Benefits of Beetroot : 5 Fantastic Ways to Use Beetroot for Skin and Hair!
Are you aware of the beauty benefits of beetroot? It is in these recent days that the use of beetroot to enhance beauty is being used a lot. Although the beautifully pink tinted vegetable has always been known to give good skin, it is the most natural and essential to use products for skin care. The vibrant hue coupled with the powerhouse of essential nutrients make the beetroot an amazing product to be used for skin care.
The pinkish hue helps you to get rid of dark spots left behind pimple, acne scars, freckles and pimples. Blemishes, fine lines and gives you a refreshed and rejuvenated skin. Being safe in nature, beetroot adjusts itself to every kind of skin type- dry, oily or sensitive. So without a shadow of doubt, include beetroot as a part of your skin care regime without any hesitation and reap all benefits of beetroot.
Do you wish to know Pomegranate benefits? Have a look at the Top 10 Health Benefits of Pomegranate…
I bring for you benefits of beetroot and 5 interesting ways to use it in your skin care regime.
Benefits of Beetroot For Skin And Hair
1. Glycerine, Beetroot, Rose Petals and Shea Butter Lip Balm
A lot of times you fret about how to handle the problem of dry and chapped lips. We may use a sunscreen on all the sun exposed parts of our body, but hardly do bother about the darkening of our lipstick. Sometimes excessive use of makeup too can lead to discoloration of lips. In such a case, a lip balm comes in as a very handy beauty product that can be used at any given time of the day.
Beetroot enriched Lip balm becomes one of the most used products to bring back baby like soft and pink lips. To make a DIY Homemade Lip Balm, you can very easily use a few handful of ingredients like:
- 1 tablespoon Glycerine
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon Rose Petal Paste
- 1 tablespoon Beetroot Paste
How to Make The Beetroot DIY Lip Balm?
- Take a few rose petals and using rose water crush them in to a paste.
- Take a beetroot and peel and grate it. Crush the Beetroot into a paste
- Mash and mix both the pastes into the Shea Butter and combine them properly.
- Mix Glycerine to the Butter.
- Give the entire mixture a good mix and store this lip balm in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Use this beetroot Lip Balm on your lips throughout the day, and thanks to the pink tint in the Beetroot, and the natural color of the rose, you will see that you have baby-like soft and supple pink lips.
2. Anti- Ageing Face Mask Using Beetroot
Beetroot has been known to carry a gamut of vital and essential skin enriching nutrients like Vitamins A and C and flavonoids, beta-carotene and antioxidants and the natural beauty pigment that is purple in color called betalain. This Betalain helps you to keep your skin away from free radicals and thereby maintains the youth of your skin.
A beetroot face mask helps you in keeping fine lines and freckles away and gives you a naturally blushing healthy looking skin.
For making the DIY beetroot face mask you need –
- 1 carrot
- ½ beetroot
- ½ cup of yogurt
Procedure to Make the Face Mask –
- Take a carrot, peel it, and add it to the jar of a mixer.
- Now take a beetroot and cut into half. Peel the beetroot dice it into cubes.
- Add the carrots to the beetroots and give the vegetables a good blitz.
- Take some fresh yogurt and, mix the paste of the carrot and the Beetroots.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck evenly and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
You will instantly feel a remarkable change in the texture of your skin. Your skin will feel tighter and it will be much more firm in its feel. The beetroot will leave your cheeks blushing and naturally highlighted. Yogurt deeply nourishes your skin and beetroot gives you younger looking skin.
Looking for some desperate measures for ant-aging? Here are superfoods for anti-aging that you must include in your daily diet…
3. Beetroot and Tomato Toner
Our skin gets exposed to a number of pollutants, dust, grime, heat, and therefore falls prey to damage and harm, leading to open pores on your skin. These open pores get even worse when the natural oil produced by our skin-Sebum gets penetrated into the pores making them even larger.
Open pores invite Pimple and Acne into your skin making it susceptible for acne too. Beetroot juice proves as the best natural toner to help you sooth your skin. To make the beetroot and tomato toner is no rocket science!
Just take beetroot juice and Tomato Juice work the magic of their astringent properties on your skin. Take the Beetroot Juice and Tomato Juice and mix them into a spray bottle, take a dab of cotton and apply this toner on your face and wash your face after 10 minutes to fine smooth, glowing and deeply nourished.
If you want to know the health benefits of tomato, here are the details…
4. Apple Beetroot Carrot and Coriander Detox Drink
Beetroot has always been known to be one of the safest, most natural, organic and healthiest drink to detoxify your system. Beetroot is known to have the best cleansing properties and is widely used as a very popular and effective detox drink. The impurities and adulteration levels in our food today are so high, courtesy the pesticides and chemicals that are used on our food today.
All you’ve got to do is take –
- 1 apple
- 1 beetroot
- 1 Carrot
- Few fresh stalks of Coriander
How to Make This Detox Drink?
- Peel the carrot apple and beetroot and wash the coriander well.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and give it a quick blitz. Add some water.
- Drink this drink on an empty stomach and this detox drink will cleanse your liver and kidneys and aid in efficient functioning of your system, thereby eliminating waste and impurities from your body.
Get here the perfect solution on how to reduce belly fat with weight loss drinks!
5. Beetroot for Hair Loss
Beetroot houses potassium, protein, calcium, Vitamin B and C in a heavy amount and thus, hair health calls for regular usage of Beetroot , in order to supply essential and Vital Nutrients to your scalp. Beetroot has been tested very efficient in controlling hair loss. Beetroot also helps you to get rid of dandruff and an itchy scalp.
- Just peel 2-3 beetroots and boil them in a litre of water. Let this concoction cool down. After you have rinsed your hair post shampoo, pour this concoction on your scalp. Keep it on your scalp for 5 minutes and rinse your hair with cold water.
- You will see a significantly positive result in the result of the hair quality. And beetroot will lend a silky smooth and soft feel to your hair.
Do you wish for the thick and lustrous hair? Let’s see how to prevent Hair Loss…
So you see friends! Beetroot is extremely helpful for adding beauty to your personality and thus make personal care easy to do. So take your time to reap the benefits of beetroot and be blessed with glowing skin.