Nothing screams more summer than a succulent, sweet, red, chunky piece of red watermelon. Resembling to a bright Red Crescent moon, its sweet flesh relieves the heart of a bright sun-scorched summery day. This beautiful contrast of green on the outside and a ruby red inside is a combination of a large number of essential vitamins and vitamins that help you achieve porcelain like smoothness, shine and gloss in your skin. You will be surprised of seeing such watermelon benefits for beauty and health.
Apart from being nature’s very own hydrant and a favourite among weight watchers, the watermelon benefits are bounteous. 93% of water melon being made out of water, this wonderful fruit makes for an amazing fruit to be included in your diet. An absolute no calories snack. It cools and refreshes your skin and gives it a soothing feel.
We bring for you a plethora of ways that you can use to add this fantastic and super cooling fruit to your diet, and a few sneaky cheats to ditch the chemical laden creams and opt for the cooling feel of the watermelon to help your skin glow. Let’s have a look at Watermelon Benefits for Your Skin.
Watermelon Benefits for Your Skin
1. DIY Homemade Watermelon Toner
Watermelon works as the best natural toner for your skin. It contains Vitamins A, B6 and C. It is a natural storehouse of Lycopene and studies show that Lycopene protects the skin against sun damage and keeps your skin safe from sunburn and sun damage.
To make you very own DIY Homemade toner-
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- ½ cup water
- ½ orange
- ½ cup rose water
- Take a mixer and add watermelon chunks and give it a good blitz.
- Strain the mixture through the sieve and add rose water to the extract.
- Put this mix in a spray bottle and spray it on your face 2-3 times a day
This toner will cleanse your skin from deep within and thus reduce the chances of pimple and acne to occur. It will also help in whitening your skin.
2. Watermelon for Soft Glowing Skin
Watermelon is the best ingredient when it comes to bringing soft supple and glowing skin. Unknown to many, watermelon is successful at adding life to dead skin, and brings back the lost glow.
To make you skin soft and radiant, you need-
- 1 cup of watermelon cubes
- ½ cup of yogurt.
- Take a Bowl and mash the watermelon with the help of a fork.
- Mix in the yogurt and apply this paste on your face evenly.
- After it dries up wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
The yogurt has lactic acid and moisturizing properties that help in softening your skin and the natural rosy color or the Watermelon adds the radiance and glow to the skin.
You will love to read Amazing Homemade DIY Honey Face Masks for Your Glowing Skin…
3. Exfoliate Your Skin With Watermelon
Did you ever realize that the watermelon you enjoy in your dessert has exfoliation properties too? Bid farewell to dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin and make it look dull. Now, use Watermelon to deep cleanse your skin.
All you need to do is-
- ½ cup of watermelon juice
- ½ cup of Gram Flour
- 1 spoon of Rose water
- 1 teaspoon of Oats
- Take a bowl and mix watermelon juice and gram flour. Mix well to form a lump free paste.
- Add the Oats and Rose water and make a smooth paste.
- Apply evenly on face and neck and let it dry.
- After the pack dries out remove take a few drops of water and rub the pack in circular motions gently like a scrub.
- Wash with cold water.
The acid in the watermelon will help you exfoliate your skin. You will see a significant result in the texture and feel of your skin. A smooth and silky feel to your skin is what you will experience after this mask.
4. Watermelon for Treating Acne and Pimples
No matter how many times you wash your face in a day Oil appears after some time magically on your face, to lend a greasy and grimy look. This in turn, leads to pimples and acne. That highly irritating feeling of pimples can be averted using the amazing Watermelon. It’s simple. Here’s how-
- 1 tablespoon Multani Mitti(Fuller’s earth)
- 1 tablespoon Sandalwood powder
- ½ banana mashed
- ½ cup watermelon juice
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
- Mix Fuller’s Earth or Multani Mitti and sandalwood powder in a bowl with Rose water.
- Add mashed banana and watermelon juice to the paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Make an even paste and apply it all over your face. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Watermelon is a moisturizer without oil. This mask will reduce inflammation and make your skin firm. The coolness of Fuller’s Earth and rose water, absorb the excessive oil and soothe the soreness caused by acne and pimples.
5. Watermelon to Cure Sunburn and Remove Skin Tan
How we hate the sun when it burns our skin and makes it red! Sunburn and tanning or discoloration of the skin is a common problem that we all face. The harmful effect of the Ultra violet rays sucks out the moisture of the face leaving it dark and dry. If you face the problem of tanning of your skin Watermelon comes to your rescue.
All that you need is-
- 1/2 cup of watermelon juice
- ½ cup of Cucumber juice
- ½ cup of Lemon juice
- ½ cup of potato juice
- 1 teaspoon glycerine
- Mix all the juices in a bowl. Add glycerine too.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the juice.
- Swipe the juice mix with the help of the cotton ball all over your face and neck area.
- Let it dry. Once dry, re-apply for complete coverage.
- Wash after 15 minutes post application.
- You can also use this juice mask for whitening and de-tanning your hands and feet too!
The acidic effect of lemon and watermelon juice will rip off any kind of discoloration while glycerine will moisturize the dryness caused by the lemon and cucumber will give coolness and soothing effect to your skin.
So friends! Now that we all know the watermelon benefits for beauty, it’s time to unleash the beauty secrets of this lovely fruit. Watermelon is blessed with the super ability to adapt itself to all kinds of skin types, whether dry, oily or combination. It helps you enrich your skin and replenish nutrients. Watermelon has a potential and pivotal role to play in enhancing your beauty. So hydrate and nourish your body and make Watermelon a part of your beauty regime and counter attack the effects of prolonged use of beauty products and lack of skin care.
Let the luscious and sweet fruit work its natural magic to leave a rosy skin for you!
Know any more watermelon benefits & tricks that work to give you fantastic results for your skin? We would absolutely love to hear about them. Feel free to share……