Do you have a chest pain at times? Does your heartburn frequently? Well, then these are alarming symptoms of severe acidity problem. Acidity can lead to severe discomfort in a person and most of the adult population have definitely witnessed this problem at least once in their lifetime. You can try organic home remedies for acidity.
Acidity is a common problem and acid reflux is the main reason behind it. At times it makes you so uncomfortable that you cannot work, walk, sleep or even rest. Acid reflux is the process in which the food comes up to the esophagus and you may experience acidic hiccups and uneasiness.
The digestive juices present in the stomach are acidic in nature and hence the causes heartburns and even burning in the throat area. The main reason for the acidic reflux is our eating habits, empty stomach for a prolonged duration and inclusion of hot and spicy food in our diet.
Symptoms Of Acidity
Acidity can be diagnosed at a very early stage and necessary precautions can be taken accordingly. The common symptoms of acidity include-
- Bloating of stomach
- Weight loss
- Acidic hiccups
- Burning sensation in throat
Effective home remedies for constipation that you can try at once…
Have a look at some amazing organic home remedies for acidity!
Excellent Organic Home Remedies for Acidity
Yes, that’s right! Water is one of the excellent organic home remedies for acidity. Over a period of time it also helps to cure acidity.
Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily to prevent the excessive secretion of acidic juices in the stomach.
Make it a practice to drink 3-4 glasses of water in an empty stomach. This may sometimes result in vomiting but that is good as it won’t result in acidic reflux.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Surprised by seeing apple cider vinegar as one of the organic home remedies for acidity! Well yes, although Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, however it balances the PH in the stomach and provides instant relief from acidity.
In other words, it can be said that getting more acid can cure acidity.
How To Intake Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup of water
- Take a cup of water and mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well and drink this solution whenever you feel uncomfortable.
Note: Consume apple cider vinegar only when you have acute acidity as this provides immediate relief. Do not consume it frequently as it may have the negative impact.
3. Banana and Apple
Bananas are a natural source of antacid and easily available in the market. Ripe bananas are more useful than the raw one.
You can consume a very ripe banana in the morning time which can be extremely useful in acidic reflux. Very ripe bananas have the rotten smell and are blackish on the outside; however they are beneficial in acidity.
Similarly, you can eat few slices of apple before going to sleep. This will be useful to prevent the symptoms of acidity.
Almonds can reduce the heartburn to a great extent and provide relief in acidity. Almonds are known to alkalize the digestive juices and reduce the acidic flux in the body.
Eat 2-3 almonds after every meal or snacks. No matter after dinner, lunch, breakfast or any time that you intake something to follow it up by munching 2-3 almonds preferably the organic almonds.
Let’s see Benefits of Eating Almonds Daily…
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the well-known organic home remedies for acidity. There are so many ads which focus on the importance of drinking ENO to reduce acidity. Well ENO is nothing but flavored baking soda.
Therefore having baking soda along with water will stop the burping and make you at ease.
How To Consume Baking Soda?
- Baking soda
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and add it to a cup of water.
- Once you see the effervescence of baking soda, drink the solution immediately for instant relief.
You need not consume baking soda daily in acidity. Drink this solution when you are at unease.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has the alkalizing property which can be very effective to neutralize the excessive acidic secretion in the body.
How To Consume Aloe Vera?
- Aloe Vera juice
- Take 2 tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice and mix it in a half cup of lukewarm water.
- Drink this liquid in an empty stomach daily to get rid of acidity.
It is obvious that Aloe Vera does not have a great taste and becomes difficult to drink. However, do not worry much about the taste and have this juice regularly to reduce the acidic flux.
Yes you heard it right! Mustard has great properties to reduce acidity contrary to the belief that mustard promotes acidity. The alkaline nature of mustard helps to inhibit the secretion of.
How To Use Mustard?
- Mustard seeds
- Take sufficient quantity of mustard seed and grind them in a mixer to form fine powder.
- Now add little water to this powder and grind again to form a smooth paste.
- Add more water if required till you get a fine mustard paste.
- Take half spoon of this paste and consume it followed by a glass of water.
- Repeat this process daily to reduce heart burn.
Mustard has a very bad taste but just close your nose and eyes and lick this paste to get instant relief from acidity.
Ginger is one of the excellent organic home remedies for acidity and reduces heartburn to a great extent. You can consume ginger tea religiously several times in a day. It is also useful remedy for nausea.
How To Prepare Ginger Tea?
- Take a piece of ginger and clean it properly.
- In a container take water and boil it.
- Add the crushed ginger piece to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for some time before straining the solution.
- Drink this fresh ginger tea to suppress the acidic reflux.
You can also use the ginger roots if it is available. Instead of ginger pieces, replace it with ginger roots and drink the tea for relief.
Chamomile is a miracle flower and is very effective for any kind of diseases related to the stomach. This flower has been found very effective even in acidic reflux and provides relief.
If you do not get fresh chamomile flowers, you can use the dried flower petals as well which are easily available in the market and are equally effective. Chamomile can be consumed in the form of tea.
How To Prepare Chamomile Tea?
- Chamomile flower petals
- Boil water in a container.
- Take some dried chamomile petals and crush them to form powder.
- Add the powder to the boiling water and allow it to boil for some time.
- Now bring down the container and let the petal powder steep for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add few drops of honey to it for taste.
- Drink this solution as tea 2 times in a day to get relief from acidity.
You can drink a cup of chamomile tea 1 hour before going to bed as it helps to control the acidic reflux.
What When And How To Eat
These 3 questions will provide the solution to all your questions regarding acidity and acidic reflux.
1. What To Eat?
In case of acidity, do not eat food that is highly acidic and extremely spicy. These include oily and spicy food, tomatoes, citrus fruits like orange and lemon. Refrain yourself from these food.
2. When To Eat?
It is always advisable not to eat 3-4 hours before going to bed. This is because excessive digestive juices will be secreted while you are asleep to digest the food and you may end up in acidic reflux the nest morning.
3. How To Eat?
It is scientifically proven that your mind takes approximately 20 minutes to understand that your stomach is full. Therefore take in smaller bites of food and chew the food properly. This helps in proper digestion of the food. Eating bigger bites will result in overeating and by the time your brain realizes it, you would have already eaten extra.
Don’t miss to know health habits that should be adopted by everyone to lead a healthier and long life.
Do’s And Don’ts For Acidity
- Drink plenty of water.
- Reduce your weight as it will result in lower acidic reflux.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol when you are suffering from acidity. This will worsen the condition.
- Do not wear very tight fitting clothes. The primary reason behind is that very tight fitting clothes result in abdomen contraction and put lot of pressure on the abdomen. This in turn puts more pressure on the oesophagus and there are chances of a reflux. Also avoid using belts while eating.
- Avoid deeply fried food, spicy food, fruit juices and chocolates as it may aggravate the situation.
- Try to follow simple home remedies and avoid medicines and tablets as it may result in side effects.
- Make a note about your eating habits as it will give you a good knowledge of what you should eat and what you should avoid.
- Take light food and eat several times in a day to avoid acidity. Light diet will uplift your mood and you can do lot of work whereas very heavy spicy food makes you lethargic.
Acidity is not a serious problem till one makes it a bigger problem. Identify the initial symptoms of acidity and take precautionary measures accordingly. Maintain a disciplined life and controlling your food cravings are definitely the key measures to bring acidity under control.
Hope you have found this article useful to know about organic home remedies for acidity. In case of any feedback or suggestion please share the same in the comments section below.
Originally posted 2017-06-04 05:41:44. Republished by Blog Post Promoter