Dry skin on face is one of the common problems that many people face today. The causes for dry skin could be many like the exposure to pollution and harsh sunlight. Dry skin not only spoils your looks but also adds a gloomy touch to your face making you look older. Dry skin also causes other problems like the patches on the face and the redness on the face if not treated properly. Especially during winters, many people develop dry skin. It not only dehydrates the body but also leads to wear and tear of the skin.
Dry skin on the face is the most annoying thing as it spoils the look of the whole face. It can be treated by using some harsh chemical based over the counter products. The hitch with these over the counter products is that they mostly come along with side effects. So, before you spend your cash on the expensive over the counter products, why don’t you try some home remedies to fight dry skin on face?
Read on these tips and treat dry skin on face effectively. Read on!
Home Remedies To Fight Dry Skin On Face
1. Curd Face Mask
Curd is rich in lactic acid that can help in removing the bacteria from your face. One of the main reasons for dry skin is the presence of bacteria and by constant application of curd on the face, you can effectively fight the bacteria that’s present. It is also rich in antioxidants bacterial properties that will give you a smoother skin.
- To get started, you will need a bowl. Add half a cup of curd to it.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey and blend the mixture well.
- Now, apply this mixture on your face as a face mask.
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with clear water.
Repeating this procedure everyday for at least a month will give you excellent results and you’ll totally forget how dry skin feels like!
2. The Glycerine Trick
- It is one of the oldest ways of treating dry skin on the face.
- Glycerine helps in hydrating the skin and Effectively fights against the dry skin in the face.
- It is an amazing ingredient that helps to retain the moisture and also adds an instant glow to your face. For fighting dry skin on the face, mix glycerine rosewater extracts and lemon juice in equal quantities.
- Now apply this mixture onto your face evenly using cotton buds.
- Let it stay overnight before you wash it off in the morning using clean water. Use a clean towel to dab and you’ll notice that the dry skin is smoothened and also you’ll be noticing an instant glow on your face.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very rich in antioxidants that can help to fight dry skin on the face. If you’re wondering about, “What to do for dry skin on face” by using natural remedies, you should probably be hunting for coconut oil. It works as a great moisturizer and helps in treating very dry skin on the face.
- You will need to mix coconut oil and rosewater in a small bowl to get started.
- The quantity of the rosewater should behalf of the coconut oil.
- Blend them together and refrigerate it for 10 to 15 minutes. Note that we’re only looking for some cool mixture and not a freezing one.
- Apply this mixture onto your face evenly and let it stay overnight. Wash it off in the morning using Luke warm water.
You might also have to mix some lemon juice extracts in the water that you use to wash so that all the oily content is washed off from your face. Repeating the same procedure everyday will land you noticeable results in the fighting dry skin on the face.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil acts as one of the most effective natural remedies for dry skin. It has natural therapeutic powers that will effectively fight against the dry skin on the face. It is also very rich in the vitamin E content that helps in protecting your skin from soaps and other harsh cosmetics. One of the reasons for dry skin is the usage of soaps and other heavy chemical based cosmetics. To fight these, castor oil is the best.
- The trick is very simple. You must have to apply castor oil evenly on your face using a cotton cloth.
- Do not apply it near the eye region. Apply it to all other portions of your face that’s very dry.
- Apply it in the night and leave it overnight.
- By morning, you’ll be shocked to see that dryness on your face has gradually reduced.
Yes! That’s true! You will be able to experience the changes and benefits in just one or two days. But then, these results will become temporary ones if you stop at using them for just 1 or 2 days. Use them on a regular basis to avoid dry skin in a face for a long time.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can be described as the magic plant that should be included in the beauty regime of every woman. It is very rich in antioxidant properties that make it a perfect beauty ingredient for fighting dry skin on the face. If you’ve been wondering about what to do about dry skin on the face that should give you long lasting benefits, then you should definitely be looking for aloe Vera.
- Take some aloe Vera gel that’s available as an over the counter product or you can extract it freshly from its leaves if you have aloe Vera plant at your home.
- If desired, mix 2 to 3 drops of rose water to the 4 to 6 drops of aloe Vera gel. Mix the mixture well until they are blended well into each other. Now, apply this mixture on your face evenly and let it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild water. Repeating this procedure everyday for at least 2 weeks will give you long lasting benefits of fighting dry skin on the face. Even if you have very dry skin on face, this trick should work for you!
6. Banana Face Mask
Bananas can be used as an effective remedy for fighting dry skin on the face. It has smoothening properties that will effectively smoother down your skin and help you to fight dry skin on face. When it’s combined with yogurt, you’ll get best results that will not just fight dry skin on the face, but also soften your skin.
- Mash one or two bananas in a fruit mixer. Add some yogurt to it and blend the mixture well into each other.
- Let it refrigerate for some time until it feels a little cold.
- Now, apply this mixture on your face evenly in the areas where it feels too dry. Let it stay for half an hour or one hour before you wash it off with water.
- Consider repeating this for at least 2 to 4 times a week for seeing some effective results. This can be regarded as one of the easiest natural remedies for dry skin that will effectively fight against the dry skin on the face.
They were some of the natural remedies for dry skin. Try them out and effectively fight dry skin on the face. One thing you’ll have to note while trying out the natural remedies is that these remedies take some time to show some results. You need to give them their time to show their magic. Trying it out for 2 to 3 days and expecting magical results is a foolish thing to do. Give them requisite time and you’ll be mind blown by their benefits!
Originally posted 2016-12-28 18:29:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter