Amazing Home Remedies For Gout That Really Work!
Gout is a severe form of arthritis and causes immense pain in the affected areas. It is a more common problem in males as compared to females. However, women may also develop this symptom post menopause. Gout causes severe pain in different parts of the body which includes ankles, knees, joints on the hands etc. there is inflammation, swelling and pain in the affected parts. This article will give you some effective home remedies for gout.
Do you know the natural remedies for Arthritis? Let us know the best remedies…
The exact reason for gout is not known however excess uric acid deposit in the body results in gout. There are some other reasons as well which include prolonged diabetes and hypertension, alcohol intake, family history of gout and even certain medications.
Gout causes acute pain and there are certain home remedies for gout which can provide relief from pain.
Home Remedies for Gout
The below home remedies for gout will definitely provide relief if followed regularly and in a disciplined manner.
1. Eat Fruits
You heard it right! Eating fruits regularly helps to get rid of the acute pain in gout.
- Fruits like apple, banana, cherry, pineapple and grapes are found to be very useful.
- Banana is rich in Vitamin C and eating banana regularly helps to convert the uric acid in to liquid form. This helps to heal gout over a period of time.
- Eating apples, grapes and pineapples help to reduce the acute pain. Consume these fruits religiously and see the difference.
- Eat cherries regularly. This will not only reduce the pain but also reduce inflammation in the affected areas. It is advisable to eat at least 10-15 cherries every day.
2. Use Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is found to be very effective. It reduces the swelling to a great extent and provides relief in gout pain. Add Epsom salt to your bathing tub. Soak yourself in this solution for 15 minutes at least two times in a week. This method will help to relax the muscle tension and reduce inflammation.
3. Drink Enough Water
Water has been found to be the most effective solution to prevent disease. There is no better option to prevent any disease than staying hydrated and the same holds good for gout as well.
Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. This will help to flush the toxins from the body. It will also help to liquidate the uric acid present in the body and the same can be eliminated from the body in a natural way.
4. Try Cold Therapy
Cold therapy reduces the swelling and eases the nerves. Soak a towel in ice cold water and apply the same on the affected areas.
Caution: Do not apply ice directly on the affected regions or soak yourself in ice cold water as it may alleviate the pain tremendously.
5. Lemon – A Miracle Citrus Fruit
- Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and acts as a diuretic.
- It will help to dilute the uric acid which in turn will reduce swelling and help to heal gout over a period of time.
- It also helps to reduce the acute pain in gout.
Lemon can be used in 2 ways.
Method 1 –
- In a glass of water, squeeze half a lemon.
- Add a pinch of baking soda to this solution.
- Let it stay for some time and then drink this liquid.
- Drink this liquid at least twice in a day.
Method 2 –
- Squeeze half a lemon and extract the fresh juice from it.
- Add water to it and drink it 3-4 times in a day to get relief from gout.
Lemon will not help instantly, however if taken regularly it will show effectiveness and help to reduce pain and swelling.
6. Magical Ginger
Ginger is considered to be an effective remedy in gout. It has anti-inflammatory property and hence is very effective to reduce swelling.
Ginger can be used in several ways.
- Add ginger to your daily food. Ginger forms an important ingredient in our day to day cooking and hence can be very useful.
How to Prepare Ginger Tea?
- Crush few slices of ginger and add it to a container of water.
- Boil the mix and let the liquid steep for some time.
- Strain the solution and drink this tea several times in a day for relief.
Also, prepare a ginger paste and apply it on the affected areas. You can add a pinch of turmeric to this paste for increased effectiveness.
7. Sweet Honey
Honey is also known to reduce swelling and gout pain.
- You can consume honey directly twice a day.
- Also, you can mix honey and apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and consume 2 glasses of this mix regularly to see the difference.
Let’s see what could be the health benefits of honey? Click here to read more…
8. Miraculous Mustard
Mustard oil and mustard powder are very effective to reduce pain and swelling.
Apply mustard oil on the affected areas and massage gently several times in a day. This will provide immediate relief from the pain.
How to Prepare Mustard Paste?
Mustard paste is very useful in gout as it eases the nerves and provides relief from pain. It also reduces inflammation in the affected regions if used regularly.
- Mustard powder
- Whole wheat powder
- Take mustard powder in a blender jar.
- Add sufficient water to it and blend it properly to form a smooth paste.
- Add the whole wheat powder to the paste and make a fine mix.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas.
- Tie a clean muslin cloth on the paste to prevent leakage from the paste.
- Leave it overnight and wash off next morning.
- Repeat this process daily to see considerable difference within a week.
9. Drink Vegetable Juices
Vegetable juices also help to reduce gout pain. Drink plenty of vegetable juice such as carrot juice, cucumber juice, boiled vegetable juices to get relief from gout pain.
10. Use Castor Oil
Castor oil is excellent for any form of pain.
- Slightly warm the castor oil and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Apply the oil on the affected areas using the cotton ball.
- Massage gently for few minutes.
- Repeat the process several times daily to reduce gout pain and swelling.
Gout is an extreme condition and the pain is acute. These home remedies for gout will definitely provide respite from pain. It is better to follow these home remedies for gout than opt for painkillers which are a temporary solution. It is always advisable to consult a doctor if the pain persists and is intolerable.
Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.