Are you struggling to fit into skinny jeans and skirts? Do you feel heavy in your belly region? This due to belly fat which can be a nightmare and give you sleepless nights. All of us have some amount of belly fat which is normal. However, if your waistline increases dramatically it can affect your health considerably. Belly fat is considered to be the most dangerous fat compared to other fat deposits in the body. Let’s have a look at belly fat burning exercises. Get ready to tone down your belly.
The belly is the most observant part of the body that easily catches one’s eyes. Belly fat can be embarrassing and make you conscious thereby affecting your health as well as quality of life. If you thought dieting will help you shed off those extra kilos, then you are mistaken. It is important to exercise as well for effective weight and fat reduction. Exercise and dieting go hand in hand. Well, there are several belly fat burning exercises that can help you in your weight loss regime. Let us find out the causes of belly fat before targeting exercises and yoga poses to reduce belly fat.
Causes Of Belly Fat-Tone down your belly.
Have you got yourself a gorgeous looking skinny swimsuit to wear for a poolside party? Or a short body fitting dress for a dinner date, but unable to wear it due to your embarrassing belly fat. This is a bit of a problem, as there is absolutely no means to hide belly fat in the swimsuit or dress. If you are dejected and looking out for belly fat burning exercises, then it is first important to understand the causes of belly fat. Check out the following causes of belly fat.
1. Carbonated Drinks-Tone down your belly.
If you love soda and aerated beverages and you consume them regularly, then you are not doing any good to your body. Consuming carbonated drinks regularly can increase your waist line dramatically. The main reason due to this is because of the high sugar content in carbonated beverages. This high sugar content increases appetite and triggers an unhealthy craving for food which make you eat more. Eating more with a sedentary lifestyle has a significant impact on your belly.
2. Depression-Tone down your belly.
Have you noticed that you eat more when you are angry, upset, anxious or depressed? Emotional eating is a direct way that increases belly fat as you end up eating more than you should. Emotional eating may make you feel better but adds those extra kilos on your belly.
3. Deprived Sleep-Tone down your belly.
Every individual on an average should get about 6 to 8 hours of sleep. Lack of sleep can trigger the stress hormone cortisol to increase its production in the body and make you crave for sugary foods. During this, the hormone Leptin that controls your appetite is switched off due to lack of sleep and stress. It is hard to get rid of belly fat if you do not get enough sleep.
4. Eating Late At Night-Tone down your belly.
When you eat late and immediately go to sleep, your body is not able to efficiently burn down the calories. This causes fat deposits in your belly region. Apart from belly fat, sleeping on a full stomach can cause acidity and indigestion.
5. Low-Protein Diet-Tone down your belly.
Individuals must consume 20 to 25g of protein in each meal for excellent health. A balanced protein diet regulates blood sugar and reduces insulin levels thereby promoting a faster metabolic rate. Proteins also control hormones that are linked to increasing appetite. A protein deficient diet leads to slower metabolism and more unhealthy appetite leading to fat accumulation in your belly.
Belly Fat Burning Exercises-Tone down your belly.
If you want to lose weight in an effective manner, then you must include at least 1 hour of exercise in your daily workout regime. Following are some simple exercises to lose belly fat.
1. Crunches-Tone down your belly.
One of the most efficient belly fat burning exercises are the “Crunches”. This exercise effectively targets the fat muscles present in the upper and lower belly region.
- Lie down flat on the ground with knees bent and feet on the ground.
- Keep your hands behind your head.
- Inhale deeply and lift your upper chest off the floor and exhale.
- While coming back to position inhale again.
- Do this 10 to 15 times to begin with.
2. Bicycle Exercise-Tone down your belly.
The best exercise to lose upper stomach fat is the “Bicycle” exercise. It is simple and easy to perform anywhere without any guidance.
- Lie flat on the floor and keep your hands behind your head or on either side of your body.
- Keep your knees bent and slowly lift both your legs from the ground.
- Bring your left knee close to the chest and keep the right leg away.
- Repeat the same with the other leg like riding a bicycle.
- Keep doing this bicycle motion at least 10 to 15 times for an effective work out.
3. Lunge Twist-Tone down your belly.
This exercise is an efficient exercise to lose lower belly fat quickly.
- Stand keeping your legs wide apart.
- Keep your knees in a slightly bent position.
- Lift both your hand keeping them parallel to the ground.
- With your right leg take a big step forward and stay in a sitting position at 90 degree angle with the floor. Keep the left leg positioned backwards.
- Now repeat the same exercise with your left leg.
- Twist your torso each time to the left and to the right without moving the legs.
- Repeat this exercise at least 10 times.
4. Rolling Plank Exercise-Tone down your belly.
This exercise is the best abs workout and trains the muscles around the hip, belly and abdomen.
- Lie down flat on the floor with the knees and elbows touching the ground.
- Lift the knees up in straight position keeping the legs supported on the toes.
