Pregnancy is one of the most cheerful and dreamy phases of a woman’s life! Every woman dreams of having a beautiful pregnancy phase where she can feel the beautiful transformations in her body and a little baby growing up in her womb! Though we have so many different types of equipment, tests and medical advancements to ensure the healthy pregnancy, there are still various conditions which can affect a woman’s pregnancy! Hence, we are here with amazing yoga for pregnant women.
Yoga has evolved as one of the magical ways to enhance the pleasure during pregnancy and to prevent various diseases, conditions which can affect a woman during pregnancy! Here’s all you need to know about yoga for pregnant women!
- What is prenatal yoga?
- Why should women perform yoga during pregnancy?
- Major benefits of yoga for pregnant women.
- What are the best poses to perform during pregnancy?
- FAQ about prenatal yoga and pregnancy complications.
What Is Prenatal Yoga?
- Prenatal yoga is a set of yoga for pregnant women. Yoga is believed to have all those benefits which can heal pregnancy complications and can make the pregnancy period more cheerful!
- The prenatal yoga includes breathing techniques which is one of the key secrets for healthy living! It also focuses on gentle stretching to keep your body flexible and strong.
- It helps you maintain correct postures which help in balancing, stretching and reducing pain during pregnancy!
- Thus, prenatal yoga is an awesome way to make your pregnancy more healthy and joyful experience!
Why Should Women Perform Yoga During Pregnancy?
- Women getting worried about weight gain and a body transformation during pregnancy are quite normal. Especially those women, who always love to keep in shape, are widely affected with this thought.
- However, pregnancy does not lead to never ending weight gain. The weight gain is temporary until you carry and deliver your baby.
- If you are concerned about weight gain and maintaining your beautiful figure, here is where yoga comes into the picture!
- Yoga helps women stay healthy, fit and gain needed weight during pregnancy. This helps in preventing extreme weight gain and saggy skin!
- Also, we know that pregnancy is related to different bodily and mildly discomforts. Yoga does not only keep your body healthy, but also keeps your mind calmed and relaxed which is the prime requirement!
- Women generally suffer from tiredness, mood swings, stress, physical pain and lots of issues which can be banished with yoga practice daily!
- Thus for strength, flexibility, mental well being, physical wellness and, for a cheerful and healthy pregnancy, yoga for pregnant women is must.
Major Benefits Of Prenatal Yoga During Pregnancy
- Fitness is a very important aspect for not only pregnant women but all the human beings. Being a woman, it is extremely important to make the body healthy and strong enough to cope with the pregnancy period and related issues!
- Yoga comes as a boon for those women who love working out, staying cheerful and enjoy the pregnancy with bliss!
- No doubt yoga is extremely beneficial for pregnant women as, it can sooth your muscles, make pregnant women relaxed and ready for all the bodily changes
- The yoga for pregnant women help to grab some healthy and peaceful sleep. Women generally complain to not be able to sleep during pregnancy. Yoga would help in making you fall asleep soon!
- The stress levels become considerably low during pregnancy. Low stress would make you feel light and active all the daylong!
- While you perform yoga, your body will attain immense strength and flexibility. You would be able to deal with tiredness, aches and minor cramps easily!
- Pregnant women have the symptoms of low back pain, nausea, vomiting and bad taste constantly. Yoga for pregnant women would help in reducing all these issues and would keep you beautifully healthy!
- A lot of women these days are at a risk of premature delivery or birth. This is due to lack of proper diet and healthy lifestyle. In such cases, while performing yoga daily, you can keep these risks at a bay.
- Also, the most important factor for pregnancy is the baby’s growth inside your body. If you perform yoga and follow a healthy lifestyle, your baby would grow perfectly without any risks or malfunctions!
- The best part about yoga is that it will make your connection with your baby stronger and beautiful! Your body would help to respond your baby’s movements and create a beautiful bond with your baby!
- Yoga enhances the breathing techniques and its proper use! In this situation, while you exhale and inhale, your baby would get enough oxygen and warmth to grow!
- What a marvelous thing it is to feel your baby and create an unbreakable bond with the baby even before it is out in the world!
- Also, while socializing and going for yoga classes, you can meet women with similar thoughts and share your experiences. These little chats and friendship can cause you a lot of help!
