Table of Contents Hide
- What is Dry Cracked Hands?
- Etiology for Dry Cracked Hands
- Home Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands
- Other Effective Home Remedies
- General Tips for Cracked Hands
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Join Our Email List to Get Organic Tips via Email!
- Congratulations! You will start receiving amazing and useful organic tips via email.
Scuffling with dry cracked hands? With improved time and milieu, many couldn’t afford their time to look after your hands, leading to dryness and cracks. Don’t get in a fluster! Here comes some of the best and effective home remedies for dry cracked hands to get out of this issue.
What is Dry Cracked Hands?
Dry cracked hands are an indication of lack of moisture over your hands. Damaged epidermis (outer layer of skin) leads to dry cracked hands. Various reasons are behind this epidermal damage. Scroll down to get a knowledge about the causes related to dry cracked hands.
Etiology for Dry Cracked Hands
- Water – Continuous exposure to water washes off all the natural oils in your hand, causes lack of moisture retention.
- Seasonal Changes -Winter season is always hard over the skin. Cool air do away with moisture in the epidermis.
- Soaps – Soaps usually dries your skin, withdrawing the moisture leading to dry cracked hands
- Harsh Chemicals – Habitual exposure of hands to any harsh chemicals wear away the epidermis of the skin.
- Aging – As your age proceeds, oil secretion gets diminished and brings about dryness and cracks.
Home Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands
Attention is a must for treating dry cracked hands. If left untreated, it might lead to pain and it will become a great obstacle for you to do even the simpler things. Let’s have a look regarding the home remedies for dry cracked hands to treat this problem naturally without any side effects and it’s economical too!
Aloe vera is used nowadays in many skin care products, as it naturally contains a soothing and moisturizing effect. It also heals numerous skin problems. Aloe vera stocks up the lost moisture and also creates a protective layer to your skin, treats dry cracked hands. It even improves the skin complexion.
- Aloe vera leaf
- Lukewarm water
- Take an aloe vera leaf.
- Cut it and open up.
- Collect the aloe vera gel by scraping it with a knife.
- Now apply it directly over your skin and massage it.
- Leave it for 15 min and rinse your hands with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the procedure twice in a week to get better results.
2. Almond Oil and Milk
Almond oil is a best balsamic and moisturizer for skin, as it is rich in vitamin E. It also has the anti-oxidant property which maintains the skin health to the most part. Milk is also a good moisturizer for dry cracked hands. The combination of both milk and almond oil is one of the effective home remedies for dry cracked hands. Don’t miss it! Go with an attempt of doing it.
- 1 glass of warm milk
- 1 spoon of almond oil
- Take a glass of warm milk.
- Add a spoon of almond oil to the milk and mix well.
- Have this brew before going to bed.
- Take this daily to get rid of dry cracked hands.
3. Avocado and Honey
Avocado encourages healing as it is rich in several vitamins and anti-oxidants. Avacado soothes skin and helps to restore skin’s health. Honey has anti-bacterial property and aids in anti-aging effect because it contains anti-oxidants. It also moisturizes your skin and improves skin complexion with a glassy effect.
- 1 avocado fruit
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Mash the avocado fruit into a paste.
- Add this mashed fruit to honey.
- Mix it well to a fine paste.
- Now apply this mixture over hands.
- Leave it for 15 min.
- Wash well with warm water.
- Get out of the dry cracked hands soon by repeating this procedure twice in a week.
4. Honey, Banana and Olive Oil
Nowadays olive oil is used excessively as a beauty care element as it contains anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties. It is a good moisturizer too. Banana is packed with vitamin C and vitamin E, which promotes good health for the skin and gives a glowing effect. Combining honey, banana and olive oil gives a good result for dry cracked hands.
- 1 medium sized banana
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash the banana along with olive oil and honey.
- Apply this mixture on your hands.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hands in cold or lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure often to get smooth and glowing hands.