- Now contract your knees and stay in this position for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Then begin moving to and fro for the next 20 to 30 seconds. This is called the rolling plank exercise
5. Stomach Vacuum-Tone down your belly.
If belly fat is what you are targeting, then the stomach vacuum is the best exercise to lose upper belly fat. This exercise is also called the cat stretch exercise
- Go down on all fours like a cat.
- Loosen your abdomen by inhaling deeply.
- Now exhale and tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Stay in this position for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise as many times you wish.
Effective Yoga Asanas to Get Rid Of Belly Fat
Belly fat is the first symptom of unhealthy eating and lifestyle. The main focus to reducing belly fat is to perform exercises that exert pressure and stretch the stomach muscles. Apart from aerobic exercises and other workouts, yoga is another guaranteed method to get rid of belly fat. There are powerful yoga asanas that if practiced regularly can keep you slim and fit throughout life. Following are some powerful asanas that help get rid of belly fat.
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog pose)
This yoga pose is one of the best asanas to lose upper stomach fat. It also relieves tiredness, stiffness, and improves blood circulation.
- Lie down straight on your stomach on the floor or mat.
- Slowly lift your body off the ground and bring your feet and hands close to each other like a mountain.
- Stay in this position for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- This pose exerts pressure on the belly region accelerating fat loss.
2. Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose I)
This yoga asana is one of the best belly fat burning exercises to include in your exercise regime.
- Stand firmly on the ground.
- Keep one leg forward and bend your knees.
- Stretch your arms upwards and join palms together.
- Repeat the same with other leg
3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
The Dhanurasana pose is the best asana of yoga for a stomach. This asana stretches your arms, legs and stomach. It is an efficient exercise to lose belly fat.
- Lie down flat on the stomach.
- Take your hands backward to hold your feet.
- Holding in this position, try to pull your body backward.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds.
4. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
One of the best belly fat burning exercises is the Ustrasana pose. Apart from this, this pose helps improve posture, and improves flexibility in the body.
- Stand on your knees and bend your back backward.
- Hold your right heel backward with your right hand.
- Do the same with the left hand.
- Now bend as much as possible backward to stretch the stomach and belly region.
- Repeat as many times required.
5. Uttanpadasana (Legs Raised Pose)
Want a flat and toned belly? Uttanpadasana is the best abs workout for you. This pose helps in toning muscles around the stomach, hips, and thigh region.
- Lie down flat on the floor.
- Join both the legs together.
- Now slowly raise them and hold in the position for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat as many times you wish.
6. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Cobra pose is known to improve blood circulation, tones up neck, shoulders, and back. It is also said to stretch the abdominal muscles and improve flexibility in the body.
- Lie down on the floor on your stomach.
- Place your hands next to your shoulder.
- Now slowly push your chest and body upwards facing the ceiling.
- This posture stretches the stomach and abdominal muscles and gives pressure to the belly region.
7. Utkatasana (Yoga Chair Pose)
One of the most efficient belly fat burning exercises is the yoga chair pose. This pose also strengthens the muscles of hips, thighs, knee, lower abdomen and lower back.
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Slowly raise your hands above the head and inhale deeply.
- Bend your knees and inhale again.
- Hold in this position and breathe normally.
- Remain in this position for about 40 seconds.
- Repeat this 10 times every day.
8. Paripurna Navasana (Boat Pose)
The boat pose is one of the power packed belly fat burning exercises that cuts extra fat from the abdomen and tones the muscles. It is also considered an ideal exercise for those suffering from neck pain and spinal problems.
- Lie down on your back keeping hands on the side and feet joined.
- Now slowly lift your head and chest off the ground while exhaling deeply.
- Stretch your hands towards the feet while keeping your chest and head upwards.
- Stay in the position for about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Slowly return to normal position and exhale again.
- Repeat this exercise 3 to 4 times at a stretch.
9. Salabhasana (Yoga Locust Pose)
The salabhasana pose is one of the hatha yoga postures and considered ideal for weight loss. So if you are looking to lose upper stomach fat, this exercise is best for you. It stretches the muscles of the belly, chest and shoulders effectively.
- Lie down on your stomach with your palms on the ground.
- Lift your legs up without bending the knees and inhale deeply.
- Now lift your torso and hands upwards and balance your body on the tummy.
- Hold in this position for about 30 seconds.
- This posture reduces the fat around the belly and hip region.
10. Surya Namaskara (Sun Salutation)
Last but not the least, Surya Namaskara is a very popular form of yoga that is applauded and appreciated by many. It is the first form of yoga that each and every individual should learn in order to lead a healthy life. Surya Namaskara involves every part of the body and is an efficient pose to get rid of belly fat. Apart from weight loss, it is also known to be a miraculous healer to ailments in the body. This pose makes you feel an immense pressure on your belly and helps you lose belly fat.
Exercise and yoga are not only a form of exercise but a key to leading a healthy life. It heals your inner body, rejuvenates you and helps you lead a healthy life in the longer run. Yoga poses and exercises must be combined with a well-balanced diet that does not include more than 1200 calories a day to eliminate the fat deposited in your belly region. Follow the above-mentioned belly fat burning exercises and yoga poses for effective belly fat reduction and a healthy body.