- All this can happen if you just make a little effort and step up to make your baby grow in a healthy way. Also, you will be able to enjoy the pregnancy rather than complaining and suffering from various issues!
What Are The Best Yoga For Pregnant Women?
Here are the best and soothing yoga for pregnant women and which makes pregnancy comfortable!
- Angnistambhasana is a soothing pose which is also known as ankle to knee pose. This is the pose which gives relief from lower back pain and various aches during pregnancy.
- In this pose, you need to sit on you have to sit in a normal position but the crisp posture and tightness in your back. It helps in relieving the stress and pressure on your lower back, making you feel fit and healthy!
Way To Perform Agnistambhasana
- Sit straight on your yoga mat, with your shoulders straight and relaxed.
- Bend your feet from the knees and right leg under your left knee while the right knee is placed on the floor.
- This is a stunning cross legged pose in which, you don’t need to put many efforts!
- Place your palms on your knees, breathe deeply and switch the leg positions.
- Perform few repetitions until you enjoy doing it and then relax!
2. Sukhasana Variation
Seated side bends or sukhasana is an awesome position to relieve back pain and discomfort. This pose would help you to keep back pain, side pain, abdomen cramps at a bay!
Way To Perform Sukhasana
- Sit straight on your yoga mat and breathe in.
- Cross both your legs and keep your posture perfectly straight.
- Now make your left hand rest easily on the ground and raise your right hand upwards.
- Straight the arm and bend it on the left side.
- Stare in the ceiling direction while performing the stretch.
- Switch the hands and perform few repetitions.
- This pose would help you sooth and calm. Also it would reduce back pain while keeping you strong and flexible!
3. The Cat Cow Pose
- This is an amazing pose to regulate your various body muscles and make you ready for the labor time. Little stretches would make your body feel stretchy and loose
- Your spine and torso would get beautifully strong and this would help you carry your baby comfortably!
Way To Perform The Cat Cow Pose
- Get Into the cow position on your knee and hands.
- Inhale and look in front of you a bit elevated.
- Not hold for few seconds and then bend downwards while creating a curled shape from your back.
- Look downwards towards your knees.
- Go for gentle and soft movements and do not rush while performing the poses.
- Keep slow and gentle and enjoy your body getting flexible and strong!
4. The Supported Triangle Pose
The supported triangle pose is one of the awesome poses which can prepare you for labor and make you feel awesome! This pose makes your hips, abdomen and back amazingly strong!
Way To Perform The Supported Triangle Pose
- Stand with your both legs and feet apart face the right direction
- Bend the right leg and place your right hand on the leg
- Keep your left leg straight and your left hand on your waist
- Stare in the right direction and feel your body getting stretched and breath
- Perform this amazing pose which would strengthen your legs and help in reducing abdominal pain, lower back pain, and such issues!
5. The Supported Squat Pose
The supported squat pose is one of the most strengthening and flexibility pose which would prepare you exactly for the labor pain.
Strengthen your hips, things and lower back with this awesome pose and also support your pelvic muscles simultaneously! This deep squat position is all what you need!
Way To Perform Supported Squat Pose
- Get some pillows and pile them up.
- Sit on this pile of pillows and join your hands.
- Keep your back and body straight.
- Breathe and relax while you perform this pose keep your eye close and perform breathing. Also feel the stretch in your pelvic muscles and lower body!
6. The Child Pose
Balansana or the child pose is an amazing soothing pose which can help your abdominal muscles get relaxed. Also your chest, tailbone and various muscles would get relaxed!
Way To Perform The Child Pose
- Sit on your yoga mat but a bit differently!
- Sit down on your knees and spread your legs spread and open.
- Bend down and feel your stomach touching your knees.
- Keep your hands wide spread in front of you.
- Breathe while performing this workout and feel the stretch in all the parts of your body.
- Perform 8-10 repetitions of this magical pose and feel extremely calmed!
7. Belly Breathing
You would surely love this amazing and interesting pose! This is a soothing and extremely reliving pose which you must perform every now and then to connect well with your baby!
While you feel tired, lazy, dizzy and extremely uncomfortable, you can perform his pose and feel awesome!