5. Avocado with Egg Yolk and Yogurt
Egg yolk aids in retaining the moisture over your skin, treat dryness. Yogurt has the anti-bacterial effect on bacteria causing dry cracked hands. Avocado, as we discussed earlier aids in soothing and healing which maintains your skin’s overall health.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small avocado fruit
- 1 spoon of yogurt
- Mash the avocado fruit and take it in a bowl.
- Add egg yolk and yogurt to the mixture.
- Apply this paste on your hand.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat it twice in a week for better relief.
6. Clarified Butter
Do you know what clarified butter is? The normal butter contains butterfat along with water and milk solids. But the clarified butter is fully packed with butter fat without water and milk solids. Simply it’s nothing but a form of “GHEE”. Fatty acid in ghee has the best healing property and acts as a good moisturizer for skin.
- 2 tablespoon of clarified butter
- Warm water for rinsing
- Apply clarified butter all over your hands and massage it for few minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hands with warm water.
7. Cucumber and Butter
Cucumber is packed with vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. It reduces inflammation, nourishes skin and improves skin texture. Combining cucumber and butter is one of the effective home remedies for dry cracked hands.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 spoon of butter
- Mash the cucumber and take it in a bowl.
- Add butter to it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
8. Castor Oil
Castor oil is packed with essential fatty acids that restore skin moisture. These fatty acids penetrate your skin and restore moisture by hydrating it, thus remove dryness.
- 2 – 3 spoons of castor oil
- Take the castor oil and gently massage it over your hands.
- Leave it throughout the night.
- Next morning, wash it with warm water or mild soap.
- You can also steam your hands before applying castor oil. It opens up your skin pores and this oil can penetrate deep inside to have a better effect.
9. Sesame oil
Sesame oil is rich in vitamin E, linoleic acid and anti-oxidants. Linoleic acid has anti-bacterial properties, fights with dry and cracked hands. Vitamin E nourishes skin and also increases the skin complexion. Sesame oil provides moisture to your skin.
- 2-3 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Apply this sesame oil on your hands.
- Massage for few minutes.
- Wait for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- You can also add this oil in bath water daily.
10. Gram Flour with Milk Cream
Gram flour is a natural scrubber, fades off the dead skin cells and restores good health for the skin. Milk cream is an extraordinary ingredient which aids in moisture. It provides a soothing effect and gives a glassy appearance for your skin.
- 2-3 tablespoon of gram flour
- 1/2 cup of fresh milk cream
- Take milk cream in a bowl.
- Add required amount of gram flour to the cream and mix well to a paste.
- Apply this paste all over the affected part of your hands.
- Leave it for 10 min.
- Wash with warm water.
- Repeat it daily for 2 to 3 weeks to get rid of dry cracked hands.
Other Effective Home Remedies
We also have other combinations of natural products which are effective for treating dry cracked hands, gives you good healthy skin.
- Peanut, honey and milk
- Ground oatmeal and honey
- Plain coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Papaya with honey, lemon and yogurt
- Plain peanut butter
General Tips for Cracked Hands
Check out our effective tips below that promote healing and maintain the moisture level in your skin.
- Avoid taking things (for instance, caffeine and alcohol) that dehydrates your body.
- Have on plenty of water to stay hydrated which in turn prevents skin drying.
- Don’t wet your hands often.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and hand washes.
- Use natural moisturizers like coconut oil.
- Wear gloves when exposing your hands to harsh chemicals.
- Dry hands lead to itchiness but never scratch it.
- Wear cotton or soft fabrics, prevents dry cracked hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will it take to cure dry cracked hands with these home remedies?
It depends on the severity of dryness. Mostly, it requires one month to have an effective result.
2. Can we use soaps for washing?
You can use mild soaps. Using the hard one washes away the moisture and leaves your skin dry.
3. Will these home remedies have an effect on dryness caused by aging?
Of course yes, it has a direct impact on dryness and gives you smooth and glassy skin.
Gets a relief from dry and cracked hands using these home remedies. As all these remedies contain only natural products, it leaves only goodness without side effects. Get benefited by utilizing these ideas and have smooth and silky hands!
Read Next – Hands Care Tips: Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands!