There is no need for any expensive gym membership to stay fit. Right in the comfort of your home you can start your workouts to be fit and healthy. Thus home workout for beginners with no equipment requirement is motivating enough for someone who has made up the mind to start. All you need is a strong determination and a time of about 30 minutes to start with the beginner’s workout plan.
These could be done at home or in a hotel room if you are travelling. This home workout for beginners lasts for around 20 minutes and is an easy form of exercise for beginners. These exercises for beginners’ flex the muscles of the legs, chest and abdomen. Before doing them one needs to do some warm up exercises.
Home Workout for Beginners
1. Warm Up Exercises
The objective of doing warm up exercises is to warm the body and loosen the muscles, joints in the body. It also prepares the mind to take up some rigorous exercises.
- To get all your muscles and joints ready you can do mobility movements. You could try foam rolling where you roll your back and then hit every part of your legs and hips.
- To get your heart pumping up slowly you could go for a jog or bike ride.
- Some dynamic stretches can be undertaken by moving your arms and limbs up and down and then rotating them at a fast pace.
- Some practice sessions can be also be undertaken by doing body weight squats.
A beginner’s workout plan could typically consist of the following exercises done with a small break in between. The break would be rest for 2 minutes. This is an easy home workout for beginners.
Do you know best exercises to lose arm fat fast? Let’s have a look for details…
2. Bodyweight Squats
This exercise strengthens and tones the lower part of the body. It is aimed at toning the butt, thighs and leg muscles. The following steps describe the move.
- Keep the legs slightly apart a little more than the shoulder width.
- Keep the back and legs erect.
- Stretch your arms and hold them parallel to the ground with palms facing downwards.
- Inhale deeply, roll your shoulders backward and initiate the squat by moving the knees.
- When you squat ensure that butt is below the knees. The back and the chest should be up and erect.
- Come back to your original position by raising yourself up with your body weight. You should feel the pressure on your heels.
- Repeat above move 20 times.
Don’t miss to read the best sciatica exercises that will give you instant relief...
3. Incline Push Ups
This home workout for beginners and aims at working on the chest, shoulders and arm muscles. You would need an elevated platform for support. It could be a table of a small height or a sturdy chair. The following steps describe the move.
- Stand in front of the elevated platform with arms by your side and back erect.
- Hold the edge of the platform with your arms and move your feet away from the platform.
- Move such that your arms are at 90 degrees to tour body. The back and arms should be maintained straight.
- The arms should be extended till you are comfortable in this pose.
- Return to your standing position.
- Repeat above moves 20 times.
4. Hip Thrust
This popular exercise helps to strengthen the lower back, hips, pelvic region, knees, ankle and the foot.
Before starting the move you should in a certain starting position. Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you and placed together. The legs should be maintained straight. You should rest tour back on a small raised sturdy platform such that you can extend your arms on the platform on both sides. The following steps describe the move.
- Raise your legs upwards with feet on the ground until the knees are pointed upwards.
- With your arms on the platform now raise your whole body by pushing up your butt.
- The body level should be parallel to the floor and legs maintained at 90 degrees to the floor.
- Come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the above move 20 times.
5. Walking Lunge
To strengthen and get your legs in shape this is a great exercise. It works on most of the body muscles in the lower part of the body. The following steps describe this move.
- Stand erect with legs slightly apart measuring up to the shoulder width.
- Move forward with the right foot with the knee raised upwards to the chest level and then brought to the ground.
- Let the leg be in perpendicular position to the floor level. Next move the rear leg such that it bends downwards with the rear knee barely touching the floor.
- Now with the weight put on the lead foot raise both your legs and come back to original position.
- Repeat above move 10 times. To complete the exercise do the same with the left foot too.
Get here the stretching exercise to energize your morning…
6. Standard Push Ups
Standard push up is a complete body exercise toning the core of the body especially the legs. As a starting position stand straight on the ground with arms by your side. The following steps describe the move.
- Take a deep inhalation and bend down and place palms on the ground in a plank position.
- Arms should be kept behind the shoulders and close to I in an erect position.
- The back of the body should be balanced by the tip of your toes while the ankles are raised upwards.
- The back should be completely straight and in line with the shoulders and head.
- Start to lower your body from a height of 3 feet from the ground till your chest just grazes the floor.
- Keep watching the floor all the while.
- The butt and back should be kept straight and erect while moving downwards.
- Move the shoulder blades backwards till the elbows are placed to the side of the body.
- Now exhale and come back to your plank position.
- Repeat above steps 20 times.
Crunches are good workout exercises for the abdomen muscles. The basic posture for this move would be to lie on the floor on your back with face upwards. The two feet needs to be raised and rested on a raised platform up till the knees. You need to clasp your hands behind the head.
The following steps describe the move.
- Relax your torso to move your upper body as high as possible.
- Lower back should be on the floor itself.
- Movement should be such that the upper back is erect when raised and inclined.
- Arms should be behind the head in a clasped fashion during the movement and you should be comfortable with it.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat this move 25 times.
Don’t miss to know the best exercises to get rid of knee pain!
The home workout for beginners mentioned above provide for a toned body and a relaxed mind. While doing exercises on the floor you should use a mat. A typical beginners’ workout plan should include these exercises. After a couple of months of doing them you could move on to advanced levels. Once you are keen on embarking on a home workout you could consult an experienced trainer who could work out the exercise plan for a beginner.