungent odor that is disliked by many, garlic has only the positive benefits and highly recommended food by all doctors and nutrition experts. The list of benefits and positive impacts of garlic only seems to grow and grow. If you enjoy the taste of garlic, then use it in every possible food that you consume.