Awesome Herbal Hair Colour Tips and Techniques!
Hair color is the latest trend in the market. People who are struggling with hair color problems are searching for tips and tricks to give their hair a perfect colored look. It is becoming an essentiality for greying hair as well as for makeover. However, coloring the hair means using the lot of chemicals which results in hair fall and hair damage. There are some natural and herbal ingredients which are easily available in our kitchen. Hence it is recommended to use herbal products to color the hair naturally. Get here some essential herbal hair color tips.
Below are few recipes and herbal hair color tips with natural ingredients and herbal products.
Herbal Hair Colour Tips
1. Lightening The Dark Hair
Lemon juice is the best ingredient to lighten the hair color.
- Cut a lemon and squeeze a lemon juice into a jar of water.
- Stir well and store it in a spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on the hair.
- Sit in the sun for some time to see a lighter hair shade.
- Soya sauce
- Mix equal quantities of vinegar and soya sauce.
- Apply the mix on the hair and allow it to dry completely.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly with normal water to obtain a lighter shade.
- Repeat this process one or two times in a month to see visible effects.
2. Herbal Hair Color Tips For Colouring The Hair
- Grate carrot and beetroot and extract the juice from them.
- Mix the juices thoroughly and apply the mix on the damp hair.
- Sit outside in the sunlight for some time.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
It gives a beautiful red tint to the hair. Regularly following this process enhances the redness of the hair.
3. Herbal Hair Colour Tips For Darkening The Hair
Tea and coffee do wonders for the darkening of the hair.
- Coffee powder
- Tea powder
- A shade of brown or black hair can be obtained with strong coffee or black tea.
- Take a spoon of tea powder and coffee powder.
- Add the same to water.
- Boil the ingredients with water for 20 minutes and strain it.
- Let the solution cool down.
- Wash the hair with this water as a final rinse.
4. Colouring And Conditioning The Hair
Henna is one of the most widely used herbs to color the hair. It acts both as a coloring agent as well as a natural conditioner.
Method 1 – Colouring The Hair
- Lime juice
- Soak henna in water and let it stand whole night.
- Apply the paste to the hair and leave it for 2-3 hours or till it dries completely.
- Wash it off with water to get a perfect burgundy shade.
- You can also squeeze lime juice on the hair, once the henna dries off. It will give your hair a lustrous deep burgundy color.
Method 2 – Conditioning The Hair
- Egg white
- Lemon juice
- Soak henna in water overnight.
- Break an egg and add the white portion of it to the paste.
- Add few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply the paste on the hair.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo and allow the hair to dry for deep conditioning.
- Henna makes the hair dry. Therefore, it is preferable to apply coconut oil to the hair one night prior to henna application.
- If you want to color your hair, it is always better to shampoo the hair first so that the dust and dirt are removed completely. Even the oil should be removed so that the color sticks to the hair perfectly.
- It is a 4 step process: oiling of hair, shampoo the hair, apply the pack and again shampoo.
- If you feel your hair has become too dry, then take few drops of olive oil and apply it on the hair.
5. Deepening The Hair Colour
- Black walnut
- Coffee powder
Black walnut darkens the hair and is considered to be one of the best herbal hair color tips.
- Take few walnuts and grind them to form the powder.
- Boil water in a container and add two teaspoons of black walnut powder.
- Add a teaspoon of coffee powder to it and boil till the water level comes to half.
- Allow the mixture to stand for few hours so that the ingredients properties are absorbed in water.
- Apply the mix on the hair from root to tip to get a darker shade.
- Follow this process 2 times in a month for best results.
Black walnut and coffee are an excellent combination to deepen the hair color. It gives a perfect dark tint to the hair and your hair looks glossy and shiny.
We all love our hair and colored hair looks great. Least to mention that one need not compromise with the cool looks due to harmful chemical products which damage the hair. Using herbal products leaves behind a shiny, strong and colored hair adding to an individual’s personality.
Apart from coloring the hair, these herbal hair color keeps your hair moisturized and conditioned. It is advisable to always clean the scalp first with a mild shampoo and then follow the herbal hair color tips and techniques. Hope you found this article useful. In case of any feedback or suggestions, please share the same in the comments section below.
Read more – Causes of Hair Loss in Women