Table of Contents Hide
- Home Remedies For Skin Tags
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2. Pineapple Juice
- 3. Garlic- Home Remedies for Skin Tags
- 4. Vegetable Paste – Effective Home Remedies for Skin Tags
- 5. Castor Oil Excellent for Skin Tags
- 6. Onion – One of The Best Home Remedies For Skin Tags
- 7. Banana Peel
- 8. Fenugreek Seeds
- 9. Ginger
- 10. How To Get rid of skin Tags Using Potato?
- Related to this topic
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Skin tags are nothing but small skin outgrowths which are present in the skin. These are harmless but these protrusions look odd and sometimes very uncomfortable. They are of varying sizes and can be either a small or a big skin tag. Although it is very common however the exact reason is not yet known. These are wrinkled like fleshy skin and give an odd appearance. There are few home remedies for skin tags which can be extremely helpful in getting rid of it. Let us discuss the various home remedies for removing skin tags easily.
Home Remedies For Skin Tags
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Now dab the cotton ball on the surface of the skin tag and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with normal water.
- Repeat this process 2 times in a day.
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for skin tags. As it is acidic in nature, regular usage will make the skin tags shrink and it will fall off gradually.
You can also dilute apple cider vinegar with water to reduce its acidic property and make it more alkaline. This method will be equally effective.
2. Pineapple Juice
- Cut a pineapple into small pieces.
- Take few pieces of pineapple and blend them.
- Soak a cotton ball in the pineapple juice and apply it on the tag regions.
- Leave it to dry and wash off with normal water.
- Repeat this process 2 times in a day and continue till the outgrowths are completely gone.
- Cut pineapple slices and store them in refrigerator for few hours.
- Rub these pineapple cubes on the skin tags for few minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
- Frequent this process to get rid of ugly skin tags.
Pineapple juice helps to remove the skin tags effectively. It has essential vitamins which can help the skin tags to fall off after few days.
Are you on the lookout for ways to brighten up your face? Let’s have a look on some of the real beauty benefits of Pineapple.
3. Garlic- Home Remedies for Skin Tags
- Take 3-4 garlic cloves and crush them properly.
- Now apply the crushed garlic on the tag regions during night time before going to bed.
- Tie a bandage around it and next morning wash it off with cold water.
- You can see the difference in a few days.
- Follow the process 2-3 times in a week for effectiveness.
Garlic is one of the very useful home remedies for skin tags. It is highly acidic in nature and can be useful to get rid of the tags. Be very careful while applying the garlic juice on the tag regions as it may burn the skin nearby. Hence it is always better to dilute the juice with some water so as to reduce its acidic properties.
4. Vegetable Paste – Effective Home Remedies for Skin Tags
- Blend few slices of potato, few pieces of cauliflower and 2-3 cloves of garlic in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Put the mix on the skin tags to completely cover the area.
- Use a gauze cloth to seal it and keep the same for the whole night.
- Next day morning wash off with normal water.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a week.
The different vegetables used helps to dry off the skin tags and then shed off completely after a period of time. Regular usage will help in shrinking these tags and it will degenerate slowly.
5. Castor Oil Excellent for Skin Tags
- Slightly warm castor oil in a container.
- Soak a cotton ball and apply the same on the tag regions.
- Wipe off the excess oil using a cotton ball.
- Follow this process several times for effectiveness.
- Castor oil
- Baking soda
- Add sufficient quantity of castor oil to baking soda and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mix on the skin tags covering the area completely.
- Seal the area with cotton followed by a gauze cloth.
- Leave it with this dressing for the whole night.
- In the next morning, wash off the area with sufficient quantity of cold water and pat dry.
- Follow this remedy 2-3 times in a week for best results.
Apply castor oil on the skin many times in a day. You will see that gradually the tags will fall off. It is because castor oil softens the skin tags and over a period of time it will go off.
Castor oil and baking soda is an excellent combination of home remedies for skin tags. The baking soda helps to shrink these tags and the castor oil softens the tags. You will see a substantial reduction in these skin tags within a week itself.
6. Onion – One of The Best Home Remedies For Skin Tags
- Cut one onion into several onion cubes.
- Blend the onion cubes to extract the fresh raw juice from it.
- Soak a cotton ball in this raw juice and apply the same on the skin tags.
- Seal it using a gauze cloth and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, remove the cotton pad and the gauze cloth and wash the areas with cold water.
- Follow this method 2-3 times in a week for best results.
- Cut few slices of onion and add salt to it.
- Leave it for 3-4 hours.
- Blend the salted onion and apply the juice during the night time and cover it with a gauze cloth.
- Next morning wash off with cold water.
- Follow this process several times in a week for effectiveness.
Onion juice helps to remove the skin tags. Onion juice along with salt helps to shrink the tags and in some time it will fall off gradually.
7. Banana Peel
- Banana peel
- Take banana peels and place it on the skin tags.
- Use a tape to seal it and leave it overnight.
- Next day morning remove the peels and wipe the area with normal water.
- Repeat this process for 10-15 days till the outgrowths vanish completely.
These peels are very useful home remedies for skin tags. Place the white portion of the peel on the skin and yellow portion should be outside.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
- Fenugreek seed
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a bowl of warm water overnight.
- Next day morning strain the liquid and drink this as first thing in the morning.
- Repeat this process everyday till you see a substantial reduction in the skin tags.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a tumbler of water for the whole night.
- Next morning, grind the soaked seeds to make a thick paste.
- Put the mix on the skin tags and leave it for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse off with normal water.
- Repeat this process at least once daily for 2-3 weeks.
Fenugreek removes the dead cells effectively. It also helps to shrink the skin tags and gradually sheds off the skin tags.
- Take ginger slices and crush them properly to extract the juice from it.
- Apply this juice on the tag regions and leave it to dry.
- Rinse off with normal water.
- Follow this remedy for 2-3 weeks and the skin tags will go off.
Ginger is excellent to reduce the inflammation. Over a period of time, the skin tags will reduce and it will shed off.
10. How To Get rid of skin Tags Using Potato?
- Grate one whole potato.
- Apply the grated potato on the skin tags.
- Seal it with a cotton pad and gauze cloth.
- Allow it to stay for the whole night.
- Next morning, remove the cotton and gauze cloth and splash sufficient quantity of cold water on the tag regions. Pat dry.
- Follow this process once a day for effectiveness.
- Blend few slices of potato and extract the juice.
- Apply this juice on the tag regions and leave it for 2 hours.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Regularly repeat the process at least 2 times in a day for 2 weeks.
The skin tag will dry and fall off. Grated potato and potato juice will reduce the skin tags to a great extent and gradually it will go off.
Skin tags although not dangerous or harmful but definitely is ugly outgrowths. To follow the above home remedies for skin tags, it is always better to first clean the skin with astringent or normal water with any cleanser. Any of the above method can help to remove the dead cells which are considered to be one of the primary factors associated with the formation of skin tags. Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any feedback or suggestion, please feel free to share the same in the comments section below.