Super food is a marketing term for foods which have higher nutrient values as compared to other normal foods for weight loss. Though there is no scientific classification of superfoods the following properties make them eligible for that status.
- Most of the unprocessed foods are rated as super foods.
- Foods rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A, C, E, Omega 3 fatty acids and Flavonoids come under this category.
- These foods also contain many other vitamins, minerals, fiber and good fats which aid digestion and help in maintaining good metabolism in the body.
- Antioxidants protect the cells from damage due to free radicals which are chemicals generated within the cells.
- Consumption of super foods is believed to delay ageing, protect the body against diseases like diabetes, blood pressure and other ailments. Thus the foods are full of nutrition that enables you to live a long life rid of major diseases.
- They can easily made part of your daily meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner.Consuming them on a regular basis helps you to maintain your health and weight.
- Consuming them on a regular basis helps you to maintain your health and weight.
- So what better way to keep you slim? Achieving this through food is definitely a tried and tested way. So it is easy to adapt.
So what fits the bill? There are a number of foods which come under the umbrella of fruits, seafood, herbs, seeds, nuts and vegetables. Let’s have a look at 20 best foods for weight loss.
20 Best Foods For Weight Loss
Fruits For Weight Loss
Nature has given us abundant types of fruits which would enable us to lead a disease free life.
- Apples are loaded with antioxidants and phytonutrients that aid in fighting of free radicals. They also contain a good amount of fiber and vitamins.
- Eating an apple everyday will surely keep you healthy and fit in the long run.
- Eating apples makes you feel full since the skin contains fiber. Hence you tend to eat less food overall which brings in weight loss.
- Apples can be eaten as a snack or in between food since its calorie content is less.
- Watermelons are great hydrating fruits. They give you a feeling of fullness thus making you eat less for very few calories.
- Having sufficient water content in the body ensures proper metabolism in the body.
- The color red of watermelons is due to the antioxidant lycopene in it. Watermelons can be cut and juiced to be made into a cocktail by adding some nuts like almonds along with it. It could be consumed in between meals instead on munching on unhealthy snacks.
3. Blue Berries
- Blueberries are some of the super berries for good health.
- Flavonoids present in blueberries reduce risks of heart ailments.
- Being low in calories, 1 cup of blueberries contain only 80 calories with 4 grams of fiber.
- They contain polyphenols which help in breaking down of fat cells and preventing new ones to form thus helping in weight loss.
- They are also low in sugar, sodium and cholesterol thus keeping sugar levels in a balance d state.
- They have a tart taste and can be used in the frozen state too.
- To eat a healthy breakfast you can take half a bowl of berries, sprinkle some cereal over it. Pour milk or yoghurt over this and have it for breakfast.
4. Pomegranate Seeds
- Pomegranates help to satisfy your sweet taste buds. It is filled with folate and antioxidants.
- One cup of pomegranate seeds contains 6 grams of fiber and is only 144 calories. It is a good way to satisfy your hunger pangs. They can be easily added to salads in the place of nuts.
5. Goji Berries
- These berries are juicy and have a tart taste. The berries offer only 23 calories and 3 grams of protein for one ounce of them. Thus they serve as a filling snack and to eat in between meals. They could be clubbed with other dry fruits to make a trail mix too.
- Oranges are great in nourishment and less on calories. An orange consists of 59 calories and abundant fiber. Thus consumption of oranges makes you feel full and satiated.
- Being easy to buy and cheap in cost, it is a seasonal fruit. They contain loads of vitamin C which aids in generation of carnitine in the body which reduces fat.
Please click here to know about vegetables & seeds for weight loss…