Kidneys are one of the most vital organs in our body. They are bean-shaped organs which have excretory role in the body. They flush out toxins from the body and maintain body metabolism and control blood pressure. Sometimes you may experience acute pain the kidney due to various reasons such as unhealthy eating habit, less consumption of water, infection etc. This pain may be unbearable at times. There are several herbal home remedies which if followed can bring the significant difference in kidney pain. Below are some home remedies which provide relief from pain.
Home Remedies for Kidney Pain
If you are having pain in kidneys or any form of infection, then drink plenty of water.
- It is generally advised to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water regularly.
- Water helps to flush out toxins from the body and restores the normal functioning of the kidney.
- You can also drink warm water or apply hot water compress on the affected area to get relief from pain.
- For hot water compress, soak the cloth in hot water and drain the excess liquid.
- Keep the cloth on the back and wait till it cools down completely.
- You can also use a hot water bag for the hot compress.
- Drinking one glass of pomegranate juice regularly keeps your kidney healthy.
- Take 1 pomegranate fruit and remove the seeds from it.
- Blend it in a mixer and strain the juice from it.
- Consume it regularly for faster relief.
- You can also eat pomegranate seeds directly.
- Eat the handful of seeds regularly to get relieve from kidney pain.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is beneficial in kidney pain. Lemon juice can be consumed in 2 ways.
- Squeeze half of lemon juice in water, add a pinch of salt to it and drink it regularly for faster relief.
- In the second method, mix lemon juice and olive oil together and drink it.
- Although it is an effective method but it is recommended to people who can digest it and tolerate the awful taste.
It acts as a natural diuretic and removes the toxin from the body. It is very effective for instant relief from kidney pain.
4. Cabbage Poultice
This method is very effective for kidney pain. The heat generated from cabbage poultice provides instant relief.
- Take cabbage leaves and add onion slices and bran to it.
- Add this mixture to boiling water till the mix is cooked.
- Let the water evaporate completely.
- Prepare the poultice and keep it in a clean cloth.
- Tie the cloth and apply the warm poultice in the affected area for 2-3 hours or if possible keep it for midnight till you get relief from pain.
It is a natural diuretic and helps in flushing toxins from the body.
- Cut fresh slices of watermelon and eat it directly.
- Regularly drinking a glass of watermelon juice keeps the kidney healthy and it relieves pain.
- Also, you can extract seeds from watermelon.
- Boil these seeds in water for 3-4 minutes, strain the liquid and drink it regularly to get relief from pain.
Tomato is very helpful in providing relief from kidney pain.
- Blend tomato slices in a blender along with water.
- Add a pinch of salt to it and drink it regularly.
- You can also apply tomatoes on the affected area.
- Chop few tomatoes finely and place it in a thin cloth.
- Tie the cloth and apply it on the painful areas.
- Keep it for 2-3 hours or till the pain subsides.
Include tomatoes in your diet regularly. It not only cures kidney pain but also prevents from occurring.
Mustard is very helpful in providing relief from pain.
- You can prepare mustard plaster and apply it on the affected area.
- Mix whole wheat flour with mustard powder and mix the little water with it to form a plaster.
- Place a little quantity of plaster in a clean cloth and keep it on the affected area.
- Keep this mix overnight to get relief from pain.
This is a perfect remedy to get relief from pain. Mustard is very effective for kidney pain. The plaster provides instant relief, regularly following this remedy will lessen the chances of occurrence.
8. Sage and Mint Tea
Sage is a natural diuretic.
- Finely chop sage and boil it in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Add few mint leaves to the mixture.
- Strain the liquid and let it cool for some time.
- Drink this liquid regularly to get relief from the pain.
- Also, you can soak a cloth in this liquid and apply it on the affected area to get immediate relief from kidney pain.
9. Mustard oil
Mustard oil is very helpful for kidney pain.
- Take 2 teaspoons of mustard oil in a container.
- Add 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Mix the garlic with mustard oil and warm the oil.
- Massage this oil on the affected area at least twice in a day.
- Repeat this process regularly to get relief from kidney pain.
Massaging in the affected areas help a lot. The massage generates heat which is very effective in reducing the pain.
10. Kidney Beans
Kidney bean is very effective in reducing kidney pain.
- Take few kidney beans and remove the beans from the pod.
- Take water it a container and boil it.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Let it stand for some time and strain the liquid.
- Cool this liquid and drink it at least once in a day to reduce pain.
- Repeat this process regularly to get relief from pain.
Include kidney beans in your diet regularly to prevent kidney pain.
Kidney pain is a serious pain and should be immediately attended to. You can follow these remedies, once the pain starts. In the case of very acute pain, it is advisable to check with a doctor.
It is also advisable to consume a lot of fluids which acts as diuretic and relieves the pain. Hope you found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.