Way To Perform The Belly Breathing
- Sit on your yoga mat and cross your legs.
- Hold your belly in a supportive way from the bottom.
- Close your eyes and feel extremely relaxed! do not think about anything else than your breathing and baby.
- Relax all your muscles from heat to toe and breath.
- Breath and feel your breath coming and going down from your belly.
- Enjoy the breathing and feel the relaxation!
8. The Mountain Pose
Parvatasana or the mountain pose is one of the most amazing poses which can relieve back pain, headaches abdominal cramps and such issues. You can perform this pose while sitting or also can perform it while standing. Go for this pose and make your body stress free!
Way To Perform The Mountain Pose
- Sit on your yoga mat or mattress and keep your legs crossed, knees wide bent.
- Keep your back straight and posture simply relaxed.
- Join your hands overhead in the ceiling direction.
- Keep your hands right above your head and breath.
- Stay in this position for few minutes and relax!
- Perform 10 repetitions of this amazing pose and feel awesome!
9. The Bound Angle Pose
The bound angle pose is a soothing pose which can make your hips and thighs get stronger. This pose helps in promoting normal labor and prevent section. This pose would help in relaxing your pelvic muscles and abdominal muscles. Thus, go for this pose and make your body prepared for labor!
Way To Perform The Bound Angle Pose
- Sit straight with both your legs apart.
- Instead of crossing your legs, let your both feet touch each other.
- Bend the knees and keep your hands on the knees.
- Breath and relax while you perform this pose.
- Also feel the stretch in your pelvic muscles, hips, thighs and lower body
- This pose would make you feel immensely light, stretchy and flexible!
10. The Warrior Pose
The warrior pose is one of the easy and cool poses which would make you feel sooth, calmed and relaxed.
Your hips, thighs and legs would get stretched and toned with this workout and thus, it is very beneficial for pregnant women!
Way To Perform The Warrior Pose
- Stand with both your legs wide apart.
- Keep your left leg bent and right leg stretched.
- Also stretch your hands wide and stretched.
- Keep your posture tight and straight.
- Feel the stretch in your body.
FAQ About Prenatal Yoga And Pregnancy Complications
We understand that there are numerous questions arizing in your mind regarding yoga for pregnant women and its effects on your body during pregnancy. Thus, here are some questions and answers which can help solve your dilemma!
1. Is it okay to perform yoga during pregnancy if I have never performed yoga before?
Ans: yoga is an amazing workout option which will start benefiting you the point you start performing it! In the beginning you would find it difficult to stretch your body as you never did it, but soon your body would get used to it!
2. Until when can continue my yoga routine during pregnancy.
Ans: If you are aware, there are different yoga poses which can help you prepare for labor. This pose help you to get prepared and also your muscles get strong for labor. Thus, you can perform yoga until the birth of your child!
3. Can I continue yoga after labor?
Ans. Yes, yoga after labor is known as postnatal yoga. This yoga is performed to make your stressed tissues free and pain free after labor. You can resume the yoga classes or postnatal yoga after 1 month of delivery!
4. Is prenatal yoga anyway dangerous for pregnant women?
Ans. Generally, yoga is simply beneficial and useful during pregnancy. But over stretching and hard yoga poses can cause dangerous situations. Before starting the yoga poses, you must consult your physician or must start the prenatal yoga in a professional prenatal yoga classes!
5. Is prenatal yoga for all the trimesters of pregnancy.
Ans. Yes, the prenatal yoga is for all the trimesters of pregnancy. There are slight changes in the yoga poses performed during each trimester. While keeping in mind the dangers of injuries, there are different poses which can help the pregnancy get more comfortable!
6. How can prenatal yoga prepare me for labor?
Ans. Prenatal yoga helps relaxing the pelvic muscles, back musicales, abdomen and various muscles which are engaged in the labor process. The poses prepare your body to get stretched and bear the pain easily!
Thus, here is all you need to know about Yoga For Pregnant Women- prenatal yoga! This amazing experience would help you enjoy your pregnancy and feel the beautiful bond with your baby!
Try this amazing option to promote healthy baby growth and to deliver your baby in minimal pain!
Originally posted 2017-08-18 08:28:56. Republished by Blog Post Promoter