The importance of oils in growing healthy hair or having a healthy skin has not been looked down since ages. The oils are capable of providing all the essential nutrients that are required by our bodies. It not only nourishes our hair but also improves the skin of health. While the benefits of coconut oil, Neem oil, castor oil is known to a lot of people, the Jojoba oil uses and its benefits are known to very few!
It’s one amazing oil that is, unfortunately, staying in the limelight from a long time simply because people are not aware. This article is an attempt to bring the amazing benefits of Jojoba oil to light. The Jojoba oil uses are plenty! Read on and know how jojoba oil can be a one-stop solution to all your cues on hair and skin. Let’s get started?
First things first. Before I talk about the Jojoba oil uses for hair and skin, let me tell you what exactly is jojoba oil. Don’t wonder if you already know about it, because a lot of people don’t. Wait… most of the people don’t. So let’s dig into jojoba oil uses after getting familiar with this amazing oil.
What is Jojoba oil?
Jojoba oil can be explained as a liquid wax which is extracted from the nuts of an American shrub. These shurbs are called Simmondsia Chinensis in scientific terms. Its commonly called as the “Hohowi” by the native Americans. This is a shrubby tree that grows on a large scale in the United States and the great forest of Amazon. More than the green part, the brown part or the seeds of this shrub is found to be most useful. It’s been used by the North Americans since times immemorial. The wax of the jojoba seed constitutes up to 50% of the nut but unfortunately, it cannot be used as the wax gets eliminated in the process of extracting the oil. It is found as a common ingredient that’s used in the cosmetics and skin creams. So that concludes that this jojoba oil has got something really special which is making it an active ingredient to all the beauty products. Let’s dig into the Jojoba oil uses now.
Jojoba Oil Uses
1. Jojoba Oil for Acne
Acne is one of the most common adolescent problems faced today. Acne appears due to the increased activities of sebaceous glands which are working on high tides when an individual hits puberty. However, the problem of acne is not just limited to teens but also adults. The non-capability of the body to fight acne at an early age makes it a problem even in adulthood. Well, nothing to worry now. Jojoba oil is one of the best oils that can help you in getting rid of that stubborn acne permanently! Yes, that’s right! You can get rid of acnes permanently if you use jojoba oil regularly. Jojoba oil and acne can be regarded as greatest foes of all times. They repel each other, so the moment you start applying Jojoba oil, acne will disappear!
When you apply Jojoba oil on your acne, it will dissolve the deposits of sebum and will help to dislodge your skin pores. This will prevent the skin pores from getting blocked. Besides, Jojoba oil has antibacterial properties which control the activities of bacteria in your skin pores. Bacterial activities are one of the main reasons leading to acnes. Thus stopping the bacterial activities means stopping the occurrence of acne.
How to Use Jojoba Oil for Acne?
- Heat 2 to 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil in a small cup on low flame. Make sure you heat it only for about 5 to 8 seconds as heating excessively might cause loss of minerals.
- Use cotton balls to dip in the oil and dab it directly on the areas where you have acne.
- Do not run it all over your face. All you have to do is just dab it gently on the areas where you’ve developed acne. Let it stay for at least 20 minutes.
- You can wash it off later with mild water. Doing this for at least 2 weeks will prove you that jojoba oil and acnes are greatest foes! Don’t believe me? Try it yourself!
2. Jojoba Oil for Body Moisturizer
Soaps and many other agents that are used for cleaning your skin will strip your skin from the layer of sebum that’s naturally produced by your skin. The purpose of sebum is to keep your skin hydrated all the time. So when you’re extensively using chemical products on your skin, along with dirt, a large portion of sebum too is washed away. Using Jojoba oil on the skin will hydrate your skin and retain the moisture content.
If you’re wondering why it’s so important to keep your skin hydrated, I’ll tell you why. Dehydrated skin is very vulnerable to various kinds of bacterial infections. Germs too get easily attracted when you’re dehydrated. Thus keeping your skin hydrated all the time is of utmost importance. Jojoba oil which is waxy in nature will help in sealing the moisture content creating an effective wall to all the unnecessary bacterial infections.
- Take 2 tablespoons of pure jojoba oil in your palms. Rub the oil well to create some heat.
- Now, you can rub this oil onto your hands, legs and other parts of your body that are exposed when you go out.
- This will ensure that your body is not left dehydrated. Also, every time you wash your face, apply one thin layer of jojoba oil on your face to keep it hydrated.
- You can also use cotton balls to apply Jojoba oil and leave it overnight. You will experience a much softer skin when you wake up!
3. Jojoba Oil for Hair
Jojoba oil is rich in nutrients that can help you in having a beautiful and voluminous hair. It helps in prevention of dandruff and thus ensures proper supply of all the nutrients to the skin pores that are present on your scalp. The hair follicles too which produce sebum will be regulated by regular usage of jojoba oil. It has properties that’ll keep lice at bay. So if you’re worried about lice problem, get a bottle of jojoba oil now!
Best Way of Using Jojoba Oil for Hair
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil in a small cup on low flame. The same rule applies here too – do not overheat the oil. Now apply this oil onto your scalp and give a gentle Massage by using your fingers.
- Massaging through your fingers will ensure deeper penetration of the oil. (I guess now you know why your grand mom always asks you to use fingers for massaging the scalp. Well, my grandmother always does that:p)
- Leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning. You can use a mild shampoo to get rid of the oiliness. Repeat this for at least 3 weeks to be blown by its results. Your hair will become a lot much shinier and smoother!
- You can also make a Jojoba oil hair Mask once in a week. To make it, mix 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil with 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Now apply this oil onto your scalp and hair. Apply it evenly from the hair roots to the tip. Using 4 tablespoons of Jojoba oil will actually make your head look too oily. Well, that’s what we’re actually looking for.
- You can use a shower cap to cover your head and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning by using shampoo. A mild shampoo here is mandatory or you’ll end up roaming around with oily looking hair.
4. Jojoba Oil Uses for Face
Many people complain about the oily face or dry face. A dry face not only makes you appear older but also makes you look very dull and boring. If you too are worried about oily and dry face, then jojoba oil is the best solution for you. Many people believe that using oils on the face can make your face look more oily. Let me tell you, that’s a myth! Oils won’t leave your face to look oily. Most of the oils will surprisingly, reduce the oiliness that’s present on your face.
The sebaceous glands that are responsible for producing excessive oils in your skin pores, making your skin appear oily will be well regulated by using Jojoba oil on your face. It has many anti-inflammatory properties that can help in fighting the dryness if the face. The liquid wax present in the jojoba oil will keep your face well hydrated reducing the chances of getting attacked by bacteria or fungal infections. Even the blackheads on the nose can be reduced by regular application of jojoba oil in that region. The vitamin E content that’s richly present in the Jojoba oil can fight many bacterial infections giving you a clear face.
- Before you go to bed in the night, apply one or two coats of jojoba oil on your face using a soft cloth or cotton balls.
- You can also heat it a little and massage your face with the oil. Let it stay overnight. You can wash it in the morning with warm water.
- Repeat this everyday and you’ll notice a clear face free from oiliness and dryness within a couple of weeks!
They were some of the amazing jojoba oil uses for acne, hair, skin and face. Knowing the benefits will do no good unless you actually apply them. So wait no further. Grab your wallet and get jojoba oil today! Start using it to fight any of your cues relating to skin or hair. The usefulness of any oil can be known only after experiencing! So, what are you waiting for? Time to experience (Or rather enjoy, I would say) the jojoba oil uses now!