Feeling stressed out but don’t know what to do? This is a normal situation that overwhelms most of us in our daily life. Well, the saddest part is that it may not be possible for you to reach out to the nearest spa and rejuvenate yourself at the exact time. Interestingly, there are some simple relaxation techniques that take hardly 10 minutes from your time. And thankfully, these best relaxation exercises actually work positively!
Here are the top relaxation exercises that you must start now if you want to shed the extra baggage of stress from your lifestyle.
Deep Breathing Relaxation Techniques
Relaxation breathing exercises are intended to reduce the stress and lower your blood pressure. Controlled breathing helps to de-stress completely and makes you feel happy. Deep breathing relaxation techniques must be practised in a relaxed ambiance to let the fresh air enter your lungs.
- Be comfortably seated to start relaxation breathing exercises. Now put your one hand on the stomach and another one on the chest. You can also do this breathing exercise by lying straight on the floor and keeping a light book on your abdomen.
- Start breathing in. Ensure that the hand you put on stomach should also rise with breathing. Try to keep your other hand calm at its position.
- Slowly exhale through the mouth and contract your abdominal muscles. In the meanwhile, again remember that your hand on stomach should move in with exhaling while the other hand should not move very much.
- Repeat this relaxation breathing exercise for some minutes to relax your mind and body.
You will love to read Benefits of Yoga for Healthy Body and Mind…
Pranayama : Relaxation Exercises
Apart from the deep breathing relaxation techniques you learnt in the above point, there are some awesome Pranayama techniques as well to reduce your stress instantly. Pranayama literally means relaxation yoga breathing techniques. Just practice them anywhere and any time that suits you the best.
1. Equal Breathing Exercises or Samavritti
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Keep your spine straight all the time.
- Inhale slowly through your nose and count till four. Now exhale for the equal count of four through the nose.
- This exercise will calm your nervous system and reduce stress substantially.
2. Abdominal Pumping and Breathing
- Sit in a comfortable position and inhale through your nose. Count 3. While breathing in, try to expand your abdomen.
- Now breathe out slowly. While doing this, press your stomach at the pelvic area to throw out the stale air from your body.
- Repeat the process for 4-5 times for complete relaxation.
3. Alternate Nostril Breathing
Sit straight in a comfortable position. Place your right thumb on the right nostril and inhale from the other side. When you are inhaling at the peak position, press the left nostril with your ring finger and exhale slowly from right nostril. Now, repeat this process from your left nostril. By clearing all the barriers from the mind, this technique brings focus and energy.
4. Skull Shining Breath or Kapalabhati
This is one of the most popular pranayama exercises that work like a shot of energy. Start by a long and slow inhalation through the nose. Then, exhale quickly from your lower abdomen with force. Increase the speed of this exercise with gradual practice.
Yoga Relaxation Techniques
Yoga has been always revered for its ability to de-stress your mind with its series of postures. It can improve your stamina, balance, and flexibility with regular practice. Avoid the improper practice of yoga. Rather, join a class, learn from the experts and then, follow it religiously for complete relaxation.
The types of yoga relaxation techniques that you can rely upon include Hatha yoga, power yoga, and traditional Satyananda yoga.
All these relaxation techniques are time-tested for their effectiveness. The experts further say that you shouldn’t rely on them only. There are other techniques as well that you can try.
To lose arm fat fast follow A Complete Guide to Flaunt Well-Toned Arms…
These relaxation exercises include laughing it out loud to lighten your mood, listening to your favorite music or dancing to your tunes, socialize with your best friends, or just have a cup of tea/coffee. Do whatever it takes to relieve your stress and you are ready to take on the fresh challenges!
Share your experiences of de-stressing with us in the comments section below.