Hands Care Tips : Home Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands!
Your hands face so much. Then, why let them bear the grunt of harsh dry weather? Dryness in climate is the commonest factor behind rough, dry and chapped hands. The conditions may sometimes worsen, causing your hands to bleed. It is extremely painful and deprives you of many important chores that you are supposed to complete. Well, to know home remedies for dry cracked hands, you must understand the root causes behind its origin. This dryness is mainly caused by the rough winters or overexposure to water. Working for the long time washing away the dishes in your kitchen may prove harmful for your hands.
Here are some handy tips on how to do a manicure at home step by step.
Before getting to know how to treat dry hands, there are certain precautions that you must take for extremely dry hands. These includes-
- Wearing gloves before working in water. Use rubber gloves for this purpose. Also, to retain the moisture of your hands, wear a cotton glove for overnight. In winters, apply lotion or hand cream for dry hands before wearing gloves.
- Always go for best hand care products those have ingredients like cocoa butter, shea butter, aloe, and essential oils.
- Ideally, go for best Organic skin care products in the market. Those containing harmful chemicals will surely harm your hands in long run
- Using warm water instead of too hot or cold water for extremely dry hands is recommended.
Treatments for Dry Hands
Although, there are many over-the-counter best hand care products available in the market, we will discuss some simplest remedies to take care of dry hands. Do you want to know what helps dry hands, read on.
1. Wash Your Hands Properly
Our guide to treatments for dry hands begins with washing them appropriately. Use mild hand soaps for the same. Always use lukewarm water along with gentle hand soaps. Pat your hands dry with the soft towel and apply the best hand lotion on them. You can replace your soaps with hand sanitizers to avoid too much exposure to water.
2. Moisturizing Extremely Dry Hands
To moisturize hands, use hand lotion or petroleum jelly. Apply them in thick layers to repair the cracked hands. Prefer ingredients like humectants, emollients and dimethicone in these products for sustainable results. These ingredients like Jojoba oil, lanolin, propylene glycol linoleate, etc. work as lubricants to fill the cracks in the skin. Humectants help to retain moisture on the outer skin of hands.
3. Home Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands
Do you know what helps dry hands most effectively? It’s the common ingredients found in your kitchen. There are many easy-to-do home remedies that come handy for the cracked, chapped or dry hands. Here are few home remedies for dry cracked hands.
- Rub coconut oil regularly on your hands. Use unrefined coconut oil for this purpose.
- Rub some salt on hands when they are wet. It works best after your daily shower.
- Wash your hands properly. Then apply some vinegar and keep them under gloves at least overnight.
- Rub oatmeal on wet hands. It is rich in vitamin E and helps to soothe dry skin.
- Add some cornstarch to your bathtub to get respite from itchy skin.
- Use clarified butter, preferably the homemade one. It soothes the rough skin. Apply it at least 3-4 times daily.
- Regular massage of olive oil on your dry hands to relieve cracked skin and itchiness. It also helps to keep your skin moisturised for a longer time.
- Apply pure Aloe vera gel daily on your hands. It cools them off and heals them deeply.
You will certainly find these tips useful while taking care of your skin and look good in the cold and dry season…
Stay cool, use liquid soaps, avoid alcohol and wear gloves while using harsh chemicals. Try these simple home remedies for dry cracked hands and you will find great relief from rough hands forever!
If you liked reading these tips then please share it with your friends on Social Media and please dont forget to give your feedback in the comments section below.